Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

F1 2018

Comments

• Options
    I'd take off constructors points - leave the drivers alone.
  • Options
    @Dazzler21 flagged in jest due to nature of tackle, no need to get so touchy over it

@DaveMehmet you been peeking through my bedroom window? :wink:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

@Dazzler21 flagged in jest due to nature of tackle, no need to get so touchy over it

Couldn’t possibly say.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Don't think it was touchy... I even said cheers!
  • Options
    The Ferrari Formula 1 mechanic who suffered a broken leg during Kimi Raikkonen's race-ending pitstop in the Bahrain Grand Prix has successfully undergone surgery.
    Francesco Cigarini was preparing to fit a new left-rear tyre during Raikkonen's second stop when the Finn was mistakenly told to leave the pit box.
    Raikkonen ran over Cigarini's left leg as he pulled away, which Ferrari said broke its crew member's shinbone and fibula.
  • Options
    Tis but a scratch.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Howells said:

Is it true that Raikkonen got out of his car and didn't even bother going to check on the guy?

Looked like it on the skysports coverage as he appeared to walk straight into the garage.
    Could be wrong but you wouldn't put it past Kimi.
    No, he did keep looking at the mechanic and slowed right down before walking into the garage, but the medics were working on him by then so there was nothing he could have gained by going over and sticking his oar in. He would have been fuming anyway - having just been retired - and you know all drivers need a few minutes to calm down after a retirement. It wasn't Kimi's fault anyway; whoever turned his light green is the one to blame...
    Right, and as I wrote ...'could be wrong'
    Also it's quite clearly the fault of the team for commiting an unsafe release. Thier second of the race weekend.
  • Options

Tis but a scratch.

• Options
    Not very good imageand safety
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you didnt see the Azerbaijan GP today, then i suggest you skip to the last 15 laps on the highlights - its incredible from then on in.
  • Options
    Most exciting race ever.
  • Options
    Turned it off to watch the West Ham v City match. Thought it was a foregone conclusion how it was going to finish. Couldn’t believe the result when I saw it.
  • Options
    Was going to turn it off, very glad I didn't. Bottas must have been kicking black cats
  • Options
    Run it off FFS
  • Options
    Bottas and Lewis Page - separated at birth?
  • Options
    Not a massive fan of street circuits but that was a cracking race.
  • Options
    That's the problem with using street circuits......bloody potholes ruining your tyres !!
  • Options

That's the problem with using street circuits......bloody potholes ruining your tyres !!

Wasnt a pothole - it was a piece of debris off one of the previous crashes - they picked it up on the replay , and you can almost see the tyre explode.
  • Options
    Felt so sorry for Bottas but you would hope he would get the rub of the green later on.

Take Hamilton for instance - robbed by bad luck in Australia and inherits a fortunate win here.

What was Vettel thinking going for that move on cold tyre though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was so much indicent what with Ricciardo shunting his team-mate Verstappen (nutter) off the road, and then Grosjean hitting the wall during the safety car and then saying that Ericsson hit him from behind (who happened to be about 50 meteres behind him at the time!).
  • Options

saying that Ericsson hit him from behind (who happened to be about 50 meteres behind him at the time!).

that bit is great. did he think they wouldn't watch the tv and he'd get away with that story?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    To be fair Bottas was lucky with an earlier safety car. But tough to lose the race so late. Vettel was ahead of Hamilton and I thought his move to overtake Bottas was a bit too high risk given that. But it helped the enjoyment.

The Red Bull accident looked like Ricciardo's fault but Verstappen clearly weaved right then left on the face of it. He is a great driver but has to learn to turn it down a bit. I'm sure he is getting some tough love from within the team.
  • Options

To be fair Bottas was lucky with an earlier safety car. But tough to lose the race so late. Vettel was ahead of Hamilton and I thought his move to overtake Bottas was a bit too high risk given that. But it helped the enjoyment.

The Red Bull accident looked like Ricciardo's fault but Verstappen clearly weaved right then left on the face of it. He is a great driver but has to learn to turn it down a bit. I'm sure he is getting some tough love from within the team.

100% Verstappens fault, you cannot move across the track in the braking zone, he weaved and forced Ricciardo into making a decision and by then it was too late.

Hamilton very fortunate to come away with the win, Baku is becoming one of my favourite circuits though, hope it stays, the 2km straight that's not fully straight is mental
  • Options

Harsh on Bottas.
    He managed his tyres well and kept putting in consistent laps thus earning track position.

Other than that it was a great result for leclerc.
  • Options
    True but the Tyres were a bit weird in the race with old tyres being faster than new ones in many cases. The softs didn't work well and the teams couldn't wait to get off them when there was the late safety car.
  • Options
    Ferrari may well regret the last couple of races and missed opportunities.... it’s a long season and whilst they have had clearly the stronger package I don’t think the Merc is slow per se - more they can’t work the tyre on a low grip tarmac. Barcelona is high grip and they were quick there in testing so they may bounce back. Red Bull will be faves in Monaco. Then you have France, Austria and Silverstone. All high grip and harder tyres.
  • Options
    Hard to believe Lewis is leading the standings when you consider, by his standards, he has struggled so far this year.
  • Options
    Whoever qualifies fastest will be the fave in Monaco - normally Lewis.
  • Options

Whoever qualifies fastest will be the fave in Monaco - normally Lewis.

Monaco is low grip and very soft tyres - if this season is anything to go by Merc will struggle. Think RB won’t be penalised by lack of qualy engine modes as power is less of an issue. My money is on Danny Ric there.