Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton post match views 7/4/2018

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Always take a point away from home. We're top 6 so very much in our own hands from here.
  • It's a good point away from home. Tough games ahead obviously - let's hope Mavididi gets' up to speed soon. Reeves is looking to be the player we were led to believe him to be, lets' hope it's not too late. As others have said, if Robinson had been in charge we would have lost this one.
  • Didn’t get a chance to follow much but feel a bit more disappointed than what others seem to be. We’ve some very tough games left vs teams all fighting for something. At this stage of the season you need to take advantage against those who in reality are not playing for anything.

Still, at least we didn’t lose which was the first objective.

Rovers still playing for the play offs. As slim as their chances would be, a win today would've left them only 5 points off the play offs.
    5 points from the playoffs is still a big ask with only 5 games to play.

Especially as their next 3 games are Blackburn, Rotherham and Wigan.
  • LenGlover said:

We are now unable to gain automatic promotion mathematically.

Bowyer OUT!

• Oggy Red said:

Didn’t get a chance to follow much but feel a bit more disappointed than what others seem to be. We’ve some very tough games left vs teams all fighting for something. At this stage of the season you need to take advantage against those who in reality are not playing for anything.

Rovers still playing for the play offs. As slim as their chances would be, a win today would've left them only 5 points off the play offs.

They'll believe that they can do it though. My point was more that Rovers aren't just some lower midtable fodder that can be swept aside. If we were gunning for top two then sure we should be beating them but we're in the same "group" of teams that are competing from 5th-12th.
  • Would have lost it to a late goal a couple of weeks ago. A win on Tuesday and its game on.
  • Oggy Red said:

Didn’t get a chance to follow much but feel a bit more disappointed than what others seem to be. We’ve some very tough games left vs teams all fighting for something. At this stage of the season you need to take advantage against those who in reality are not playing for anything.

They'll believe that they can do it though. My point was more that Rovers aren't just some lower midtable fodder that can be swept aside. If we were gunning for top two then sure we should be beating them but we're in the same "group" of teams that are competing from 5th-12th.
    Fair point, Callum. Even though we should have edged it today, Rovers were no pushovers though.
    Still feel we missed a good opportunity to properly consolidate our play off challenge.

• Sponsored links:

• Good point.
    Said on preview potential banana skin but thought 1-1 today.
    After predicting 3-1 home win on monday, I'm on for hat trick Tuesday.
    Come back to planet Earth guys. To think we would win 4 in a row after the shambles of the last 3 months is funny. How do we play our football on a crap pitch ?
    Lee Bowyer has put the pride back in our team, 10 points from 4 matches is superb.
    Keep supporting who ever Bowyer picks.

I never thought we would win promotion under Roland and still don’t think we will even with Bowyer in charge. I would love to be proved wrong. If we can sneak into the plays off and start the journey of getting pride back into the club that would be a very good start for me.

• I mean , the agg I went through to not watch it on iPlayer means we deserve to have won.
    Listened to bits on the radio sounded like a fair result .

Ignoring all results from shittier local clubs in higher leagues aaaaah

60% 3rd-6th .......40% 7th-12th ......

100% Roland OUT
  • edited April 2018
    A rare correct prediction from me, not based on anything much.
    Decent away performance, and we had enough chances to win it.
    Ben Reeves was outstanding - thanks Karl, you were right after all ;-) - He's been getting better with every game.
    What a horrible pitch though, and it produced a fairly substandard game. I was watching on a poor internet connection, but am I right in thinking that Kaikai had a very mixed game? Some very poor crosses and passes from what I could see.
    Didn't see early enough of Zyro and Ajose (although the latter had one great curling effort that could have sealed the win). But with Aribo and Reeves pulling the strings you always felt we were in with a chance of popping up with a goal.
  • Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Always take a point away from home. We're top 6 so very much in our own hands from here.

Win your home games, draw your aways. Normally the maxim to win you promotion.

But we've only 2 homes in our last 6 matches, Len .... so very much need to maximise our returns on the road.
    True. I'd forgotten that.
  • Peterborough and Scunthorpes' goal difference a bit of a worry if it came to it. Although we need to "out point" Portsmouth first. Can't afford to slip up on Tuesday.
  • LenGlover said:

EDIT: For fairness and balance we cannot be relegated either.

But Robinson said we'd never be out of the automatic promotion race ?
  • Gotta be grateful haven't we? Apart from the odd performance this season we have been universally gash (under JTSD). To be in the playoffs after some of the stinkers we have produced.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Move on. We had enough threads about Robinson to last a lifetime.
  • LenGlover said:

Along with all the other trash he used to talk. Anyway, Oxford are reaping the reward of having to listen to his mind numbing bollocks now.
  • Tough tough run in and three points today would have to some extent mitigated an inevitable defeat at some point. Still in our own hands which is good but it looks very tough to me.

Robinson dire end of reign has done for us I think.

Not over yet though.
  • edited April 2018
    I’m with @AFKABartram A good point away from home in a potential banana skin fixture for which we must be grateful. But I have a funny feeling that we may fall just short so this was one I had down as a must win. I hope I’m wrong but if that turns out to be the case then the damage was of course done weeks ago rather than today. Tuesday is now a must win for sure.
  • edited April 2018

Tough tough run in and three points today would have to some extent mitigated an inevitable defeat at some point. Still in our own hands which is good but it looks very tough to me.

Robinson dire end of reign has done for us I think.

Not over yet though.

Yes a tough finish but with the team playing the way they are and creating plenty of chances under Bowyer I am more positive of making the play offs than I was a month ago. And players coming back from injury it’s another bonus.
  • They have their ‘keeper to thank for their point. Rovers were constantly in our face and we were a bit too predictable at times. Their best chances came from our mistakes.
  • Decent support, nice Rovers fans, but what a horrible ground it still is.
    Poor ref again.
    Will need to do much better in our last few games.
    Reeves MOM by a mile.