Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Better to have gone for it and lost 2-0 than what sounds like capitulation.
  • Options
    Mavididi isn’t a striker

• Options
    I've asked before whether our players can handle pressure or not.

Sounds like we got our answer tonight.

At this level it's often who wants it the most. Wimbledon want to stay up more than we want to try and get promoted it seems.
  • Options
    And the pitch can't be blamed.
    Charlton have had to Rollin DuckShitAlley for ages. Must be used to a heavy pitch by now!

"If you ever see a post from WRICURKINCAM walk away and pretend you didn't. Only madness lies ahead. " = Henry Irving.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Wimbledon played the game how they needed too - compact, making every ball a battle. We helped them by gifting them a goal but after they got that, we were never getting back into that!
  • Options

We're still very much in the playoff race. Don't let all the eeyores on here convince you otherwise.

Dream on buddy - have you seen the fixtures? And I don't mean just the 'big' guys.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

We're still very much in the playoff race. Don't let all the eeyores on here convince you otherwise.

Oh yeah, we're alive and kicking alright. Just not as good as the team in 20th, that's all.
    Yes because thats why we're 6th and they're 20th.

It was a classic London Derby / six pointer for Wimbledon - Did you really expect them to meakly roll over for us, they've got Rochdale breathing down their necks with two more games in hand... Neal Ardley needed a response from his side and got it

Charlton on the other hand were probably thinking of the tougher battles to come, and wouldnt surprise me if some did get a bit naive (like some on here) about tonights game and were saving themselves for the big four games to come.

Ironically if we win those four, we go in the Play-Offs
  • Options
    Bloody boooo to that. Still in our hands
  • Options
    Was anybody actually surprised by that result. Only hope is that we can turn up in the last 5 games or the others play like we did tonight. Cant see that happening as they seem to scrape results even when they are playing poor.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Oh yeah, we're alive and kicking alright. Just not as good as the team in 20th, that's all.
    Very insightful comment. Thank you.
    Sorry. Everything is great!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

Charlton on the other hand were probably thinking of the tougher battles to come, and wouldnt surprise me if some did get a bit naive (like some on here) about tonights game and were saving themselves for the big four games to come.

Ironically if we win those four, we go in the Play-Offs

Not if we play like tonight, we won't.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I've asked before whether our players can handle pressure or not.

Sounds like we got our answer tonight.

At this level it's often who wants it the most. Wimbledon want to stay up more than we want to try and get promoted it seems.

Bunch of bottle jobs....forwards not winning the ball because they were scared of getting clattered! I hate this league...that’s non league football and we came down to their level
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Kaikai is the wrong option

Far as I'm concerned he's no bloody option at all!
  • Options
    Absolute shite but it’s never easy with Charlton is it.

Expect a big reaction on Saturday against a team well out of form. Less than 3 points and it’s all aboard the train to Accrington next season.
  • Options
    I look forward to the Bowyer is God and Kaikai is a footballer coming on here and telling me what that was about !!

Oh well , another season in this shit leauge.
  • Options
    I was surprised by how poor we actually were. Nobody with the balls to fight - just pretending to be a good team by passing where it is easy to pass - and even cocking that up and gifting a goal! That was needless passing back by the way, in first half injury time when we were on the attack.
  • Options
    And yet it’s still in our own hands

Drop Kaikai, put Mavididi wide, Fosu back in, put Kashi in the DM role and pray Ajose starts finding the net and we aren’t that far off.

• Options
    addick05 said:

Dream on buddy - have you seen the fixtures? And I don't mean just the 'big' guys.
    Said it before the game... this is Charlton, we've just brushed two rivals aside (Plymouth and Rotherham) and messed up against two easy teams.

Absolute no guarantee this season is over till its over
  • Options
    Kaikai is a waste of space. Few players covered themselves in glory tonight but he really is completely useless, I hope we don't see him turn out for us again. I was disappointed Reeves was taken off, he seemed to be one of the few trying to actually make something happen, once he went off we barely had the ball in midfield at all. We really needed a win tonight to give ourselves a bit of a cushion. Our next four games are really tough, if we manage to stay in the top 6, we'll have done it by picking up points against some good sides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it’s robinson all over again. sticking with the same formation when it’s not working, playing players in the wrong position, bad substitutions and mainly passing sideways and backwards. season over. roland out
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Kaikai is the wrong option

was he playing?
  • Options

Play Offs gone !!!

What will you be saying if we beat Scunthorpe on Saturday? - Come 5pm we could have a three point gap to 7th
  • Options
    Brother in law is Argyle, just told him the result...he grinned.
    Bastard.
  • Options
    vff said:

Disappointing result made worse, by conceeding a goal from a defensive mistake. Two unnecessary goals conceeded in 4 days. Johnnie Jackson has some work to do this week on the training pitch.

Millwall won as well ffs & are in the top 6. Wimbledon appear to be a jinx team. Not sure Lee Bowyer got his subs right. No shots on target is disappointing. Charlton missing Fosu big time.

On a positive note Charlton are still top 6 & its not over. Its still in Charlton’s hands but clearly not if there are any more performances like tonight. A positive result against Scunthorpe a must.

Yes it was a defensive mistake, but what made me more angry than the mistake was there was actually no need to play it back and create the opportunity to make the mistake.
  • Options
    @palarsehater's fault.
  • Options
    Still 6th fingers crossed we pull the finger out and plan the next 4 games, game by game like we did on game 1 of Bowyers tenure.