Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Solly to go under the knife

2»

Comments

• Options
    surely its not a career ender as the club are presumably paying for the operation?
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

If the club has organised the surgery Chris will go under the knife and come back up with a pair of big plastic boobies

I laughed because you said boobies, I really need to grow up.
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

If the club has organised the surgery Chris will go under the knife and come back up with a pair of big plastic boobies

But would they be baggy...
  • Options
    Anfernee is a DM/CM
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Maybe this injury has been holding him back and we see the old Solly next season

Yeah it's something I've thought about a lot. He's looked completely out of sorts since he came back from injury around January. He just looked a yard slower than he was even earlier in the season. The thing I worry about is exploratory surgery is not fixing something, it's just investigating.
  • Options
    Yes but it’s investigating whether corrective surgery is straightforward. Hopefully yes.
  • Options
    We all know the issue he has means he's unlikely to play 50 games a season until he's 35 and in all likelihood will retire much earlier. In recent years I think at times he's been overplayed which can't have helped the situation.

I sincerely this all goes well for him, he has some surgery and is back at it next season. As I think someone has already mentioned. Him and Jacko are Charlton through and through and have stuck with us when I'm sure either could have forced a move away from the madhouse, how many others would/have stuck around.

Fingers crossed we're still singing about his height next year.