Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ticket office grumble

Comments

• Options

Eventually got through. Will collect from north stand office.

For you smug bastards who seem to think this somehow isn’t the result of poor management and instead my fault-

The guy on the phone said that there is an ongoing issue with tickets being mailed to gmail accounts - which explains the problem

- if a company knows this, it would seem logical to me that they could put a note up when you buy tickets to suggest that you enter a non-gmail account (while seeking to solve the overall issue)

But hey... that would just be my way of providing people good service, rather than what I’ve had to endure.... again

So this issue has been known the entire season? I have gmail too so must be why I've had the issue several times. Fucking imbeciles.

Just like last season when the issues with restricted games were happening I call them up and their response was simply
    Ticket office: "its an ongoing issue we're aware of"
    Me "okay, so what are you going to do about it? I'm not paying the extra cost you have to make by paying over the phone"
    Ticket office: "I'll ask my manager if we can knock off that extra cost, we do it on case-by-case basis"

They didn't have a simple solution to get the fee removed for everyone having the issue back then, and its still the same inept people running the ticket office that can't simply warn users of an issue known for half a season.
    Refreshing to have somebody share my outrage at the incompetence rather than telling me it’s my own bloody fault!
  • Options

No you can’t, golfie. You can only print the booking confirmation. You need to wait for the email.

I’m in the same boat as above- ordered 2 tix for tomorrow/today and no email yet.

Same thing once earlier this season, too. Was due to server crash. On that occasion I had to call ticket office and arrange for collection at stadium.

I guess I’ll be doing same in morning

Covered End said:
    » show previous quotes
    It's 03330 14 44 44 and hasn't been premium rate for a couple of seasons(ish).
    Ticket office opens 10am on Saturdays.
    You can scan your phone, if you can get tickets on your phone.

That’s a great attempt at being an apologist for an atrociously broken system that is a symptom of poor management and ownership.

—— I know the number, and while it is standard rate from landlines, costs from mobiles vary and since they are forcing me to call while on my journey (they open at 10am and my train leaves at 10am), I must use my mobile.

I cant scan tickets on my phone as they haven’t emailed them - that’s the problem!

Additionally.... I was just on hold for 15 minutes (at whoever knows what rate) before getting cut off as we were passing through a rural area.... now I’m back at the start of the queue again

All this, when it should have been as easy as hitting the print button last night at home. Bloody ridiculous.

I could just about forgive it the first time it happened this season, but this is now the second time- and I don’t even go to every game.

Really poor service!

Hmmmm... it seems as though I may owe you an apology, then. Your message scanned to me as a bit of a dig/defence of their incompetence.

If you were genuinely just trying to help, my apologies.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

IdleHans said:

I've always found them pretty efficient, but when my Barnsley away tickets arrived, the envelope included two valley travel tickets for A Kennedy, which I didn't notice until I'd arrived at the ground

That was a blow, you could have had a free ride.
    Or was it a close shave @clb74 :wink:
    Me and the coaches are an on going issue.
  • Options

Eventually got through. Will collect from north stand office.

For you smug bastards who seem to think this somehow isn’t the result of poor management and instead my fault-

The guy on the phone said that there is an ongoing issue with tickets being mailed to gmail accounts - which explains the problem

- if a company knows this, it would seem logical to me that they could put a note up when you buy tickets to suggest that you enter a non-gmail account (while seeking to solve the overall issue)

But hey... that would just be my way of providing people good service, rather than what I’ve had to endure.... again

Had the exact same issue. Emailed to me in the early hours long after I'd left the office - no printer at home.

Rang the office twice to explain I needed the tickets before leaving at 6 in the evening - was assured they would. No sign.

Hoping Rymans at LB might print while I wait.

Crap service
  • Options
    Meanwhile, you’ll get some on here telling you - “I got mine alright. Don’t know what you did wrong.” Grrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Posted by Siv on separate thread:

I thought it was worth REALLY emphasising this.

Apparently, there is a long term, on-going issue with using a gmail address when buying print at home tickets from the club website (they arrive days late/never at all).

The club are aware of it, but haven’t put any notifications on the website.

Save yourself hassle and use an alternative email address.

Cheers

Siv
  • Options

IdleHans said:

I've always found them pretty efficient, but when my Barnsley away tickets arrived, the envelope included two valley travel tickets for A Kennedy, which I didn't notice until I'd arrived at the ground

That was a blow, you could have had a free ride.
    ...apart from the fact I live nowhere near SE London and was staying up there overnight for the cheap and decent beer.
    The Arcade Alehouse is highly recommended for our next visit, but it's tiny inside.
  • Options
    Given how many people use Gmail, very surprised nothing has been said on this as the impact must be pretty sizeable
  • Options

Given how many people use Gmail, very surprised nothing has been said on this as the impact must be pretty sizeable

Right! You would have thought so, eh!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Use a gmail account and have issues getting the tickets emailed late.
  • Options
    So I wasn’t freaking making it up!
  • Options
    In the end, (family) went to collect tickets form North stand and they hadn’t been put there for collection. Had to queue in west stand for ages. Got to front and got a grilling about why I hadn’t collected the tickets that had been printed on Saturday morning (as a result of my call.... which was as a result of me not getting the print at home email that should have made this a one minute job).

F-ing joke... and those of you saying how you have no problems and insinuating that I must have made it up (looking at you AFKA and Stig) certainly didn’t help.

Roland OUT!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options

In the end, (family) went to collect tickets form North stand and they hadn’t been put there for collection. Had to queue in west stand for ages. Got to front and got a grilling about why I hadn’t collected the tickets that had been printed on Saturday morning (as a result of my call.... which was as a result of me not getting the print at home email that should have made this a one minute job).

F-ing joke... and those of you saying how you have no problems and insinuating that I must have made it up (looking at you AFKA and Stig) certainly didn’t help.

Roland OUT!

Glad it wasn't just me getting annoyed !
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    At the bottom of the confirmation email...if you get one,open up the PDF (click on the squares) the ticket appears in front of you with barcodes in each corner,so if you are unable to print,just run one of the barcode shown on each ticket under the turnstile scanner,job done or show one of the security at the gates and they will scan it and let you in...so absolutely no need to be doing any printing...hope that helps a little...

& I do appreciate that not everyone has an android phone that this works with...so hoping I'm not teaching peeps to suck eggs,just as said trying to help...
  • Options

At the bottom of the confirmation email...if you get one,open up the PDF (click on the squares) the ticket appears in front of you with barcodes in each corner,so if you are unable to print,just run one of the barcode shown on each ticket under the turnstile scanner,job done or show one of the security at the gates and they will scan it and let you in...so absolutely no need to be doing any printing...hope that helps a little...

& I do appreciate that not everyone has an android phone that this works with...so hoping I'm not teaching peeps to suck eggs,just as said trying to help...

It’s useful to reassure people they can just scan their phone...but my issue today was the lack of bloody confirmation email. Anyway, I’ll say no more on it.
  • Options

I didn't know this before speaking to ticket office Friday that I didn't have to print ticket, just open pdf and hold iphone under turnstile scanner.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Anyone know when Peterborough away tickets are going on sale?

Got a nagging son, who is desperate to go, thank you!

(Match is only 2 weekends away, and apparently it has been on the website, and then taken down?)
  • Options
    Always found the ticket office staff efficient and friendly. Always book tickets on the rare occasions I buy them (usually aways) over the phone as less hassle and more personal.

Good staff let down buy piss poor senior management and new systems then denied earnt bonuses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:

A Kennedy.......would that have been JF or Jack?

• Options
    It was a mess yesterday.

Got in really late. We kept getting told that we couldn't buy tickets on the day.

Then we went somewhere else and it was fine.

Seemed to be the case that no one knew what was going on.

Just weird and unusual.
  • Options

Anyone know when Peterborough away tickets are going on sale?

Got a nagging son, who is desperate to go, thank you!

(Match is only 2 weekends away, and apparently it has been on the website, and then taken down?)

Maybe waiting for the outcome of Peterborough's result in the FA cup,as it's a cup weekend when we are due to play there,as they are now out of the cup,expect the tickets to go on sale in the coming week.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It was a mess yesterday.

Got in really late. We kept getting told that we couldn't buy tickets on the day.

Then we went somewhere else and it was fine.

Seemed to be the case that no one knew what was going on.

Just weird and unusual.

Would of took longer yesterday because people’s details would of needed to be checked as it was a restricted sale game because of Sunderland selling out I would imagine..
  • Options

Another grumble... YET AGAIN I have ordered tickets for a match to print them and no email confirmation with the tickets yet. Fucking useless. Once this season I got the email less than 2hrs before kickoff. Absolute joke that the club still can't get a decent ticketing system online.

That happened to us for the Walsall game. Had to que up to get them printed off at the ticket office. They were very apologetic, and a couple of the girls were top soughts!
  • Options

Yesterday our email attachments wouldn't scan, but the nice fella let us in.
  • Options
    Tomorrow morning @Mendonca In Asdas

🎶 We're all following Charlton... 🎶

Tickets for our trip to Peterborough United later this month will go on sale tomorrow morning 👇
    https://t.co/m5l0YanskM #cafc https://t.co/tKvzhEkPOt
  • Options
    These sorts of problems are an utter aggravation to long suffering committed Addicks, and those affected have my fullest sympathy.

Sorting it needs a high priority on the "TO DO" list for the new owner, and certainly must be resolved before fans commit to any sort of Target 10k push, because new customers - the ones we all hope will soon become lifelong fans - are going to have even less patience with this sort of incompetent carry on than those who are already hooked.

Make it difficult for "newbies" to get their first ticket - or slap an unexpected Katy-tax on it - and there may well not be a second opportunity to get them Addickted.

So I hope that Fans' Forum members and CASTrust have this issue on their list of agenda items for their first meetings with the new owners, be it next week, next summer, or whenever.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

These sorts of problems are an utter aggravation to long suffering committed Addicks, and those affected have my fullest sympathy.

Sorting it needs a high priority on the "TO DO" list for the new owner, and certainly must be resolved before fans commit to any sort of Target 10k push, because new customers - the ones we all hope will soon become lifelong fans - are going to have even less patience with this sort of incompetent carry on than those who are already hooked.

Make it difficult for "newbies" to get their first ticket - or slap an unexpected Katy-tax on it - and there may well not be a second opportunity to get them Addickted.

So I hope that Fans' Forum members and CASTrust have this issue on their list of agenda items for their first meetings with the new owners, be it next week, next summer, or whenever.

Well said!
  • Options
    My confirmation email with print at home tickets for yesterday’s match arrived just now. I bought them on Friday night.

Club told me it’s due to gmail being used as email to send to

I encourage anybody who has had similar issues to post here, so that once it has been established that there IS an issue by CL admin they will allow a separate thread to highlight the issue.

My thread aimed at doing that yesterday was removed.

And, yeah... ticket office staff are always great. The issue clearly resides at management level as this is an issue that has apparently been known about for months, but whatcha isn’t being communicated effectively to, ahem, customers

ROLAND OUT