Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Tue 17 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    3-1 win, playoff dream back on (scuppered again at Portsmouth).
  • Options
    Jammy 0-1 to us or 5-0 them I can't decide.
  • Options
    1-1 reeves
  • Options
    Ricky Holmes scored a hat trick there last season and we still lost! Can't see us scoring three tonight unless Fosu puts in a Fleetwood away performance COYRs.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury 3 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    This team has a soft core mentally and physically .....3-0 Shrews....won’t waste 7 bucks on iFollow either
  • Options
    How many times have I read on here 'its the hope that kills'. We will win tonight just to keep that hope alive a little longer
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Amos
    Dijksteel | Bauer | Pearce | Page
    Marshall| Forster-Caskey | Kashi | Fosu
    Magennis | Ajose

Good with a flat 442 but real width in Marshall and Fosu who can also depend.

1 - 0 to the Addicks (Magennis)

You're very loyal to Mag. Just wish he'd deliver a performance tonight.

1-1 would be a good result 'in some ways', but we need more than a point in our push for the playoffs.
  • Options
    On Saturday the players looked shattered and the season looks over. 3-0 Shrewsbury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SDAddick said:

You're one player short on the bench. Marshall, I suspect.

In the home leg of this they absolutely swarmed and overran us in midfield. They gave us nothing on the day, it was a very good performance from them.

I can't see how us going 4-4-2 will help what we struggled with at home in a 4-2-3-1. Shrewsbury play a sort of 4-1-4-1 which gives them a lot of numbers in midfield. If he starts I don't think Fosu will have as much freedom as he did in that ten role before he got injured. He'll need to track a midfielder a fair amount I suspect.

I would go 4-3-3 and look to set up similar to how we did against Blackburn. Sit deep and look to hit them with pace on the counter. I struggle to see Bowyer doing that though. It would also be massively helpful if Kashi were fully fit, enough so to start, but I doubt it after a couple months out.

Also, if Sarr was fit I'd start him. Pearce's inability to pass to a teammate is a huge liability, and against a team that presses and swarms, they could have a field day with him. And him just lumping it forward, which he does under no pressure, is as good as handing the ball back to thr opposition.

Ideal, assuming everyone fit.
    ............. Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Page
    ............... Kashi
    . ....... Reeves.... JFC
    Marshall Fosu Magennis

I'd start Fosu as a false nine similar to how he played in Bowyer's first game. I don't think Bowyer will be that brave. On the right ice chosen Marshall because his pace on the counter is so useful, and hell help with their left back, but I could see Ajose or Kaikai going there as well.

What I think the team will actually be.
    .............. Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    ............ JFC
    ....... Reeves Aribo
    ......... .... Fosu
    ......... Zyro Ajose

Phillips, Lennon, Kashi, Marshall, Kaikai, Mavididi, Zyro

Don't even think Bowyer will start Big Josh. I fear that we're seeing why our team has been so stale for so much of the season. It was just Robinson who had a hard time affecting things, it was his coaching staff as well. I'd love to be wrong, but it was obvious against Wimbledon that we've run out of ideas and have resorted to lumping it forward to no one in particular. I fear this could get ugly.

There are seven on my bench?
    Ah there are. Sorry mate. Probably one of three things:
    1) It was very early
    2) I was looking at it on my tablet and sometimes the formatting is wonky.

But really,
    3) I'm not good at maths. I'm good at other stuff. Counting has never been my strong suit.
  • Options
    What excuse will Bowyer make when we lose?
  • Options

Amos
    Dijksteel | Bauer | Pearce | Page
    Marshall| Forster-Caskey | Kashi | Fosu
    Magennis | Ajose

Good with a flat 442 but real width in Marshall and Fosu who can also depend.

1 - 0 to the Addicks (Magennis)

They'd absolutely overrun us in midfield and batter us if we went with a flat 4-4-2. We don't have enough presence in midfield when we have the three there at the base of a diamond. Admittedly Kashi helps that, but this is the same Shrewsbury team who pressed and swarmed us at The Valley and completely kept us from playing football.
  • Options
    He just couldn’t be fucking arsed with it with Duchatelet as owner and nor could the players so they all went on strike and did a sit in in the opponents box. 28-0 is an unusual scoreline but justified in the hope Duchatelet will now sell.
  • Options

He just couldn’t be fucking arsed with it with Duchatelet as owner and nor could the players so they all went on strike and did a sit in in the opponents box. 28-0 is an unusual scoreline but justified in the hope Duchatelet will now sell.

I've spoken to Roland and he's assured me he won't sell unless crowds drop below 500 or someone offers 50 billion pounds for the club.
  • Options
    Six changes Wow! Nice one, Lee still takes no prisoners then :naughty: .
  • Options
    Dijksteel or Konsa centre mid. Dijksteel for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

They're both equally crap at RB.
  • Options
    Reckon it'll be Konsa in CM.
  • Options
    Just re-arranging the deckchairs...........
  • Options
    No Aribo?
  • Options

Just re-arranging the deckchairs...........

Hottest day of the year tomorrow so good to start early
  • Options
    Magennis and mavididi up top
  • Options
    A surprise 1-0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Literally no idea what formation we are playing. My initial thought was 4-2-3-1 with Fosu playing no.10 but then it could be 4-4-2 with Josh and Stephy up front (would leave us weak in the middle IMO).

Could even be three centre backs, two wing backs and two holding with an attacking three like Chelsea have played under Conte:

----Pearce Konsa Bauer
    Marshall JFC Dijksteel Page
    -Mavididi Magennis Fosu
  • Options
    Is Aribo injured?
  • Options
    Fosu and Mav looked good to me playing close together which is probably why we have avoided it since!!!!!!