Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Tue 10 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• We deserved to win last year but still drew 1-1.

Tomorrow's team will be VERY different, with possibly only Bauer and Aribo starting from last year's line up.
    Konsa may start tomorrow, but if he doesnt it perhaps shows that LB doesn't fancy him? I expect Mavididi will start on the bench again. We need him to show what he can do again, asap. Our season could depend on it.

Last year:

1 Rudd
    20 Solly
    5 Bauer
    50 Teixeira
    3 Chicksen
    15 Konsa
    8 Crofts
    32 Aribo
    11 Holmes Substituted for Mavididi at 79 mins
    30 Novak Substituted for Magennis at 56 mins
    7 Watt Substituted for Botaka at 74 mins

Magennis struggled when he came on last year, so either has a point to prove so should play, or is easily handled by giant defenders so shouldn't.

I predicted last week's 1-1 with Rovers (fluke) and this week I'm going for a random and optimistic 1-2. Ajose and Kaikai.
  • dickplumb said:

Tough game, Wimbledon are not pretty but they are tough at home. 1-1

They've lost to Blackburn, Fleetwood and, believe it or not, Northampton (1-3) since Feb. They'll certainly believe they can intimidate us though.
  • Huge game. Win or bust. A nervy 2-1 Charlton
  • It will be interesting to see how their fans act now that we don't have KR as boss - will there still be animosity or will they welcome us with open arms ???

I will be there with Golfie Jnr. Our 3rd time there & not seen us win yet. I'm afraid to say I think that the wait will continue.......

2-1 with Lloyd Sam coming off the bench to get their winner.
  • Bringing in Magennis will encourage the long ball which will be easy for the Wimbledon defence. Stick with Zyro and Ajose up top and have the option of Magennis' physicality or Mavididi's pace for the final quarter. I'd play Page ahead of Little Jay, and have Little Jay fully fit for Saturday on a pitch and match he'll be better suited to. I've not been at all impressed by Kaikai, and would not be averse to pushing Aribo into the free role and bringing in Konsa. Something like:

Amos
    Djiksteel - Bauer - Pearce - Page
    Konsa
    JFC - Reeves
    Aribo
    Zyro - Ajose

Phillips, Sarr, Jackson, Magennis, Mavidid, Kaikai, Marshall

3-0, Ajose x2 and Magennis of the bench. COYR
  • 0-2 halfway to a comfortable away win.
  • edited April 2018
    Games come this and fast now, and I think this has banana skin written all over it.

Bowyer needs to tweak things tactically. With Fosu out, who plays in the 10 role is really important, and we don't have a ton of options at the moment.

I think Ajose looked jaded and was easily outmuscled on Saturday so I'd give him a rest. I'd pick this team and as we did in the first couple games against Bowyer, have them prepared to go 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 Diamond).

...............Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce (C) DaSilva
    ............F-Caskey
    .........Reeves........Aribo
    ...................Mav
    ...........Zyro.....Magennis

4-3-3:
    ..............Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce DaSilva
    ...............JFC
    ......Reeves.....Aribo
    .......Zyro Magennis Mav

Subs: Phillips, Sarr, Dijksteel, Kashi* (hopefully, if not Jackson), Marshall, Kaikai, Ajose

I think Josh's height and strength could help defending, particularly from set pieces. And hopefully, as he's done on a few occasions this season, he can work to occupy a back three and really cause them problems with his movement, allowing Zyro and Mav some space. Josh has also worked really well with Mav, who allows Josh to drop deep with Mav running beyond him. I hope there is a lot of interchange in that front three, however they're deployed.
  • Much tougher than many are saying. Must win game imho but can’t see past 1 - 1
  • If Dasilva isn’t fit, don’t be surprised to see Sarr start at left back if Page isn’t ready to complete two 90 mins in 3 days.

Think Konsa will come on for Dijksteel and possibly Magennis for one of the strikers, maybe Zyro as people say he looked most leggy.

Would love Mavididi to play behind the front two and run at them from deep, dragging their midfielders out wide when he drifts out wide as well will create more space for Ajose with his runs. However, I do think Kaikai will start again.

Tough game tomorrow night, but one we must win. 3 points here and we probably need 7 from the remaining 5...

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Forster-Caskey
    Reeves Aribo
    Kaikai
    Magennis Ajose

Phillips, Sarr, Page, Dijksteel, Marshall, Mavididi, Zyro

AFC Wimbledon 0-2 Charlton Athletic
  • Come on Charlton, don’t let us down. In Johnnie and Lee we trust #COYA
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

If Dasilva isn’t fit, don’t be surprised to see Sarr start at left back if Page isn’t ready to complete two 90 mins in 3 days.

Think Konsa will come on for Dijksteel and possibly Magennis for one of the strikers, maybe Zyro as people say he looked most leggy.

Would love Mavididi to play behind the front two and run at them from deep, dragging their midfielders out wide when he drifts out wide as well will create more space for Ajose with his runs. However, I do think Kaikai will start again.

Tough game tomorrow night, but one we must win. 3 points here and we probably need 7 from the remaining 5...

Amos
    Forster-Caskey
    Reeves Aribo
    Kaikai
    Magennis Ajose

Sorry if I missed this, but do we have reason to believe DaSilva was hurt on Saturday or just rested?

Also, I think Sarr coming in at left back would provide some height which we'll need against them. But always prefer DaSilva. As always, I'd be tempted to try a 3-5-2 if we have someone who could play at right wingback, but I don't think Dijksteel or Konsa provide nearly enough going forward, and I don't think it's the kind of game to try Marshall there.
  • Ahmed Kashi has been ruled out of Charlton’s game against AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday.

Charlton could also be without Jay Dasilva for the midweek trip to Kingsmeadow.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/932257270?-11197:833
  • I'd probably rest Aribo and play Marshall instead on the right, moving Reeves inside. We lacked width on Saturday, and I'm not sure the intricate stuff trying to pass our way through the AFC defence will work tomorrow
  • They are near the relegation places for a reason. We will crush them.
  • A nasty game with bookings galore and at least one sending off.

Joe Piggot scores but we win 3 - 1
  • SDAddick said:

Sage said:

If Dasilva isn’t fit, don’t be surprised to see Sarr start at left back if Page isn’t ready to complete two 90 mins in 3 days.

Amos
    Forster-Caskey
    Reeves Aribo
    Kaikai
    Magennis Ajose

Sorry if I missed this, but do we have reason to believe DaSilva was hurt on Saturday or just rested?

Also, I think Sarr coming in at left back would provide some height which we'll need against them. But always prefer DaSilva. As always, I'd be tempted to try a 3-5-2 if we have someone who could play at right wingback, but I don't think Dijksteel or Konsa provide nearly enough going forward, and I don't think it's the kind of game to try Marshall there.
    It was from Bowyer's interview on Charlton Live. He also said Kashi has hurt his heel.
  • I'm going for 3-0 again. Not been right in the last 4 attempts but still...
  • shirty5 said:
    Perhaps they'll boo Ben Reeves instead (ex MKD player)...
  • shirty5 said:
    Perhaps they'll boo Ben Reeves instead (ex MKD player)...
    Regardless that he’s gone now, they are still scummy entitled c**** and that groundsman should still get a dig for what he said.
  • 1-2 Addicks win
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

SDAddick said:

Sage said:

Amos
    Forster-Caskey
    Reeves Aribo
    Kaikai
    Magennis Ajose

It was from Bowyer's interview on Charlton Live. He also said Kashi has hurt his heel.
    Cheers yeah just seen it. I feel for Kashi. Hopefully it's only some minor discomfort, because if it's a recurrence of that heal problem that's probably him done for the season. With us playing Saturday-Tuesday we could use a bit more cover in midfield.
  • 0-1 ajose pen
  • As with other posters above, I wonder if Sarr will come in if Da Silva not available

Mag in as one of the front two, ba
  • 2:2 Ajose, Zyro
  • As with other posters above, I wonder if Sarr will come in if Da Silva not available

But he's had a bit of a rest. The attack is no longer solely on his shoulders, and he plays very well with Mav. Yes, Saturday was frustrating but our performances have been much improved under Bowyer, and I think Magennis would do better in this system than he did in Robinson's. Also, his goalscoring form in the last 2-3 months isn't terrible. And I thought he looked good, very lively, when he came on against Northampton.
  • Not enough muscle and grit in our squad thanks to you know who and you know who. Need someone who can handle the rough ugly stuff and dish it out where appropriate. This is League 1 not the Champions League.

• edited April 2018
    lose tonight and i think forget about playoffs, as although still possible as for team confidence need to batter these tonight.

get there story and sympathise but the poor me act is wearing a little thin are we all meant to sob for them for the next 100 years, the way there groundsmen acted he 100% deserves a kicking awful thing to say.

hope they stay in the league as they will get there ground full i would say and suppose its 1-0 to the supporters, but can get there points elsewhere 3 points wanted 1 point absolute minimum.
  • SDAddick said:

As with other posters above, I wonder if Sarr will come in if Da Silva not available

But he's had a bit of a rest. The attack is no longer solely on his shoulders, and he plays very well with Mav. Yes, Saturday was frustrating but our performances have been much improved under Bowyer, and I think Magennis would do better in this system than he did in Robinson's. Also, his goalscoring form in the last 2-3 months isn't terrible. And I thought he looked good, very lively, when he came on against Northampton.
    Sorry. That “ba” was misleading. I was proposing it. I think he should start. If Aribo has squared it to him after a late mazy run into the box on Tues he would have been the goal scoring hero. I’d start Mag.... probably with Zyro.
  • 2-1 away win, Ajose with a brace. Must win game, in Bowyer we trust!
  • Massive game for both sides. Ardley has called for their fans to get behind them from the off tonight and give it a real go. They will come at us from the off and we will need to see that out and not get caught cold.

See out the first 15 and then we can start to control the game, we played with Konsa and Aribo in the middle last year and dominated the play, need to do the same again today. They will probably have Trotter, Jimmy abdou, and Tom soares across their midfield so we need to be quicker and smarter when we have the ball and play around them and attack with pace. The pitch at kingsmeadow is better since Chelsea ladies took it but still been heavy with all the recent rain. To me it's always felt like quite a small pitch too so Bowyer needs to have a game plan for tonight.

They were unlucky not to beat Scunthorpe at the weekend, and Ardley seems to be causing a bit of a divide when it comes to the fans.

Fancy a 1-1 but would take 4 points out of next 2 games.