Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Back through the front door at 12:15, at work for 8. Was it worth it? Absolute car crash performance could have been playing for another 2 years we wouldn’t have scored.

Disappointed by the lack of urgency and how poor the subs were after coming on. Special shout out to Zyro some of his first touches were awful.

Very poor night at the office
  • Options

When all players in creative positions are having a bad game, you know you've got a tactical problem.

Boom. Tic-tacs tic-tacs tic-tacs. My 2nd favourite cliché.
    No better place for it love...
  • Options
    Need to beat Scunthorpe, Rochdale and one of the big games, probably Portsmouth
    Tough ask
  • Options
    Shit ground
    Shit weather
    Shit performance
    Still in our hands but I can see us losing to Blackburn and Shrewsbury that gives us 9 points more tops giving us 71 which I have said all season wouldnt be enough for a playoff spot.
    Really needed 4 from the last 2 and as per usual we fail to deliver.
  • Options
    Makes you realise how bad Northampton are. Robinson would not have lost this game until the last couple of minutes.
  • Options

When all players in creative positions are having a bad game, you know you've got a tactical problem.

Boom. Tic-tacs tic-tacs tic-tacs. My 2nd favourite cliché.
    My 1st favourite cliché.
  • Options
    Seemed more or less nailed on we wouldn't turn up last night and the lads didn't disappoint - I'm sure the Pompey and Rochdale games will go the same way.

Put our team in a remotely intimidating environment and they fold - seems like an inbuilt character flaw. Why does it keep happening? It would be nice 8f we intimidated other teams for a change.

• Options
    iainment said:

I blame Robinson and Duchatelet and the weather and the date and the pants I chose today.

So do we mate!!
  • Options
    I want us to go up but that will only happen if we deserve it. After 46 games the table will be a fair reflection of our level of football over the season. I'd be amazed if any Duche team gained promotion. Happy to win the division next year under new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One man team......no Fosu no chance!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

I want us to go up but that will only happen if we deserve it. After 46 games the table will be a fair reflection of our level of football over the season. I'd be amazed if any Duche team gained promotion. Happy to win the division next year under new owners.

If by some miracle we scrape into the playoffs we'll bottle it anyway - that much is guaranteed.
  • Options
    Look at it another way. Without the two defensive errors we would have beaten Bristol 1-0 and drawn 0-0 last night. Fine margins.
  • Options

It’s increasingly starting to look like that performance wise, thoughit’s worth remembering that the main issue in the last two games was conceding goals from individual mistakes
  • Options
    Said all season it would be decided at Rochdale.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

It’s increasingly starting to look like that performance wise, thoughit’s worth remembering that the main issue in the last two games was conceding goals from individual mistakes
    That's the trouble mate all players make mistakes but goalkeeping or last line defender errors get more criticism than midfielders or strikers who are given several chances before they get pilloried.

Apart from Reeves and possibly JFC the other four offered little attacking threat hence zero shots on target. You can't go to places like Kingsmeadow with half the team not showing up, add to that a RB with no attacking intent and you get turned over. If it goes down to the wire at Rochdale expect much of the same resistance from the oppo. :disappointed: .
  • Options

Oh well, at least we can look forward to Accrington away next season.

Accrington Stanley - who are they?
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Donn’t think Fosu would have changed that performance.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Possibly not, but he would have least had a shot on target!
    Still in disbelief with Zyro forgetting how to be a pro footballer last night.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    HandG said:

Agreed, turgid performance marginally better than Blackpool away for me based on the first 40 odd minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wimbledon are our bogey side. Embarrasing but true. Cant win em all, onto the next one....
  • Options

Look at it another way. Without the two defensive errors we would have beaten Bristol 1-0 and drawn 0-0 last night. Fine margins.

That's too simplistic. Football doesn't work like that.
  • Options
    i actually cant remember ( brentford? ) the last london away game we won.
  • Options
    Bloody terrible performance.

Stood in the home end near our fans, horrible feeling when they scored - we just stood there with some gloating wanker fist pumping us.

• Options

Wimbledon are our bogey side. Embarrasing but true. Cant win em all, onto the next one....

One of our bogey sides - you could add quite a few to the list. Millwall, Gillingham, Palace etc.....
  • Options
    Wimbledon seem to be a latter day Scumwall for us to beat.Ditto Gillingham.Thought Bowyer got team selection wrong and then didn't know how to change it when needed.To have no shots on target is inexcusable.
    I would have started with Magennis and Ajose and would have kept Reeves on as he seemed to be the only one able to create anything.Its crazy that we are still in a playoff position and our destiny is in our own hands.My worry if we get there is that we 'don't turn up' again just like last night.But this is Charlton and Intry not to predict our results.COYR
  • Options

One of our bogey sides - you could add quite a few to the list. Millwall, Gillingham, Palace etc.....
    Gillingham arent exactly a bogey team...

they did the double over us this season yet they've not beaten us at the Valley since 1929
  • Options

Gillingham arent exactly a bogey team...

they did the double over us this season yet they've not beaten us at the Valley since 1929
    Most of our recent performances against them have been dire - especially the away ones.
  • Options

An accurate representation of my feelings this morning. Thanks for putting in a shift boys :-(