Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Comments

• Options

Ridiculous scenes here. 2 weeks ago we were nowhere. We thrash three teams, conceeding only 1 goal.

We lose 1 game and you guessed it, a bunch of adults who haven't discovered fire, yet can operate a computer declare that the playoffs are gone. This is their conclusion despite the fact we're actually in the playoffs and are about to play all the teams around us.

One point from Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon. What conclusions do you draw?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That against battling teams on levellers of pitches we are very lacking! What is the pitch like at Rochdale?
  • Options
    Lack of guts & fight is always more frustrating than slips and comedy errors. Bauer had one nightmare moment, versus 94 minutes of nothing from Zyro, Aribo. And yet again subs make no impact whatsoever - Marshall's cameo was an embarrassment.

I really hoped tonight would be my last visit to that horrible dump...but on tonight's evidence it won't be
  • Options
    Bowyer made a big mistake my dropping Ajose, whilst he hasn't scored he has been a massive threat. Mavididi did sweet FA and looked very unfit. I said in the preview I would take four points, let's see if we bounce back Saturday. Tonight for me was worse than Peterborough, that says a lot
  • Options
    They were not physical or hard working, we just didn't show up. That is the thing that annoyed me so much
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Oggy Red said:

No drive in the midfield. We're crying out for a midfield maestro, to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on by example.

I thought JFC was our standout player today. Aribo would normally be the one to drive the attack forwards but he misfired
    If this is true it shows how utterly woeful the rest of them were.he was crap
  • Options

They were not physical or hard working, we just didn't show up. That is the thing that annoyed me so much

Mainly because they didnt need to be physical or hard working.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We did not have a shot on goal against a team 20th in the league. Let that set in!!! We were so poor that we couldn't even muster a shot in anger, Bowyer and Jackson should have those wankers in training first thing tomorrow to watch that performance.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No drive in the midfield. We're crying out for a midfield maestro, to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on by example.

Yes, a Lee Bowyer, Mark Kinsella type.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Oggy Red said:

I thought JFC was our standout player today. Aribo would normally be the one to drive the attack forwards but he misfired
    If this is true it shows how utterly woeful the rest of them were.he was crap
    JFC saw a lot of the ball, but he didn't do much with it, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Tried to play like a quarter back! No need. Reeves was best midfielder and he came off
  • Options
    No Fosu no goals
    No Fosu no goals.
  • Options
    Poor! Only players to escape with any credibility Page & Reeves
    Thought there was plenty of effort but no quality. Not true to say they dont care.
    Playoffs unlikely now me thinks
  • Options

Better to have gone for it and lost 2-0 than what sounds like capitulation.

Yet we seemed to do the opposite. We took off Mavididi who looked a bit more likely than Zyro.
    Then subbed our best player Reeves, which ended our chances.
    Presumably both subbed as they couldn't last more than 60 mins and also play on Saturday.

I agree we should have gone for it and yet we didn't at all. The game was up as soon as Reeves was subbed. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Oh well, at least we can look forward to Accrington away next season.
  • Options

Not after their points deduction for "Illicit Procurement and Distribution of McDonald's."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On a bigger better pitch we will be better, but you have to play on all pitches. Fosu is such a big player for us and can make the difference in the run in - injury permitting. But odds against us now though not impossible.

Bowyer has to accept KaiKai is not the answer to any reasonable question!

He is not. But I do have a good (a relative term) bit of trivia that I hope is correct.

Tonight there was one former and one current loanee from Palace to Charlton on the pitch. Can you name the loanee who signed for us from Palace in between them?
  • Options

Accrington Stanley - who are they?
  • Options
    I blame Robinson and Duchatelet and the weather and the date and the pants I chose today.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    iainment said:

I blame Robinson and Duchatelet and the weather and the date and the pants I chose today.

The ref wasn't too special either.
  • Options

Miracle now required to reach playoffs. Confidence gained from those three wins now will be gone. It’s possible but looks very hard.

Bowyers chance of securing a shot at the job is also slipping away.

As long as he lasts 10 games :smile:
  • Options

That against battling teams on levellers of pitches we are very lacking! What is the pitch like at Rochdale?

Poor pitch, but wide.
  • Options

Ridiculous scenes here. 2 weeks ago we were nowhere. We thrash three teams, conceeding only 1 goal.

We lose 1 game and you guessed it, a bunch of adults who haven't discovered fire, yet can operate a computer declare that the playoffs are gone. This is their conclusion despite the fact we're actually in the playoffs and are about to play all the teams around us.

I take it you weren't there. I was. 180 degrees turnaround from the Plymouth & Northampton games where we bossed the games & played fast flowing attacking football. Tonight was dire.........no, worse than dire, abject. No shots on target. I'll repeat that, NO SHOTS ON TARGET. Bowyer got it all wrong & his substitutions were worse than some of Robinsons'. Reeves off ???? He was the best player up to that point & Zyro ???. Half time should have seen Ajose on for the loanee who didn't win an aerial challenge all night. I can only assume that Mavididi was brought off because of he has just come back from injury, if not then that was another baffling decision.

If we play like that at Pompey we'll get slaughtered. I did say on the pre-match thread that it would be better to lose tonight & win the 2 six-pointers. They are now MASSIVE games. Somehow Bowyer has got to get back the belief & urgency that was there 2 weeks ago. Somehow I doubt it. We always bottle big games.

and to make matters worse Millwall won & are now in the play-offs. the CHAMPIONSHIP play-offs. I'm off to support them. at least they know how to win games.

Up the Lions.
    Would deserve a flag in most circumstances. Understandable though.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    For me tonight Bowyer was rubbish. Why? Because it was obvious they were crowding their area. We could have tried to get some advantage from that - taking a risk and putting an extra man up there - and the fact that they wanted to keep what they had would have possibly allowed us to get away with it. You have to counter that tactic with either ability (that wasn't going to happen tonight) or getting numbers in there quickly.

Come on, they were not far up from a pub team and if you want to make the passes where it hurts nobody, then make them where it hurts too! Otherwise you are a bunch of cowardly a*holes! Yes the pitch was crap but if Bury were a goal down in that game they would have found a way to put them under some pressure.

KaiKai was doing sod all and he took Reeves off who was working his socks off! We didn't need two centre halves chasing the game in the second half. This team needs Fosu so much on nights like these!

I am fuming after that travesty!