Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton post match views 7/4/2018

Decent point, and unbeaten under Bowyer.

Over to you.

Comments

• Hard fought game, but can’t help thinking it’s two points dropped with the games we have left to play.
  • Well, you can't win them all, it's still in our own hands , with a game in hand and we're still unbeaten. In Lord Bowyer we trust!
  • Hey ho, we ain't gonna win 'em all. Well done the lads and let's keep the dream alive.

• Not as good as Curbs 1998 run.
    We would have won that 1-0 and Steve Jones would have got the winner.

Seriously, a point is a point, I suppose - but with other playoff pack results going 'wrong' for us late on, not such a decent point.

• edited April 2018
  • Bristol know how to play on that ‘pitch’

When JFC looks like he has two left feet you know somethings wrong.

Reasonable point and still more than in our own hands
  • edited April 2018
    Can't win em all.

• edited April 2018
    ross1 said:

As much as we would like it, we cannot expect to win every game. Just keep us in the top 6 Lee

Pitch didn't suit us at all, if that was the valley we would have won well

I genereally believe we can beat Scunthorpe, Shewsbury, Blackburn and Rochdale,

I think Portsmouth will be hard place to go

AFC because of pitch

Under Robinson we would have lost today.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Hard fought game, but can’t help thinking it’s two points dropped with the games we have left to play.

Not on that pitch it isn’t. Wimbledon should be a tad easier, but every point from now on is gonna have to be hard fought for. Good that we came back from 0-1. Positive.
  • Bristol Rovers were no pushovers so a good point away from home. Still a good chance to be in the top 6 come May.
  • ross1 said:

As much as we would like it, we cannot expect to win every game. Just keep us in the top 6 Lee

Agreed... Lee Bowyer would have been forced to break records to win every game between now and the end of May

Shame we couldnt get a win but was a difficult pitch and reckon there are more winnable games to come
  • A performance that lacked the intensity and quality of other recent games with only Reeves and JFC really standing out. A win was there for the taking and we would have taken the three points were it not for some glaring misses in the first half. I was pleased Stephy got a good run out but he looks well rusty, a shadow of his former self at this stage of his return too fitness.

Definitely feels like 2 points dropped when you look at the upcoming fixtures. This may prove to be critical for our play off chances. Let's hope we can get the win at Wimbledon on Tuesday.
  • edited April 2018
    Edit: 92nd minute :smile: penalty for Plymouth Argyle - experts at winning penalties, the Palace of League 1.

Why don't we win penalties?
    Surely it's a basic tactic to try and draw a foul with a run into the box?

• Six games remaining, win all nine and we're up.

© @Chizz
  • edited April 2018
    Hate to be one of those that blames the pitch but it definitely impacted the way we played today.

Horrible niggly game, Rovers allowed us little time on the ball and with the bobbly nature of the pitch it didn't allow our passing midfield to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Agree with others that said the surface made JFC look like he had two left feet.

There was never a moment where we were truly on top in that match so I'm glad we took a point.
  • We matched all results apart from Rotherham and Plymouth

Cant do much more than that... Rotherham are still catch able, just need to mirror what everyone else does
  • Sponsored links:

• At the business end of the season now - can't lie i'm disappointed we didn't win. On the other hand shows how far we've come in last few weeks - would have been happy with the point under KR and would probably be out of playoff race already.
  • We made them look better than they were and they were shit. Whether it was the poor pitch or the fact that the pitch looked a bit narrow and didn’t give us enough width in our play we still should have got all 3 points out of them today.
  • Oggy Red said:

92nd penalty for Plymouth Argyle - experts at winning penalties, the Palace of League 1.

Why don't we win penalties?
    Surely it's a basic tactic to try and draw a foul with a run into the box?

92 penalties? They've only scored 53 goals this season so they can't be too good at them, even with all that practise ...
    Got me there, Briston lol

92nd minute, of course. Now I'll have to go back and edit it before others come up with yet another witticism :smile:
  • Not a bad point, thought Reeve played well but could at times release a quicker pass. Mav is the only player to do well out of the old system, having more space for his runs as an attacking midfielder, I don't think he is as effective as target man.

we're still in it.
    Llleeeaaabbbuuuurrnn !!!!
  • Thought Reeves was sublime today.
  • Didn’t get a chance to follow much but feel a bit more disappointed than what others seem to be. We’ve some very tough games left vs teams all fighting for something. At this stage of the season you need to take advantage against those who in reality are not playing for anything.

Still, at least we didn’t lose which was the first objective.