Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Grand' National meeting 2018 claims the life of a horse

2»

Comments

• Options
    The idea that someone somewhere is having fun, really gets up some people’s noses. The annual grand national outrage slots into that bracket it seems.
  • Options

I disagree with what @Anna_Kissed says but I'll fight for their right to say it.

The thread topic is clear before you open it.

If you disagree by all means say so too but saying they shouldn't start such threads is, imho, wrong.

Glad you edited that @Henry Irving , I was about to get on my high horse
    What made you think I might have started the thread? :wink:
    Apologies.

• Options

I disagree with what @Anna_Kissed says but I'll fight for their right to say it.

If you disagree by all means say so too but saying they shouldn't start such threads is, imho, wrong.

Apologies.

@Henry Irving absolutely no need to apologise.

Thank you for standing up for my good friend @Anna_Kissed, particularly as it's not an issue you agree with. You don't often get that.
  • Options

Apologies.

Thank you for standing up for my good friend @Anna_Kissed, particularly as it's not an issue you agree with. You don't often get that.
    Me and Voltaire are best mates : - )
  • Options

Apologies.

Knowing Henners he probably suggested his non de plume... :-)
  • Options

Another year...and the same old story.

RIP Lilbitluso - killed today in The Foxhunters Chase on the first day of the Grand National meeting at Aintree - the fiftieth horse since the year 2000 to die at this annual 'sporting' occasion.

More info here: https://animalaid.org.uk/lilbitluso-killed/ and here: theracingforum.co.uk/forums/topic/lilbitluso/

I invite concerned readers to sign / share a petition requesting that the government establishes an independent regulatory body, with horse welfare as its only interest.

Petition to parliament: https://t.co/jIGDkG1G5B

Thank you.

I thought we already discussed this in a different thread, and came to the conclusion that this petition is pretty dodgy?
  • Options

I didn't say that the OP shouldn't start a thread, but merely the fact they start a new thread everytime they want to make their point. Why not just resurrect, sorry "bump" the old one.
    Because they're inevitably sunk.

I'm much the same as bobmunro - I very much disagree with AK's goals (if not concerns) but he has every right to bring this up.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

I didn't say that the OP shouldn't start a thread, but merely the fact they start a new thread everytime they want to make their point. Why not just resurrect, sorry "bump" the old one.
    Because they're inevitably sunk.

I'm much the same as bobmunro - I very much disagree with AK's goals (if not concerns) but he has every right to bring this up.
    But as soon as you add a post it's un-sunk isn't it?
  • Options
    I'd be happy to agree with @Henry Irving In that, as long as the title of the thread isn't misleading, then people should feel free to post what they want, so long as it's likely to be of interest to Lifers.

And, if people don't like the subject, they really ought not either open it or comment to that effect.

Apologies to @bobmunro who I'm sure won't be pleased that I'm not "sticking to the Brexit thread".

I haven't signed the petition, but I'd encourage those who want to, to do so.
  • Options

End of the day they animals, humans eat animals, humans wear the crown, these beasts suffer in no way & are looked after splendidly by their owners and trainers, it's all about life Pecking order & mankind is the king of all beasts.

Imagine this said about white people lording it over black people in the time of slavery. The bar of acceptance into the moral community is movable and does move, rather than something to be stated as a fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Apologies.

Knowing Henners he probably suggested his non de plume... :-)
    Non De plume - hark at the intellectual. : - )
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Guarantee that a racehorse has a better quality of life than the OP

Certainly getting more oats than me...

P.S I would like it to be known that I am not a fan of horse racing.
  • Options

End of the day they animals, humans eat animals, humans wear the crown, these beasts suffer in no way & are looked after splendidly by their owners and trainers, it's all about life Pecking order & mankind is the king of all beasts.

Imagine this said about white people lording it over black people in the time of slavery. The bar of acceptance into the moral community is movable and does move, rather than something to be stated as a fact.
    Exactly, a few years from now who knows horses could identify as human.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I'd be happy to agree with @Henry Irving In that, as long as the title of the thread isn't misleading, then people should feel free to post what they want, so long as it's likely to be of interest to Lifers.

And, if people don't like the subject, they really ought not either open it or comment to that effect.

Apologies to @bobmunro who I'm sure won't be pleased that I'm not "sticking to the Brexit thread".

But only if they understand it's agenda.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

'Its' agenda. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

'Its' agenda. Sorry about that.
    Great save
  • Options
    £65 up!

Get in.
  • Options
    If anyone gets on their high horse in this thread can they make sure the horse is happy to be in the thread.

Thanks