Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ticket office grumble

124»

Comments

• Options
    Or just get rid of Tony no bollocks and replace him with someone who cares.
  • Options
    It's not just ticket confirmation emails that aren't being delivered to gmail addresses, as I requested a password reminder that took over 24 hours to arrive...
  • Options
    That man is an incompetent little shit.
  • Options

Not a drinking partner of yours then?!
  • Options
    Think they may be having a clamp down on kids tickets being used by adults. I bought the kids half year season tickets, and despite the purchase all going through, a few days later I recived an email for the kids from the ticket office asking for proof of age and unless received the season ticket would not be activated.

They have been on the clubs database since they were both born, both had season tickets from 2013 and the eldest child since 2009. We all stopped getting season tickets from 2016/17 but still continued to purchase match by match (the correct age groups) as this was still saving us money as we were sitting in the cheaper seats compared to our season tickets in the West Lower. I bought all 3 of us half year season tickets in the family stand last year, and have done again this season simply due to price.

Although not happy about having to provide proof due to 1 how secure would the data be held and 2 why did they need proof with how purchase history (we had been paying match by match throughout the season and never once asked)

So I sent off the prof of age, copies of their passports, no response form the club until we got an automated message on Christmas Day telling me I had not sent it in. Only once I had asked them to look into this did they acknowledge they had them and the tickets were now activated.

Surely if the club want to do stuff like kids for a quid they need to come up with better systems than this?
  • Options
    It's a sad state of affairs - not as if we are banged out every week , on the contrary. A supporter buys any sort of season ticket they should be congratulating not providing more barriers....
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Think they may be having a clamp down on kids tickets being used by adults. I bought the kids half year season tickets, and despite the purchase all going through, a few days later I recived an email for the kids from the ticket office asking for proof of age and unless received the season ticket would not be activated.

They have been on the clubs database since they were both born, both had season tickets from 2013 and the eldest child since 2009. We all stopped getting season tickets from 2016/17 but still continued to purchase match by match (the correct age groups) as this was still saving us money as we were sitting in the cheaper seats compared to our season tickets in the West Lower. I bought all 3 of us half year season tickets in the family stand last year, and have done again this season simply due to price.

Although not happy about having to provide proof due to 1 how secure would the data be held and 2 why did they need proof with how purchase history (we had been paying match by match throughout the season and never once asked)

So I sent off the prof of age, copies of their passports, no response form the club until we got an automated message on Christmas Day telling me I had not sent it in. Only once I had asked them to look into this did they acknowledge they had them and the tickets were now activated.

Surely if the club want to do stuff like kids for a quid they need to come up with better systems than this?

Had the same thing. My friend went to The Valley to buy half-season tickets for his grandsons and one for him and me (over 65's). No problem, they did not ask for proof of age etc. Then we both received emails asking for such proof. He did not bother and when he used his ticket against Walsall he had no problem. I scanned a pic of my driving licence and was told I would receive confirmation within 48 hours. Well, that was two weeks ago!
  • Options

He knows his days are numbered so probably just seeing out his time now. From what people say he was never particularly effective.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Had the same thing. My friend went to The Valley to buy half-season tickets for his grandsons and one for him and me (over 65's). No problem, they did not ask for proof of age etc. Then we both received emails asking for such proof. He did not bother and when he used his ticket against Walsall he had no problem. I scanned a pic of my driving licence and was told I would receive confirmation within 48 hours. Well, that was two weeks ago!
    It did not look like they would reply to my original email until I had to chase them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Also, until recently on the payment page they were showing the AMEX logo along with Visa and MasterCard, which I hadn't noticed previously. I tried to pay with AMEX as I get airmails when I use that. It rejected my payment and when I called the ticket office they said it had never accepted AMEX. The lady I spoke to said she would mention it to her supervisor.

AMEX payment might be being denied since transaction charges by companies were forced to stop last year. So if you pay by AMEX the company has to pay the 2.5% charge themselves to the bank. I’d imagine RD and his minions have made sure AMEX is no longer available to save him some more pennies for his shit shoe collection.