Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Brizzle Rovers v Charlton : 7 April 2018

Comments

• Options
    Right, got to take the Grandaughter home now, hopefully go on to win this now!! COYR..
    Early thanks for the updates Chaps :smiley:
  • Options
    Thinking we need to take off Kaikai and put on a right winger. Dijksteel is getting isolated on that right hand side and it's causing problems.

The issue is that we need the numbers in the middle, we're being overrun in the middle of the park as it is. Taking a player from the middle and moving them out wide makes that problem worse.

Could be a situation where 4-5-1 is needed.........
  • Options
    Great time to score at the end of the half, gives times to reset and go for the win in the 2nd!
  • Options
    Shows what actually giving Reeves a run in the team can do!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

We were never gonna maintain all these 2 goal lead minimum scorelines!

Still plenty of time.

#InLordBowyerWeTrust
    Fingers crossed half time will allow changes to mindsets.
    Rest assured that the players will understand a few well-chosen words from the Lord of the Manor better than a million words from the Scouse Chancer.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Right, got to take the Grandaughter home now, hopefully go on to win this now!! COYR..
    Early thanks for the updates Chaps :smiley:

• Options
    Well done neighbour.

First test for Bowyer to win a game from behind.

Reckon he'll pass the test.

C'MON CHARLTON
    C'MON CHARLTON
    C'MON CHARLTON
    C'MON CHARLTON
  • Options
    Not great first half... Rovers sitting v deep and denying space. The Reeves goal came after some neat mesmerising passing. More of that and we'll be ok ... The girls are still hopeful ... but we'll do this.
  • Options
    1-3 win coming up
  • Options
    Get in there - let’s go and win this now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thinking we need to take off Kaikai and put on a right winger. Dijksteel is getting isolated on that right hand side and it's causing problems.

The issue is that we need the numbers in the middle, we're being overrun in the middle of the park as it is. Taking a player from the middle and moving them out wide makes that problem worse.

Could be a situation where 4-5-1 is needed.........

Ask Zyro to drop to right midfield when we don’t have the ball, Reeves tucks in and supports the centre, Kaikai floats out wide left when we don’t have the ball.

No point making a change now, can see Mavididi and Marshall coming on at some point.
  • Options
    6th as it stands, I'd take a point here tbh
  • Options
    Lord Bowyer's Red and White Army!!
  • Options
    Thought Rovers have looked fairly toothless gong forward (as long as we don’t gift them goals) certainly did not deserve to be behind on the balance of play
  • Options
    Wishing the boys on from a very disappointing holiday
  • Options

The difference is, despite a goal against and a dodgy period, we were expecting to get the equaliser.

Agreed - under Fatty we would have negotiated a 2-0 defeat.
  • Options
    The issue here is that the pitch is a fucking bog. We can't do much of what we're good at. Got to hope it keeps drying out, or maybe think about sticking Magennis on

• Options
    A strange half. We have been mostly second best - lethargic, inaccurate passing, losing individual challenges, slow to the second ball - but could have easily had three goals. I would like to see Stephy get a good 25 minutes to run at their back four and I think he'd get at least one goal. He could replace either of the strikers who seem off form despite Ajose's very good effort, or Kaikai on the left.

Would love to be a fly on the wall for Bowyer's half time talk. Let's see if he can fire them up and get a much improved performance second half. If he can, it should be another three points.
  • Options
    God that pitch is awful though... Makes the players look as though they're running through treacle and is slowing the ball down, reckon had that header from Pearce been at the Valley then Amos would have collected it

Rovers have done a good job though, yet switched off going one up and started to concentrating on keeping men behind the ball rather than continuing to take the game to us

With Sercombe meant to be injured I wonder if their game plan was to start him, go 1-0 and then replace him with Broadbent and hope to see out the match - Hope that equaliser has messed them up and that they're there for the taking.

Another brownie point for Bowyer though, losing 1-0 has been an issue this season because we've failed to respond yet we certainly did after the goal went in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

6th as it stands, I'll take three points here tbh

Sorted.
  • Options

Great half-time boost. Can come out second half and batter them bristols :wink:

I have not got the time as I am doing the match thread, but thanks for the thought
  • Options
    Watching on iFollow.

Got out of jail there after a, in the main, poor first half. Pitch is grim but can't use that as an excuse.

Bristol well organised and closing down well also. Passing been really poor so far with Forster-Caskey the main culprit. Shocking defensive error for their goal. Reeves growing into the game and to be fair, we had two good chances just before his goal to draw level.

Kaikai just doesn't do it for me at all. He made one good run in the first five minutes where all he had to do was cut it back for a tap in but instead chose to shoot from an impossible angle. Other than that he's anonymous and really is the weakest link in this starting 11.

Expect a much better second half now and 3 points.
  • Options

6th as it stands, I'd take a point here tbh

Need the win, keep the run going!
  • Options
    I'm following this from the New Forest - 'The Dog's holiday!' believe it or not!
  • Options

Wishing the boys on from a very disappointing holiday

You in the Aleppo Hilton Neil?
  • Options
    How the attitude has changed on here

Positivity

I like it
  • Options

I'm following this from the New Forest - 'The Dog's holiday!' believe it or not!

At least it's not raining.

Well at the moment.
  • Options

1-1 Reeves 45'

Lee's certainly got them shooting from the edge of the box.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!