Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/9 Season Ticket Prices

Comments

• An increase in minimum wage has hurt the leisure industry across the board. Not saying it is wrong (that is another argument altogether!) but it is a fact and will have added to fixed costs for us. In the scheme of our losses each year I would say it is buttons/peanuts however.

Inflation is running at, what, 3-4% I think? Again, this will have an impact on all things.

I have no idea about security/counter terrorism and the related costs.

On the face of it, and without studying it, the prices look good and at a little over £8 per game for the cheapest tickets, very affordable and reasonable even for a League One club.

Criticising this does not seem overly justified and feels a little like people simply having a jab at every single thing and announcement the club does, irrespective of its merits, which I think we need to get away from.

Notwithstanding the above, I still want RD to sell, he is still very bad for the future of our club and there is no way I would buy a season ticket whilst he remains our owner despite the fact I have no issues with pricing and message out today.
  • Still no change to one of the most mean-minded, petty decisions this bunch of jokers has taken - the decision to raise the senior age for buying tickets from 60 to 65.

The financial benefits from doing this must be minimal whereas the loss of goodwill is huge.

This happened just as I turned 60.
    Wankers
  • I've just re-read the announcement and find it odd that the Ticket Office staff will be working on May Day Bank Holiday Monday with the deadline being 5pm that day......

I wonder if anyone's told them yet ......

Like it.
  • An increase in minimum wage has hurt the leisure industry across the board. Not saying it is wrong (that is another argument altogether!) but it is a fact and will have added to fixed costs for us. In the scheme of our losses each year I would say it is buttons/peanuts however.

Inflation is running at, what, 3-4% I think? Again, this will have an impact on all things.

On the face of it, and without studying it, the prices look good and at a little over £8 per game for the cheapest tickets, very affordable and reasonable even for a League One club.

Criticising this does not seem overly justified and feels a little like people simply having a jab at every single thing and announcement the club does, irrespective of its merits, which I think we need to get away from.

Notwithstanding the above, I still want RD to sell, he is still very bad for the future of our club and there is no way I would buy a season ticket whilst he remains our owner despite the fact I have no issues with pricing and message out today.

The problem is not with the prices but with the product. They don’t really have anything to sell and cannot even tell you what things will look like in four months’ time, so pushing up revenue by 10 per cent, which is what they will be trying to do with these increases - is impossible to justify.

I have some sympathy with the changes to the structure but what is it they are selling? They can’t say.
  • Still no change to one of the most mean-minded, petty decisions this bunch of jokers has taken - the decision to raise the senior age for buying tickets from 60 to 65.

The financial benefits from doing this must be minimal whereas the loss of goodwill is huge.

Wankers
    But that was over 10 years ago

• God help Seb when he tries to take his flag in, no doubt Lancashire police and the Met have been in covert contact today following his brush with counter-terrorism at Burnley. Ludicrous.

Wankers

Shut up.
    See you Saturday mate x
  • Looking forward to it.x
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Comment deleted - was noting the deadline was bank hol but now I note that's been noted.

As you were....
  • The more I think of it, the more angry I feel about the counter terrorism nonsense. There’s certain things you just don’t make mileage out of and something as serious as that isn’t one of them.

As someone who takes a bag every game now I go with my kids, I see first hand just how lacklustre the stewarding is in that respect.

You saying it makes me think thier taking the piss has any other club put thier prices up stating counter terrorism.

Wankers
    Me too.

Explains why I think it was a mean-minded and petty decision :-)

Wankers

Shut up.
    See you Saturday mate x
    Will pop in for a pint seeing as you wont be going next season
  • clive said:

Millwall's policy for senior tickets.

The rise in age range for seniors, which will now be 61+, is the start of a staged increase over the coming seasons designed to bring the club in line with the national retirement age.

More sensible than our approach.

But ......

How many people do you know who are still in full time work at 60 these days. Most companies can't wait to get rid of older workers and replace them with cheaper, more pliable youngsters.

It's hard not to think that Squirrell Face took this mean-minded petty decision to raise the age limit because she didn't like all the older supporters we have.

I hit the big 60 myself last October and whilst I do not work full time myself I know loads of over 60's in full time employment.
    We must move in very different circles!

I know no-one amongst my peers who is over 60 who works full time. A few work part-time but no-one full time.
  • clb74 said:

Still no change to one of the most mean-minded, petty decisions this bunch of jokers has taken - the decision to raise the senior age for buying tickets from 60 to 65.

Wankers

Shut up.
    See you Saturday mate x
    Will pop in for a pint seeing as you wont be going next season
    I fuckin won't be if Douchbag is still in charge.
    See you Saturday mate

The problem is not with the prices but with the product. They don’t really have anything to sell and cannot even tell you what things will look like in four months’ time, so pushing up revenue by 10 per cent, which is what they will be trying to do with these increases - is impossible to justify.

I have some sympathy with the changes to the structure but what is it they are selling? They can’t say.
    They have League One (worst case) football to sell; if we get super lucky Championship.

Of course, we could have no quality in the team next season if RD is still in charge and decides to pull the plug on spending but then so COULD most teams in League One and Two where half of most squads will be out of contract and there is always uncertainty and a certain amount of transience.

Put the prices into some perspective for local South London clubs...

The product at Bromley is non league football - £15 per game (walk up). The product at Beckenham Town is Kent League football - £7 per game (walk up).

I could go to Charlton under these announced prices for a quid more than Beckenham per game at £8 and less than the walk up at Bromley. That is good value for league football.

Again, this message is not a bad one. RD still need to f*ck off though.
  • would be interesting to know by what % the overall pay bill has increased due to minimum wage, my guess is very low given how much of the pay bill is accounted for by players wages
  • It’s good to know though that the Club I love pays people the minimum wage.
  • Of course it does - be odd if it were paying more than the market rate for roles that would attract minimum wage just about everywhere else, and if it did then no doubt fans would complain about the owner wasting money. Can’t have it both ways.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

Still no change to one of the most mean-minded, petty decisions this bunch of jokers has taken - the decision to raise the senior age for buying tickets from 60 to 65.

I detest Duchalet as much as anyone but I'm pretty sure it was the previous regime that raised the qualifying age. I am now 66 & remember enquiring about the price of my season ticket as I turned 60 in the September just after it was changed & they let me have my ticket at the concessionary price.
  • edited April 2018

I detest Duchalet as much as anyone but I'm pretty sure it was the previous regime that raised the qualifying age. I am now 66 & remember enquiring about the price of my season ticket as I turned 60 in the September just after it was changed & they let me have my ticket at the concessionary price.
    No, it was Meire. That would imply it was 2011 and while we might have agreed you could pay as a 60 year old with a September birthday the change to 65 wasn’t made while I was working there.

No, it was Meire. That would imply it was 2011 and while we might have agreed you could pay as a 60 year old with a September birthday the change to 65 wasn’t made while I was working there.
    Correct - it was squirrel face's decision.
  • These are Welling United Season ticket prices in comparison.

Early bird season ticket details for 2017-18 April 5, 2017 by admin
    Hopes were high as we prepared for the current season but there can be no disguising our disappointment as to how things have turned out on the playing side, and we are certain that everyone would agree with us.

You have stood by us throughout and hopefully we can reward your loyalty with a massive improvement next season.
    As has been our normal procedure at this time of year, in thanking you for continued support, we are offering you our ‘Early Bird’ Season Ticket for 2017-18, with the prices unchanged from those of 1 year ago.

If you wish to take advantage of the ‘Early Bird’ Season Ticket offer we would ask you to please complete and return your application by the date of our home match vs Truro on Good Friday (14th April).

We would ask you to note that there will be no Executive Lounge in operation for next season.
    Admission prices for next season will remain unchanged from 2016-17 season. Adult £12, Concession £8, 12-17 £5, under 12s free. Seating would be an extra £2.

Early Bird prices:

Adult Terrace £175.00
    Concession Terrace £118.00
    Adult Seat £205.00
    Concession Seat £145.00
    *Under 18s Seat/Terrace £70.00
  • will probably buy ours at the end of the month, will always have one come what may - so be stupid not to get it as cheap as I can
  • will probably buy ours at the end of the month, will always have one come what may - so be stupid not to get it as cheap as I can

This

And all the better if it is the cheaper STs, the more popular and successful they are the better in my book
  • edited April 2018
    Am I right in saying North Lower tickets were £150 last season/this season

Edit ignore just realised the colour scheme for zone 1 and 4