Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/9 Season Ticket Prices

Comments

• I think those that have boycotted should offer to subsidise current season ticket holders as they have saved a fortune. :smiley:
  • Redrobo said:

I think those that have boycotted should offer to subsidise current season ticket holders as they have saved a fortune. :smiley:

And eaststandmike got £800000 for his house
  • edited April 2018
    The one single thing in the club's announcement that made me so angry yesterday was the reference to counter terrorism.

Coming so soon after the anniversary of the terrorist murder of one of our own, PC Keith Palmer, that struck me as cynical in the extreme.

I would love someone from the club to explain that reference.
  • edited April 2018

An increase in minimum wage has hurt the leisure industry across the board. Not saying it is wrong (that is another argument altogether!) but it is a fact and will have added to fixed costs for us. In the scheme of our losses each year I would say it is buttons/peanuts however.

Inflation is running at, what, 3-4% I think? Again, this will have an impact on all things.

I have no idea about security/counter terrorism and the related costs.

On the face of it, and without studying it, the prices look good and at a little over £8 per game for the cheapest tickets, very affordable and reasonable even for a League One club.

Criticising this does not seem overly justified and feels a little like people simply having a jab at every single thing and announcement the club does, irrespective of its merits, which I think we need to get away from.

Notwithstanding the above, I still want RD to sell, he is still very bad for the future of our club and there is no way I would buy a season ticket whilst he remains our owner despite the fact I have no issues with pricing and message out today.

The problem is not with the prices but with the product. They don’t really have anything to sell and cannot even tell you what things will look like in four months’ time, so pushing up revenue by 10 per cent, which is what they will be trying to do with these increases - is impossible to justify.

I have some sympathy with the changes to the structure but what is it they are selling? They can’t say.
    They have League One (worst case) football to sell; if we get super lucky Championship.

Of course, we could have no quality in the team next season if RD is still in charge and decides to pull the plug on spending but then so COULD most teams in League One and Two where half of most squads will be out of contract and there is always uncertainty and a certain amount of transience.

Put the prices into some perspective for local South London clubs...

The product at Bromley is non league football - £15 per game (walk up). The product at Beckenham Town is Kent League football - £7 per game (walk up).

I could go to Charlton under these announced prices for a quid more than Beckenham per game at £8 and less than the walk up at Bromley. That is good value for league football.

Again, this message is not a bad one. RD still need to f*ck off though.
    It would make no difference to me if admission was free at non-league games as I have no interest in watching them. Ditto Millwall. The club can only charge what people will pay, whatever happens elsewhere, but that is affected by more than what division the team is in.

In fact the product at The Valley has been so bad for the last four years it has been a poor use of time watching it, never mind money. The fact people still do is driven by complex factors including hope it will get better - but at this poInt people would be bonkers to think that it will with Duchatelet in charge.
  • If things are getting no better better why are we not seeing mass demostrations.
  • clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

I think those that have boycotted should offer to subsidise current season ticket holders as they have saved a fortune. :smiley:

I had to buy another one with it :smiley:
  • clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

I had to buy another one with it :smiley:
    Probably one in plymouth for 100k that you done up and sold for 300k
  • edited April 2018
    I received my letter and Season Ticket application form from those good fellows at the Club.
    This i found interesting.

The Club has also reduced the number of zones within The Valley from five to four. This means blocks ESG,ESH,WSA,WSJ,WSK,and WSQ which were zone 3 this season, will become part of zone four from next Season.

As a current season ticket holder in one of the above mentioned blocks, the change in zones will affect you. This means that your Season ticket is set to incur two price rises for 2018/19. However the Club would like to offer your seat at last seasons zone 3 price.

It is all academic, because if Roland doesn't do one, i won't be going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Trust me, I've spent MORE by going on days out with the wife and kids than I saved by not buying a season ticket and driving to Charlton and back every other Saturday :neutral:
  • Still no change to one of the most mean-minded, petty decisions this bunch of jokers has taken - the decision to raise the senior age for buying tickets from 60 to 65.

The financial benefits from doing this must be minimal whereas the loss of goodwill is huge.

I detest Duchalet as much as anyone but I'm pretty sure it was the previous regime that raised the qualifying age. I am now 66 & remember enquiring about the price of my season ticket as I turned 60 in the September just after it was changed & they let me have my ticket at the concessionary price.
    No, it was Meire. That would imply it was 2011 and while we might have agreed you could pay as a 60 year old with a September birthday the change to 65 wasn’t made while I was working there.
    OMG !

That's SUCH a surprise !

At least she learned by her mistakes though.....
  • Sheffield Wednesday Season ticket news.
    The Owls would like to issue a big thank you to all supporters who have purchased Season Tickets for the 2018/19 campaign.

The Early Bird period of sale ended on Wednesday 4 April following the extension to the original deadline after fans’ feedback.

Season Tickets for next term have now been withdrawn and will be back on sale at a later date, which will be communicated in due course.
  • dickplumb said:

I received my letter and Season Ticket application form from those good fellows at the Club.

The Club has also reduced the number of zones within The Valley from five to four. This means blocks ESG,ESH,WSA,WSJ,WSK,and WSQ which were zone 3 this season, will become part of zone four from next Season.

As a current season ticket holder in one of the above mentioned blocks, the change in zones will affect you. This means that your Season ticket is set to incur two price rises for 2018/19. However the Club would like to offer your seat at last seasons zone 3 price.

I thought Zone 4 prices were cheaper so by that logic your season ticket price would go down? It's all one giant cock up from start to finish.
  • clb74 said:

If things are getting no better better why are we not seeing mass demostrations.

Probably because there are hardly any fans left. If you're suggesting things have got better I'd be interested to know how you think they have.
  • bellz2002 said:

dickplumb said:

I thought Zone 4 prices were cheaper so by that logic your season ticket price would go down? It's all one giant cock up from start to finish.
    Why did they state my Season ticket would be going up in price twice, if it was cheaper?

• bellz2002 said:

dickplumb said:

As zone 4 is the North lower & family stand,i do not understand how the zone changes affect the prices in the East/West stand.
  • Redrobo said:

I spent mine on a executive class trip to belgium to see "Uncle Roly" ungrateful git wasn't pleased to us. I blame that lot travelling "Cattle class" ;)
  • dickplumb said:

bellz2002 said:

dickplumb said:

Why did they state my Season ticket would be going up in price twice, if it was cheaper?

That's what the mad thing is. Zone 3 is more expensive than Zone 4 therefore if your area was changing to a Zone 4 area then it should be cheaper.

The fact that it will be more expensive shows that they have no clue. And how confusing it all is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have just received my season ticket application form. As a season ticket holder in block ESG I was interested in the paragraphs relating to that block. They state that this block is in Zone 3 this season. No it is in Zone 4. They say it is in Zone 4 from next season. No it is in Zone3. As a season ticket holder they are offering me the ticket at last seasons Zone 3 price (£240). But the ticket was in Zone 4 (£230). Confused from New Eltham
  • kentwo said:

Have just received my season ticket application form. As a season ticket holder in block ESG I was interested in the paragraphs relating to that block. They state that this block is in Zone 3 this season. No it is in Zone 4. They say it is in Zone 4 from next season. No it is in Zone3. As a season ticket holder they are offering me the ticket at last seasons Zone 3 price (£240). But the ticket was in Zone 4 (£230). Confused from New Eltham

I rang the ticket office earlier today & the person i spoke to had not seen the letter & was just as confused as you & me.
  • edited April 2018
    kentwo said:

Have just received my season ticket application form. As a season ticket holder in block ESG I was interested in the paragraphs relating to that block. They state that this block is in Zone 3 this season. No it is in Zone 4. They say it is in Zone 4 from next season. No it is in Zone3. As a season ticket holder they are offering me the ticket at last seasons Zone 3 price (£240). But the ticket was in Zone 4 (£230). Confused from New Eltham

East block G was £300 last season (adult). They have merged that price zone with the upper north, which was £325, and the offer to renew at last year’s prices is because they are wary of a backlash against a £40 increase.

I think if I’d paid £175, £325 or £375 (adult prices) last year, I’d be asking why my ticket is going up but those who paid £500 and £300 can get the same deal.

The root of the problem is that the structure introduced in previous years was nonsense. They are trying to retrieve that situation without aggravating people. But the range is still too great in the east and west stands.
  • Until fuckwit has sold the club bollox to season ticket 's
  • Davo55 said:

The one single thing in the club's announcement that made me so angry yesterday was the reference to counter terrorism.

Coming so soon after the anniversary of the terrorist murder of one of our own, PC Keith Palmer, that struck me as cynical in the extreme.

I would love someone from the club to explain that reference.

There is a grain of truth in that the club, like many other organisations, has been required to look at possible attacks and make clear what steps they take and where necessary, improve security.

The bag searches and tags are an outcome of this.

However, to try and justify price increases by so explicitly linking them to counter-terrorism is both crass and poor marketing.

It applies to all public venues as does the minimum wage. It's not unique to Charlton but I haven't seen other clubs using it either as an excuse.

But what else can they offer?

"we're crap but we're cheap" and "Roland might leave soon" would be honest but maybe not that acceptable.

There can be no visionary or imaginative pricing when the only vision is to sell and the owner and his few remaining decision makers at senior level lack any imagination.
  • clive said:

kentwo said:

I rang the ticket office earlier today & the person i spoke to had not seen the letter & was just as confused as you & me.
    TBH, Clive, they're far too busy selling POTY tickets.....

:wink:
  • Just got my renewal pack. I see that there is still a surcharge of £5 for paying by credit card. Is this not now illegal? Not that I am thinking of renewing until Roland goes.
  • LeeValley said:

Just got my renewal pack. I see that there is still a surcharge of £5 for paying by credit card. Is this not now illegal? Not that I am thinking of renewing until Roland goes.

I think you're right. Maybe check with our CFO.......Oh wait.
  • LeeValley said:

Just got my renewal pack. I see that there is still a surcharge of £5 for paying by credit card. Is this not now illegal? Not that I am thinking of renewing until Roland goes.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2018/01/cards-fees-to-be-banned-from-saturday
  • If sales are very low before takeover, I wonder if the club will announce them