Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Cash on brink of bankruptcy

Comments

• Yet he is claiming TJ owns his house?!?
  • I wonder if Cash's kids look back fondly on the time they were Charlton match day mascots, even if their names couldn't be read out or be in the programme.
  • Cashless.
  • edited June 2018

completely puts to bed the arguement that we would've made the prem if cash would have stayed involved and TJ not pissed him off. We were owned by crooks.

Maybe, maybe not. Wasn't Cash, at the time (still is?) responsible for investing his family's trust fund? I suspect it would have been his Daddy's dosh that was scheduled to be ploughed into CAFC.

I wonder if he personally ever had anything that was not borrowed/mortgaged. The phrase fur coat and no knickers springs to mind.

By way of illustration a bloke called Andrew Davis once featured at number 244 in The Sunday Times Rich List.
    It's either amusing or worrying (or both) that his hotel chain sponsored the list that year!
    Not too long afterwards, the hotel chain went belly up. Did he ever have anything really? https://theguardian.com/business/2012/apr/27/not-so-rich-any-more-list
  • Kevin should have cashed out earlier.
  • Think that’s the first picture of him I’ve ever seen.
  • edited December 2018
    Kevin Cash and bankruptcy? Now we know why we pulled out of the clu. He himself as a businessman must have been in trouble back then. Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing because had he stayed then there could have been grater risk of the club being in a worse off I reckon. From then on Slater and Jiminez didn't have the funds. Though I felt they had the best interests of the club at heart. They had to sell up. They sold to someone who (let's fae it) does have the funds but not the best interests (at all) of the club at heart. From then on in, all the hard work that Chris Powell and that whole team of coaches, staff and players had put in to get us back to the Championship went to complete waste and the whole thing in many departments for the next few years just totally snowballed out of control I'm afraid.
  • Don't be ridiculous they were all eaten by the dragons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Their interests and ours were aligned but for different reasons
  • Their interests and ours were aligned but for different reasons

Oh yeh, very true - but at least we benefited on the footballing side, as short-term as it was.
  • Property tycoon Kevin Cash could have been forgiven for believing that the New Year couldn’t be worse than 2018, during which he was declared bankrupt, owing creditors £40 million.

If so, he’s been swiftly disabused. For I can disclose that Birmingham-born Cash, 55, who until recently appeared in various Rich Lists with an estimated £500 million fortune, has seen his trophy London property sold off by receivers.
    Cash, whose fourth and current wife Carla was once voted ‘sexiest woman in South Africa’ by lads’ magazine FHM, had alleged that he held the property in trust on behalf of his friend and business partner, Tony Jimenez, a Dubai-based property developer. But records showed that the pad was registered in his name.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6655103/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Bankrupt-tycoon-55-forced-flog-six-bedroom-home-2m-loss.html
  • Carla la Reservee is a weapon.
    clive said:

Property tycoon Kevin Cash could have been forgiven for believing that the New Year couldn’t be worse than 2018, during which he was declared bankrupt, owing creditors £40 million.

If so, he’s been swiftly disabused. For I can disclose that Birmingham-born Cash, 55, who until recently appeared in various Rich Lists with an estimated £500 million fortune, has seen his trophy London property sold off by receivers.
    Cash, whose fourth and current wife Carla was once voted ‘sexiest woman in South Africa’ by lads’ magazine FHM, had alleged that he held the property in trust on behalf of his friend and business partner, Tony Jimenez, a Dubai-based property developer. But records showed that the pad was registered in his name.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6655103/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Bankrupt-tycoon-55-forced-flog-six-bedroom-home-2m-loss.html

He's obviously not that bright is he? It's bad enough losing all that money but he's clearly not heard of the phase "once bitten, four times shy"!!!!
  • 'Pad'?

Does anyone outside of the tabloids actually say that?
  • Going bankrupt doesn’t mean you’re actually bankrupt unfortunately.
  • JamesSeed said:

Going bankrupt doesn’t mean you’re actually bankrupt unfortunately.

Not normally Jimmy, but if you believe some of the stories doing the rounds Going bankrupt is the least of Kevin cash's worries.
  • What is it with Jimenez and filthy rich businessmen trusting him with their money?

I wouldn't lend the bloke a fiver, let alone the millions they seem to throw his way.
  • JamesSeed said:

Not normally Jimmy, but if you believe some of the stories doing the rounds Going bankrupt is the least of Kevin cash's worries.
    What does that mean?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

What is it with Jimenez and filthy rich businessmen trusting him with their money?

I wouldn't lend the bloke a fiver, let alone the millions they seem to throw his way.

You wouldn't lend anyone a fiver, you tight bastard
  • JaShea99 said:

JamesSeed said:

What does that mean?
    Russians
  • edited February 2019
    JaShea99 said:

JamesSeed said:

What does that mean?
    The Daily mail printed a story last year that Scott Young who was Kevin Cash's best friend and some time business partner died after falling from his west end flat.
    Scott Young had done business deals in Russia and was one of 14 suspicious deaths in England connected with Russia in last few years.

The mail stated Cash was worth 500 million just a few years ago and is now potless.
    Cash's financial demise since His friend's death may be a Coincidence but.......
  • JaShea99 said:

JamesSeed said:

What does that mean?
    The Daily mail printed a story last year that Scott Young who was Kevin Cash's best friend and some time business partner died after falling from his west end flat.
    Scott Young had done business deals in Russia and was one of 14 suspicious deaths in England connected with Russia in last few years.

The mail stated Cash was worth 500 million just a few years ago and is now potless.
    Cash's financial demise since His friend's death may be a Coincidence but.......
    Ah, nasty.

But rich people have a habit of squirrelling money away when declared bankrupt.

Remember interviewing (filming an interview with) Jeffrey Archer in his ‘riverside penthouse apartment overlooking the Thames with views of Parliament’ about his bankruptcy. He mentioned he might lose it.

But did he?

Nah.
  • JaShea99 said:

JamesSeed said:

What does that mean?

There was also a TV programme about Scott Young's ex wife pursuing £400 million which was half of Young's estimated wealth - he denied that he had any money and eventually declared himself bankrupt. A couple of years later he ended up impaled on railings. The inference was that he was involved in money laundering for the Russian mafia but this was, of course, never proven.

• Jimenez, Young and Cash strike me as very much smoke and mirror guys.
  • Jimenez, Young and Cash strike me as very much smoke and mirror guys.

Isn't it Jimenez, Cash & Young?

Their Déjà Vu album is still one of my favourites.
  • No sympathy with these types of people at all,the ones I feel sorry for are the small businesses who he owes money to and wont get paid,possibly putting people out of business,I hope he gets banged up for fraud.
  • He was once hailed as one of Britain’s most successful property tycoons with a fortune of £500 million.

But that proved to be a gilded fiction when Kevin Cash was declared bankrupt last July, owing no less than £40 million.

Now I can reveal that Birmingham-born Cash, 55, has been parted from North Aston Hall, the sumptuous Oxfordshire mansion where, in his heyday, he and his fourth wife, Carla, pictured — once voted ‘sexiest woman in South Africa’ by lads’ mag FHM — spent £50,000-a-month on groceries and ‘housekeeping’.

The Grade II-listed house became the most expensive country property when it was put on the market for £28 million last year. It is reached by a mile-long drive and set in 194 acres including a swimming pool and tennis court.

‘It’s gone,’ I’m told. ‘Sold not much more than a week ago.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7279121/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Bankrupt-Kevin-Cash-sells-jewel-property-crown-26million.html