Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Comments

• Well. Shit.
  • Saturday will be damned interesting as Scunthorpe are in freefall themselves - Failure to beat them and it will be a serious concern, even if other results go our way
  • Play Offs gone !!!

Gone where, Ralph?

• addick05 said:

We're still very much in the playoff race. Don't let all the eeyores on here convince you otherwise.

Dream on buddy - have you seen the fixtures? And I don't mean just the 'big' guys.
    Everyone has to play at least a couple of tough games if you check everyone's run in. We need to get our act together quickly though if we're to have any chance.
  • We are the most gutless team on earth. Put us under pressure and we wilt - f***ing shambles. Nothing changes.

Expected us to lose tonight and we did - so predictable. Some teams have character - we don't.

Wouldn't it be nice if our players didn't bottle it.
  • It’s the hope that gets you in the end ...
  • We still have a chance of making the play-offs but we need to play a lot better than we have in the last two games.

First half we seemed to look for a lot of long balls down the left for Mavididi. Whatever we tried nothing was very effective. We couldn't win anything in the air, couldn't get onto crosses, couldn't pass our way through them. Free kicks were probably our best opportunities and we couldn't get them on target.

We're an inconsistent top half side. Bowyer gave us hope of making the play-offs that Robinson didn't, but these last couple of games have been a reminder of our weaknesses. Wimbledon looked more physical and aggressive than us. We miss Fosu. As well as being our main goal threat from midfield at his best he has that extra bit of quality that Marshall and KaiKai don't have.

Was surprised to see Reeves come off, if we were going to create a good chance he's one of the players more likely to be involved.

Will be interesting to see what team Bowyer picks on Saturday. Winning made it easy to stick with the same line up.
  • vff said:

Disappointing result made worse, by conceeding a goal from a defensive mistake. Two unnecessary goals conceeded in 4 days. Johnnie Jackson has some work to do this week on the training pitch.

Millwall won as well ffs & are in the top 6. Wimbledon appear to be a jinx team. Not sure Lee Bowyer got his subs right. No shots on target is disappointing. Charlton missing Fosu big time.

On a positive note Charlton are still top 6 & its not over. Its still in Charlton’s hands but clearly not if there are any more performances like tonight. A positive result against Scunthorpe a must.

Yes it was a defensive mistake, but what made me more angry than the mistake was there was actually no need to play it back and create the opportunity to make the mistake.
    Page had a chance to put the ball into box just outside their penalty area, but chose to pass it back, eventually to Pearce, then to Bauer and we fucking give them a goal ..."there you , we are attacking, but have your self a goal" - its funny coz i said when Page had the ball...-"this will go back to the goalie", but little did i think he would be picking it out of the fucking net.
  • Agree that Ajose should have started. Their captain/full back was there for the taking and Mavididi did nothing to exploit it. Kaikai made a number of good runs, but on the ball he over hit too many passes or made those of the hospital variety. Both of these should be on the bench at best. Not up for the fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Really poor. Page and Reeves looked decent the rest shite particularly KK, Zyro, SM and Amos (it looked he was trying to run the clock down!)
    But the Wimbledon timewasting was the worst of all. The ball was hardly in play the amount of time they took to swap throw takers, place the ball over and over for free kicks.
    I hate this league.
  • edited April 2018

ct_addick said:

Zyro is a bottle job! Tried to play pretty triangles on a shit field against shit opposition who just kicked us off the park.

Zyro shouldnt be the target tonight as he had absolutely no service - He simply had one of those nights where so many continental players have failed to adapt to the physicality of the English League.
    Whilst he shouldn’t necessarily be targeted his performance in the second half was horrible, I hate seeing Charlton players pulling out of challenges and diving.

As a lot have mentioned, we were outfought tonight by a team who wanted it that little bit more. Looking at the way Portsmouth played at our place and how Kenny Jackett teams set up generally, I can see the game there being similar so they we better make sure we bring our game faces that day otherwise it’s finished.
  • Watched on iplayer

that was utter junk , at one point in the second half within a minute they gave the ball to us 4 times and we gave it back to them 4 times (3 of them from Aribo) proper shit football

such a depressing night for football , i fucking hate it .

the lack of urgency in our players was freaking me out , do they want it or are they just stupid , fcuk off football

33% 3rd-6th .......67% 7th-12th ......

100% Roland OUT

i hate football
  • vff said:

Disappointing result made worse, by conceeding a goal from a defensive mistake. Two unnecessary goals conceeded in 4 days. Johnnie Jackson has some work to do this week on the training pitch.

Millwall won as well ffs & are in the top 6. Wimbledon appear to be a jinx team. Not sure Lee Bowyer got his subs right. No shots on target is disappointing. Charlton missing Fosu big time.

On a positive note Charlton are still top 6 & its not over. Its still in Charlton’s hands but clearly not if there are any more performances like tonight. A positive result against Scunthorpe a must.

Yes it was a defensive mistake, but what made me more angry than the mistake was there was actually no need to play it back and create the opportunity to make the mistake.
    Page had a chance to put the ball into box just outside their penalty area, but chose to pass it back, eventually to Pearce, then to Bauer and we fucking give them a goal ..."there you , we are attacking, but have your self a goal" - its funny coz i said when Page had the ball...-"this will go back to the goalie", but little did i think he would be picking it out of the fucking net.
    The goal is almost comical - hard to watch.
  • The whole club/team needs an overhaul. It needs a decent coach who appreciates this level to give it a good shake- and bring in players who dont think they should be playing for fucking Barcelona.
  • CAFC under Roly is all about finding new ways to let the supporters down.
  • The whole club/team needs an overhaul. It needs a decent coach who appreciates this level to give it a good shake- and bring in players who dont think they should be playing for fucking Barcelona.

We need players with balls...
  • I laugh really.
    The team who finish 3rd will probably top up 20 points better off than 6th and 6th stil have a chance of going up
  • edited April 2018
    On the night that could have seen us transform our season, we lost to the shittiest team in the league.

It's so depressing. The way things are going, Palace and the scum will be in the Prem whilst we remain in L1 under an absentee owner who wants out but is totally unrealistic about the price he is seeking. By this time next year we could be the lowest placed London club in the EFL. What a come down from the great days of the not too distant past.

With all that, it almost doesn't matter that Putin and Trump are dragging the world into potential war.
  • Sponsored links:

• Miracle now required to reach playoffs. Confidence gained from those three wins now will be gone. It’s possible but looks very hard.

Bowyers chance of securing a shot at the job is also slipping away.

Let’s just get new owners and start again from scratch.
  • Ridiculous scenes here. 2 weeks ago we were nowhere. We thrash three teams, conceeding only 1 goal.

We lose 1 game and you guessed it, a bunch of adults who haven't discovered fire, yet can operate a computer declare that the playoffs are gone. This is their conclusion despite the fact we're actually in the playoffs and are about to play all the teams around us.

Some of us have watch 50 or more years of this disappointment. Believe, us its all over !
  • Ridiculous scenes here. 2 weeks ago we were nowhere. We thrash three teams, conceeding only 1 goal.

We lose 1 game and you guessed it, a bunch of adults who haven't discovered fire, yet can operate a computer declare that the playoffs are gone. This is their conclusion despite the fact we're actually in the playoffs and are about to play all the teams around us.

• We could have played all night until tomorrow and we still wouldnt have had a shot on target.
  • Valley11 said:

Really poor. Page and Reeves looked decent the rest shite particularly KK, Zyro, SM and Amos (it looked he was trying to run the clock down!)
    But the Wimbledon timewasting was the worst of all. The ball was hardly in play the amount of time they took to swap throw takers, place the ball over and over for free kicks.
    I hate this league.

Amos is really odd , he wastes time like no other footballer I've ever seen and as you point out he does it even when we're losing , show some urgency fffs
  • Well. Shit.

This.
    Which is an anagram of this. Wholly support your thesis.
  • That was miserable. Felt we were really poor and they looked crap as well but played to their strengths. I don't think any of our lot had a decent game, only JFC looked like he cared. I can't stand KaiKai, just don't want to see him play for us anymore, missing Fosu big time.

Still in our hands obviously but we need to beat Pompey and Scunny now to stand a chance at 6th.
  • Lots of criticism for Mav, Zyro and Kaikai. Any coincidence that they are all loanees?

How many Wimbledon players are on loan?