Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Scunthorpe 14/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Shit. Needed a result there and we've not turned up. Real shame after the first three games under Bowyer but we've got to rely on winning all our remaining games and other teams doing us a favour now if we're going to make the playoffs
  • Why apologise, Gobby bought most of them!
  • I think Duchatelet gave more than one message when he gave Bowyer the job until the end of the season. How else can you explain such a change in form from from those first three wins? Something has turned off the players big time since.

I was thinking similar. Something has definately changed. Many of them were strolling around not bothered.
  • edited April 2018
    Spankie said:

First three games 9 points, 9 goals. Last three games 1 point, 1 goal. How do you begin to explain that?

Regression to the mean. Bowyer is not a 3 points a game manager (no one is), and he probably is not a point in 3 games manager either.

10 in 18 is probably a little above the return I would expect from him to get to be honest.
  • Bottlejobs all over the pitch today. Can anyone who actually rates KaiKai please tell me why?! Amos did well, as did fosu when he came on. The rest can get to fuck.
  • edited April 2018

Joyless, miserable, diseased club.

Just one person and one person alone is responsible. Sure, most of the coaches / managers, squirrel face, Murray and the rest all played their part but Duchatalet's ownership has been toxic from the very start and he and he alone should be held to account.

If new owners arrive tomorrow it will take years to get back to anywhere like we were when that deluded c**t bought us.

Fuck off and fuck off now.
    Agree 100% mate
  • Sponsored links:

• We can keep saying Fuck off to Roland but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
  • How can a performance level change so much from Bowyers first games to the recent three?

I honestly believe that it was the long range effort from Page that buoyed us, and gave us that extra 10 per cent very early.
    From i Follow was the goal on or offside then?
    Couldnt tell - looked very offside , but couldnt see who was in middle
  • How can a performance level change so much from Bowyers first games to the recent three?

I honestly believe that it was the long range effort from Page that buoyed us, and gave us that extra 10 per cent very early.
    Which is another observation - we are a very passive side, we dont get in the oppositions face, or even in the refs ear. Its all accepted, and walk back.
  • Rubbish too much slow ponderous passing, thought we should have brought Kashi if he was fit enough.

Looks like you've hit the nail on the head.
  • Topped up my tan for 90 minutes today, which was nice.

Other than that, it was utter toilet.

2nd 45 minutes, season on the line, and we showed nothing.

We don't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs on that showing.

tbh, lets hope we're not - it would just be a total fucking disappointment.
  • What's gone wrong after Bowyer's great start?
  • Can’t think of anything positive, utter dogshit from start to finish.

The only positive is that we only have to endure one more home game until August. Not good enough. Weak players. Bottled it Tuesday and today.
  • LouisMend said:
    Not going to win any of our last four games if we can't get the ball into the opposition's half, never mind get a shot on target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn’t there today due to work. But I’ve been saying for weeks that the points dropped late v oxford, Blackpool twice, mk, Doncaster will cost us.
  • Been away since before Easter come back to that pile of shit, we have nothing positive left at our club.

I'm done until the wankers gone.
  • edited April 2018
    ct_addick said:

Owe Robinson an apology the players are shit

Well why would you apologise to Robinson when he brought a lot of them in?
    Taxi_Lad said:

Something has changed. The first few games under LB the players were all over the park hunting down the ball, doubling on the opposition. Now we’re sitting off chasing shadows. Everyone takes the easy pass backwards, the ball never seems to be comfortably under control, very little movement, lack of crosses and very little won in the air
    SHAMBOLIC

They aren't Charlton-like players. They put in a shift every now and again, but they clearly they don't understand that they have to do that for EVERY game. If they DO understand then they just can't be bothered.
  • Stig said:

What's gone wrong after Bowyer's great start?

Nothing. If I had to take a wild and uneducated guess I’d say we were going to be ok up until the point when somebody shouted out across a noisy dressing room ‘what’s the plan for today boss ?’ and he turned around and replied ‘eh ?’
  • Simple, best team won.

Which is another observation - we are a very passive side, we dont get in the oppositions face, or even in the refs ear. Its all accepted, and walk back.
    The ref ain't gonna change his mind.
  • Far too narrow in midfield. The guys around me called it after 5 mins and Bowyer took far too long to react.

Felt sorry for JFC in midfield, a tidy player and he tried to get us playing but Aribo was all over the place and Reeves looked very uncomfortable in the role he’d been given.

Ajose his usual ineffective self.