Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bristol Rovers v Charlton post match views 7/4/2018

Comments

• Options
    Will take a point. Still in our own hands.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Think a lot on here are massively overrating the likes of Pompey and Scunthorpe.

Think how dire we’ve been all season, yet we’re still in and around those sides. I’d still say we should make playoffs

Scunthorpe on a very poor run
  • Options
    Ahmed Kashi has been ruled out of Charlton’s game against AFC Wimbledon on Tuesday.

The midfielder was set for a return to the matchday squad for the Addicks’ 1-1 draw with Bristol Rovers. But his heel was sore in training yesterday - and caretaker boss Lee Bowyer did not risk him.

Charlton could also be without Jay Dasilva for the midweek trip to Kingsmeadow.

Bowyer added: “Little Jay is struggling as well, he had a tight thigh and he didn't train yesterday.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/932257270?-11197:833
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We should have come out after half time looking for blood. Instead we looked bereft of a plan and confidence...

We showed we have the better players, but it felt like a bit of a bottle job display today.

Disappointed.
  • Options
    Think 3 point today was in the plan. Now means we need to step and win away to both Shrewsbury and Portsmouth, whilst not losing to Scunthorpe. Sorry two dropped on a day we could have stolen a march on Pompey and Peterborough.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:
    Crap defending for their goal - poor header from Pearce and Amos far too slow to come out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bristol Rovers are only 7 points behind us so a point isn't the worst result. Need to win Tuesday though with the games coming up.
  • Options
    I didn’t think we were too bad! I think Rovers were poor but we got dragged down to their level! The surface was abysmal and i think the frustrations on the pitch were matched by a good following not being able to create any atmosphere!

Surprised to see the comments on Forster-Caskey I thought he was solid today and that was probably a bad performance by his standards!

Toss up between Reeves and Bauer for my MOM today! Reeves probably just shaded it, was the best player on the pitch by a mile although their lad who got the goal was very good too!

Still think we will grab a playoff place!
  • Options
    Have we had an update on Fosu? - If we have I must have missed it.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Laddick01 said:

Think a lot on here are massively overrating the likes of Pompey and Scunthorpe.

Think how dire we’ve been all season, yet we’re still in and around those sides. I’d still say we should make playoffs

Who are they playing a week today?

What odds Novak score anytime?
  • Options
    No shame in drawing against Bristol Rovers. Wimbledon is a massive game now. I'm really intruiged to know if Wimbledon are going to sit back like they did at The Valley, or whether they'll try and have a go at us. My gut tells me they'll settle for the point, and sit back.
  • Options
    Didn't follow the game at all as I was trying, and failing miserably, to hit a little white ball around a golf course.

Initial reaction was complete disappointment but I suppose that's testament to the turnaround under Bowyer/JJ.

On reflection, we're a top 6 side that got a point away at a top 10 side - that's pretty standard.

An adequate result, 10 points from 12, and we move on to Wimbledon where we get 3 points... (hopefully).

• Options

Have we had an update on Fosu? - If we have I must have missed it.

Bowyer said the other day .....minor groin strain. Likely to be out for 2 weeks.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:
    Really long drop kick from their keeper led to our goal - we didn't deal with it at all, 3 players lost their headers in quick succession:
    1st was Bauer, Dijksteel and then Pearce. Watch and you'll see what I mean.

Interestingly, in our 4 attacking moves shown in the Sky highlights, the much maligned Kaikai was involved in 3 of them - including providing the assist for Reeves' goal.
  • Options
    Fosu gives Cafc the X factor.
    Mavididi needs to replicate his form before his injury. Kaikai needs to show why he was signed by a premier team.
    Both Zyro and Ajose need to find the net in the run in.
    Good point today if we win on Tuesday but the
    Nightmare scenario would be Pigott and Novak scoring in next two matches as
    Hell hath no fury like ex players scorned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

A major reason why Pompey have recently hit a good run is because their talisman goalscorer has returned to the side - Pitman is scoring goals for fun.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Laddick01 said:

A major reason why Pompey have recently hit a good run is because their talisman goalscorer has returned to the side - Pitman is scoring goals for fun.

Diego Costa of League1.
  • Options
    Funny little ground, shite playing surface, sure didn’t help our game. Terrace football a bit of a throw back and Good pasties!

Thought Bristol worked hard compressing the midfield that combined with the pitch gave our creativity little chance to show.

Great credit to Bow and JJ second half we “manned up” and stepped into that crowded midfield to compete more, JFC, Joe and Reeves all worked hard to close Bristol down.

A bit unlucky not to win it but showed character in coming back from a soft goal, I thought both KiaKia and Mavididi a luxury, I’d like to see Konsa given a run in midfield, he can play there!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

E-cafc said:
    Really long drop kick from their keeper led to our goal - we didn't deal with it at all, 3 players lost their headers in quick succession:
    1st was Bauer, Dijksteel and then Pearce. Watch and you'll see what I mean.

Interestingly, in our 4 attacking moves shown in the Sky highlights, the much maligned Kaikai was involved in 3 of them - including providing the assist for Reeves' goal.
    That's a really poor goal to concede. But these things happen, especially at this level and it's not been a regular occurrence like it was.
  • Options
    Based on our form pre-Bowyer we'd have lost this. Instead, we got a result. Of course we'd all like to win every week, but equally, we all know that isn't realistic.

We've a game in hand over the 3 teams below us. Six matches left...Bowyer and Jackson should drag us into the Play-Offs.
  • Options

Tough tough run in and three points today would have to some extent mitigated an inevitable defeat at some point. Still in our own hands which is good but it looks very tough to me.

Robinson dire end of reign has done for us I think.

Not over yet though.

A decent enough point today but I fear that @ShootersHillGuru has hit the nail on the head. Hard to believe that 1 point from Robinson’s last 4 games isn’t going to catch up with us, although we’re somehow still in there with a decent shout.

A tough one coming up on Tuesday, though - and on a pitch which probably makes Bristol’s look half decent. We need a full-blooded performance and can at least be confident that, under the present management, we’ll put in a better performance than the lame and half-hearted surrender in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

cabbles said:

Laddick01 said:

Who are they playing a week today?

What odds Novak score anytime?
    Under KR I would’ve been worried. Under Bowyer I’m confident we can win
  • Options
    Pretty disappointed with that after the effort, and first game I’ve seen of the Bow era. Ajose didn’t look all that, Kaikai was ineffective, some others looked complacement and over confident, even our keeper wasn’t his best hopefully it’s a kick up the arse to stop us blowing it.