Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe 14/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    we won the first three games because we played at a very quick pace and we moved around very well, passed and tackled very well and had a sense of purpose. Today was slow, laboured, no quick ball in to the box with players running in to attack it. It was all too easy to defend against which is why there really was no attacking threat. Fosu made the big difference when he came on and if we are to beat Shrewsbury and Portsmouth (which we wont) then he has to start. Ajose began to revert to type as the gunslinger who had just walked into town and the people who held their own today was jay dasiva which is ironic as it was his failure to man mark which led to the goal. In the the slimmest of chances that we make the playoffs we will not have deserved to be there. I simply cant understand why what makes this team successful is not implemented for the full 90 minutes. bowyer talked about it being a simple game so what simple things did not happen today? So frustrating
  • Options
    People saying the ref was shit need to re-look the game. Most of his decisions were fair and reasonable. How many times is the ref moaned about o here ? . isnt it time for us to relaise that the fouls are fair and that our inablity to control the ball and therefore our desire (thank fuck we have some somewhere) to get it back after causes the fouls - that was certainly the case today.
  • Options
    Aaaaarrrrggghhh please end now season, the little bit of hope of a few games makes this return to normality even more painful.
  • Options
    Such a frustrating performance, no urgency, slow passing, sloppy passing, Bauer only being able to pass to 2 players, likewise Pearce, few little things not going our way but we could still be there now and wouldn’t have scored

Fosu has to come in on Tuesday but do we go for raw powered and start the big lads together?
  • Options
    Utter Shite against a team of Bashers who
    Fall down like paper dolls.
    The Ref was a blind wanker, and we should have had two penalties.
    Amos was our best player.

3 points today we would have been 5th.

Now we are Out!!

• Options
    1968CAFC said:

Now we are Out!!

Totally agree re the ref....garbage don't know what game some of the others who have praised him were watching.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Now we are Out!!

Yes, Amos was our best player (which tells you quiet a lot) and I voted for him as my player of the season. Scunny are no different than 90% of the teams in this league. Not sure why the ref is getting pelters from so many people. I would say he got most of decisions right and tried to let the game flow. What two penalties? Think you're grabbing at straws mate. We got exactly what we got - f**k all! Simples.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Awful performance awful ref another season in this dog shit league

Chin up. If you are right we will still be able to enter the Checkatrade trophy next year
  • Options
    Maybe the worst performance of the season,at home at least. Dreadful. Only Amos came out with any credit.
  • Options

1968CAFC said:

Now we are Out!!

Totally agree re the ref....garbage don't know what game some of the others who have praised him were watching.
    Maybe re-watch the game, and you will see that most of his decisions were correct. As i keep on saying, it was our lack of control that caused most of the fouls.
  • Options

1968CAFC said:

Now we are Out!!

Maybe re-watch the game, and you will see that most of his decisions were correct. As i keep on saying, it was our lack of control that caused most of the fouls.
    Ditto to that..
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Now we are Out!!

See I don’t get it! The amount of criticism Hamer used to get when SCP was in charge was ridiculous compared to Amos. At least Hamer came off his line and could pass a ball!

Yes Amos pulled off some good saves but by god does he put our full backs in some awful situations. His distribution is absolutely pony. 99% of the time he goes short and the one time today he actually hurried up and went long was when we had nobody up top to hold it up!

Garbage!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We commited 20 fouls to there 11. Most of those were probably in the first half hour. Like I said in the match thread we were giving away needless fouls in dangerous areas, you can only say what you see and it was a combination of ( mostly ) poor control and a bit of bad luck that we kept on fouling.
  • Options
    Bowyer will regret calling it a few weeks ago that we would make the playoffs, complacency has killed us!
  • Options
    Another 90 minutes of toilet, continued on from the shit they delivered on Tuesday night.
    Amos was the only positive , and that was from a shot stopping point of view. His kicking continued to be awful.
    Thanks for the new manager bounce lee but the last 180 minutes have been no different to time under KR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear Lee, it was back to tip tapping across the back four. This was when we were poor.
    Your first three games were flowing football with ball going forward.
  • Options
    Personally think the ‘utter shite’ etc is OTT. But there’s no doubting it was very lacklustre and a continuation of the last two games where there has been a noticeable dip since the previous ones.

Not writing the play offs off yet because football is bonkers, but it’s hard to argue that this looks like being another nothing season drifting away. Part of me thinks as a club we are miles away from being Championship ready and it might not do us no harm to simply start again next season. Has to be under a new owner now though.

Was impressed with Scunthorpe, sad to say.
  • Options
    HandG said:

2nd 45 minutes, season on the line, and we showed nothing.

This is what concerns me the most about the last two games; regardless of the result the players just didn’t seem that fussed about it all and have played with so little urgency. Basically both Scunny and Wimbledon wanted it that little bit more which I think is difficult to fathom when we have so much at stake. Loads of possible theories for it but having five or six loan players in the squad definitely doesn’t help...
    Like many others, I am wondering what was said or occurred behind the scenes. Surely the opportunity and incentive were there to go out and finish the job, yet suddenly dropping the interest, and throwing in the towel?

Can't help feeling the ease with which players can be loaned out is destroying English League football.
    Unmerchantable products are merchandise or services of such poor quality that they cannot be sold. In good faith, football supporters invest in a season ticket. Then, during the seasons progress, five or six articles of unmerchantable quality are paraded out as footballers. These articles need not show any commitment or enthusiasm for their new paymasters, or any affinity or respect towards the season ticket holder / supporter. They are earning very good money until the end of their loan period. Then on to the next.........

Indeed, the c.v. of many a "professional" footballer indicates one can actually make a very good career from being a perennial loanee. Possibly one could refer to these types as "True Pros".

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.

• Options
    HandG said:

2nd 45 minutes, season on the line, and we showed nothing.

This is what concerns me the most about the last two games; regardless of the result the players just didn’t seem that fussed about it all and have played with so little urgency. Basically both Scunny and Wimbledon wanted it a lot more which I think is difficult to fathom when we have so much at stake. Loads of possible theories for it but having five or six loan players in the squad definitely doesn’t help...
    I agree with all that has already been said on here but the above sums it up for me.

Both Wimbledon & Scunny showed heart & passion, we showed neither. Players seemed to play like it was a meaningless end of season fixture & for the outfield loanees it probably was as I guarantee none of them will be here next season - so why would they bother ? 2nd game running I've seen us not trouble their goalkeeper - only the first half shot by Ajose was worthy of being called a shot (Zyro's lacked any pace & Reeves' was hitting the post at best).

I will say it again & again. Coaching badges are not worth a jot & until we get a 20 goal a season striker we will be stuck in the league. W seriously need to strengthen in the summer & if we don't get a new owner in pretty soon we could be looking at relegation next season.

Only player that came out with any credit was Ajose (ran tirelessly chasing long balls) & Amos. The rest were jank. We have no width so we don't stretch teams or deliver any decent crosses. Da Silva looks a great player but all you have to do is show him down the line as he wont cross the ball & can't take on the defender. Reeves isn't a wide player. I could go on but as I said, its all been mentioned before.

Just wish the season could end now so I can get on with watching the golf & cricket.
  • Options
    I can only think that after Rotherham those still playing & coaching who care & love the club got wind of something like..."Roland is now having second thought's about selling seeing that we are now on course for the Play-Offs".....
  • Options

What really summed it up for me was we are 1 down, last few minutes effectively playing 4 up front and Amos rolls it out so we can play it across the back.

Our players are as thick as shit.

That was patently evident from the Newcastle train video the insipid bottling pricks.
  • Options
    I am afraid that we are caught in the same trap as all the other clubs that odious man has owned, not one of his clubs have improved under his ownership and most are worse off thanks to another of his wacky failed experiment. Standard fans had the right idea to break into his office and confront the arse hole, he soon sold up. I now really hate him and as a sixty-year old I just want to out-live the fucker!
  • Options
    Another disjointed display. I think the players tried hard but could not make the system work. It didn't help that JFC was tightly marked because at least he will try to make a killer pass. All season our problem has been the lack of a centre forward to hold the ball up, so we can't hit the long ball and play in the opponents half. Instead we fanny around passing the ball across our penalty area. We will not score any goals from there. The only positive was Amos, who made some stupendous saves but even he distributed the ball poorly. To be fair Fosu got us off our seats but he usually over does it. The sheer joy of the Plymouth game has worn off now. It's back to League 1 reality.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

ct_addick said:

Owe Robinson an apology the players are shit

Well why would you apologise to Robinson when he brought a lot of them in?
    Taxi_Lad said:

Something has changed. The first few games under LB the players were all over the park hunting down the ball, doubling on the opposition. Now we’re sitting off chasing shadows. Everyone takes the easy pass backwards, the ball never seems to be comfortably under control, very little movement, lack of crosses and very little won in the air
    SHAMBOLIC

They aren't Charlton-like players. They put in a shift every now and again, but they clearly they don't understand that they have to do that for EVERY game. If they DO understand then they just can't be bothered.
    True he brought them in but he has been so maligned on here and I agree he needed to go but there is only so much you can do once they cross those white lines. I did not ifollow the game today but I did Tuesday and I saw players bottling challenges and not challenging headers. That is down to the players IMHO because Bowyer can't fire them up either !
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Come on Bowyer stop sucking krapkai’s knob he is absolute dog shit.