Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In 52 years of supportin Charlton....

2»

Comments

• Options

I am a 50 year man this season as well. My first game was at home to Wolves in the 67/68 season

Think you mean 1966/1967 11th feb 1967 that makes you a 51 year man this season.
    Thanks for that Lewis, see even my memory is going...................what was the question........oh yes, its 3.30 :wink:
  • Options
    Two months longer than me.........Good times had ,bad times had and now ROLAND TIMES.
  • Options
    It's 51 years for me this year.

Agree with the despondency.

I'd say that the thing that puzzles me is the apparent lack of any reason for it all. We play well one game, then look as if we collectively can't be bothered the next match.

It's been a strong feature of the club for some time now. The later years under Curbishley (when there was a consensus among commentators that "you never know which Charlton will turn up"), the Dowie, Pardew and Parkinson years, Peters, Fraeye, Slade, Robinson and now this.

The exceptions for me were Curbishley, roughly 1997-2002, Powell 2011-2013, Riga (first spell) and Luzon when he took over from Peters. Those were the only moments (in recent years) when I've felt a positive vibe irrespective of the results: you knew people were pulling together.

Even if we scrambled into the play-offs now who would put money on us getting through them?

Assuming we don't Bowyer will go.....assuming a sale happens, to the OZ people, we think they'll slot in Harry Kewell. He might be great, but he's not exactly setting Crawley Town on fire is he?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I just knew the claiming a saviour in Bowyer was going to tits up. After 3 games hero , after 6 are you KR in disguise.

Worse thing is there does not appear to be an explanation as to why ?

He can only operate with the players at his disposal.
    They are a team of misfits put together by slade and Robinson.
    Bowyer is obviously trying his best but does not have the right players at his disposal.
    I have said before league one is all about tall physical strong athletic players.
    We have not got the right players for league one.
    I hope i dont make 52 years of supporting the club if i moan as much as you oldies
    You need to record yourself one day.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Yes, Wimbledon Tuesday night was grim.

We didn't even need to find another week to find another suggestion.

Sigh.
  • Options
    So sad to be reading these threads but read them I do.

I was given a book "Sam Bartram - The Story of a Goalkeeping Legend" by Mike Blake evoking so many memories from the past. And it's rough that it's mainly in the past where I get my Charlton enjoyment these days.

If Roland comes up with a plan to retain part ownership in the club or something crazy with property development in mind, you'll hear my screams from New Zealand.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I just knew the claiming a saviour in Bowyer was going to tits up. After 3 games hero , after 6 are you KR in disguise.

Worse thing is there does not appear to be an explanation as to why ?

He can only operate with the players at his disposal.
    They are a team of misfits put together by slade and Robinson.
    Bowyer is obviously trying his best but does not have the right players at his disposal.
    I have said before league one is all about tall physical strong athletic players.
    We have not got the right players for league one.
    I hope i dont make 52 years of supporting the club if i moan as much as you oldies
    Is it me, or do others find this sort of comment rather ironic, that you do a post to moan about people moaning?
  • Options
    I’m going to be post-ironic and moan about you moaning about people moaning about people moaning.
  • Options
    A great response to a moaning old git