Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe 14/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Dire, dismal dreary disastrous, disinterested dogshite & any other words beginning with D that mean pathetic. I also thought their goal was offside but they deserved the 3pts. though. Could have been much worse if it wasn't Amos who made a couple of great saves.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Simple, the only team won.

Corrected it for you
  • Options
    Deserved win for Scunthorpe.

Pressed us high and when they won the ball back switched it wide quickly.

We were slow, couldn't pass it beyond the press and lacked movement.

Zyro and KaiKai poor but no one other than Amos comes out of that with much credit.

Back to pre-Bowyer style performance.

Still in the play-off race but where is the team I saw v Plymouth, Northampton and Rotherham?

Going to go to the wire with us needing a result at revived Rochdale.
  • Options
    No passion
    No idea
    No organisation
    No clue

No chance of the playoffs.
    Utter dog shit performance from the whole team apart from Amos
  • Options

We can keep saying Fuck off to Roland but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Saying it is enjoyable, on the other hand
  • Options
    Play-off not in our own hands anymore - the only hope I can cling to is maybe that will take some pressure off since the expectation has gone now.

Time for Fosu to earn himself the player of the year award in the last 4?

That's about as positive as I can be.
  • Options
    Season over, sell the club.
  • Options
    No excuses... That was poor.
  • Options
    Couldn't understand why Bauer let Toney have so much space for the goal. Anyone got a video? He knew the cross was coming, he knew Toney was behind him, but still gave him 2 yards space to connect to the cross.

Very un-enjoyable game overall. Hate the diving and time wasting tactics teams use these days. Zero entertainment to it. I know Charlton would have done exactly the same if in Scunthorpe's shoes, but it is a load of crap to watch. This whole "60 minute" game Allardyce supposedly invented is killing football.

Oh well, hopefully have a trip to Sunderland next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sat at the bar with a fan of each of the following: Aberdeen, Watford, Norwich and Brighton. Not the cheeriest place in Albufeira this afternoon as you might imagine... At least there were four happy Smoggies over the other side of the room...
  • Options
    Minute he started tinkering and made team changes .. say no more keep a winning team - simple
  • Options

How can a performance level change so much from Bowyers first games to the recent three?

I honestly believe that it was the long range effort from Page that buoyed us, and gave us that extra 10 per cent very early.
    From i Follow was the goal on or offside then?
    Which is another observation - we are a very passive side, we dont get in the oppositions face, or even in the refs ear. Its all accepted, and walk back.
    The ref ain't gonna change his mind.
    Its not about him changing his mind - its about having some desire and attitude- we just accept things, it just shows the mental attitude of the team.
  • Options
    We are back playing all that pass-back / centre circle / across the middle nonsense again.
    We will win nothing with those negative tactics.

1-0 down at home, fighting for a play-off place and I can't remember the Scunny keeper making a save in the second half.

It was the same against Wimbledon - no keeper saves in second half..
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Won’t lay too much of the blame at Bowyer as he’s inherited the squad from KR and he obviously showed a bit of nouse to get good wins against Plymouth and Rotherham. The last 2 performances have been more KResque though and reminiscent of the woeful Blackpool away game. To a man I thought we were shit today.

What I couldn’t get was this constant playing out the back? Neither Pearce nor Bauer look comfortable on the ball. To put so much faith in them playing it out is odd. We’re a league one team ffs. Only top top teams can do that. Not Pearce & Bauer

As others have said, the cancer and the disease that is our ownership is forever going to hold us back. That little green shoot that materialised after Bowyer’s first win has as other little green shot’s under RD’s reign, been stamped all over and we are in slow, but perpetual decline as long as he stays.

Take whatever money is on the table and leave

It's not the playing out the back that gets me, it's just the obviousness of where the ball is going.

Pearce to Silva, back to Pearce, and then to Bauer, maybe to Amos, but then to Pearce, to de Silva, to Forster Caskey and then to the opposition. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options

We are back playing all that pass-back / centre circle / across the middle nonsense again.
    We will win nothing with those negative tactics.

1-0 down at home, fighting for a play-off place and I can't remember the Scunny keeper making a save in the second half.

It was the same against Wimbledon - no keeper saves in second half..

There was one - Reeves shot on about 92 mins. Apart from that nothing - didnt even get in their box.
  • Options
    Maybe Roland spoke to Bowyer to confirm his contract to end of season. That stuffed it.

#wewantrolandout
  • Options

cabbles said:

Won’t lay too much of the blame at Bowyer as he’s inherited the squad from KR and he obviously showed a bit of nouse to get good wins against Plymouth and Rotherham. The last 2 performances have been more KResque though and reminiscent of the woeful Blackpool away game. To a man I thought we were shit today.

What I couldn’t get was this constant playing out the back? Neither Pearce nor Bauer look comfortable on the ball. To put so much faith in them playing it out is odd. We’re a league one team ffs. Only top top teams can do that. Not Pearce & Bauer

As others have said, the cancer and the disease that is our ownership is forever going to hold us back. That little green shoot that materialised after Bowyer’s first win has as other little green shot’s under RD’s reign, been stamped all over and we are in slow, but perpetual decline as long as he stays.

Take whatever money is on the table and leave

It's not the playing out the back that gets me, it's just the obviousness of where the ball is going.

Pearce to Silva, back to Pearce, and then to Bauer, maybe to Amos, but then to Pearce, to de Silva, to Forster Caskey and then to the opposition. Rinse and repeat.
    Millwall would have had it in the net by the time we had made the second pass to DaSIlva.
  • Options
    Genuinely can't understand how we can be so bad and ineffectual. Two key games against Wimbledon and Scunthorpe and we've been utterly shit.

Players looked disorganised and made mistake after mistake. Scunthorpe closed us down and we barely created anything. The players are now playing as badly under Bowyer as they did under KR - is it down to the manager or have we just got a really shit group of players. I'm starting to question if any of these players are any good?

Scunthorpe were pretty basic but they were organised and we looked like a very basic non-league side. I'm still stunned at how bad we were!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a nightmare. Those saying it was purely down to Robbo (especially @Henry Irving ;-)) maybe owe him an apology. Our problems run deeper, and can’t be pinned on anyone other than the strange Belgian fella.
  • Options
    I suppose being warm and miserable is a marginal improvement on being cold and miserable.

See you all in League One next season folks.
  • Options
    What really summed it up for me was we are 1 down, last few minutes effectively playing 4 up front and Amos rolls it out so we can play it across the back.

Our players are as thick as shit.
  • Options
    Went on the walk, enjoyed that. Had a beer with SE7toSG3 and CharltonNick. Enjoyed that.
    Then normal service was resumed. I was hoping that the last couple of games were a blip, but no, it was the 3 wins that were the blip.
  • Options
    Think it all boils down to Fosu. He needs to be fit and In the side. He got injured just when we needed him, and had he stayed fit, I believe the good performances would have continued.
  • Options
    Can only play when it doesn't really matter. Soon as a game counts for something and you need some balls they fail to turn up. Spineless.
  • Options
    Inspiring. Skilful. Passionate. A credit to the supporters. That was the Upbeats.

Charlton were utter utter shit. Unbelievably shit. Something must have happened behind the scenes as I cannot believe the difference in a fortnight. Inexplicably bad.
  • Options
    Awful performance awful ref another season in this dog shit league