Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 07 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• On the Bristol Rovers forum, of 15 posters, 13 have gone for an away win, one for the draw and one for a home win.
    I will go 3-1 Charlton.

Home win it is then

• No way he’ll play both Page and DaSilva... I’d give up on that one in the predicted line-ups

Team and bench looking strong, though

COYR

Dunno... He mentions them both in the below article... Unless thats just to say its Dasilva's turn for a rest with Tuesday coming up, and having only returned from injury doesnt want to put too much strain on either

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16139415.charlton-injury-update-tariqe-fosu-ruled-out-for-two-weeks-but-ahmed-kashi-returns/
    Love that he calls him Little Jay. I should have added in my comments above that whichever left back starts tomorrow expect the other will start on Tuesday. Very sensible from Bowyer not to risk Page on Monday. I don't think either of the two are in a position to play twice in four days as we now have cover in that position.

Guys, is this what squad rotation feels like? Is this that thing where you can ease players back in when they come back from injury and make changes to personnel to fit a system and opposition? This feels weird...
  • if it's a regular 442 tomorrow, its Page for Fosu, for me, with Jay in midfield. From the noises that Bowyer has made, I think he might play Kaikai.
  • @SDAddick

Agreed.
    Djiksteel was very unlucky to be dropped after 2 outstanding performances.

Yeah I don't know if he was dropped or rested (sorry if Bowyer said something I missed it). Given he hasn't played a lot of senior football this year I kind of assumed he was rested given there were two games in four days. I really rate Konsa, I thunk he's had an excellent season at CB, but as far as I'm concerned right back is now Dijksteel's to lose.
  • wmcf123 said:

if it's a regular 442 tomorrow, its Page for Fosu, for me, with Jay in midfield. From the noises that Bowyer has made, I think he might play Kaikai.

I still think Kaikai will have a huge impact on our remaining games.
  • 4-0 easy away win - we are the form team in the division... nobody wants to play us at the moment.
    OTT? Maybe... but it's about time we properly tonked a few teams in a row in this pub league.
  • wmcf123 said:

if it's a regular 442 tomorrow, its Page for Fosu, for me, with Jay in midfield. From the noises that Bowyer has made, I think he might play Kaikai.

I still think Kaikai will have a huge impact on our remaining games.
    I think he definitely has ability. And he worked hard on Monday. He just looks like a player who hasn't had regular first team football all season, which is what he is.
  • edited April 2018

3-1 away win, Marshall in for Fosu. only change! COYR
    agree with @palarsehater 4 points from next 2 games is the aim

Six points from the next two games should be the aim.
    100% this.

If we are going to make the play offs, these 2 games are must wins.... Dare I say it, the easiest 2 games of the run in (think Rochdale may need something last game of the season).

0-2 Ajose with both.
  • Need to win. We are on a roll. I think we will.
  • edited April 2018
    Going with Brizzle family so I'll be a bit quiet when our fourth goes in. Hopefully the family will be quiet all day long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wheels fall off. 3-0 defeat, out of the playoffs, Bowyer leaves to manage WBA and 800 doughty away fans lay waste to Filton.
  • It could actually be a game made for Ajose to score. So Magennis hat-trick it is, then.

I think that the current set-up, for the first time in ages, has a team playing for each other and generally up for it.

Worryingly, I'm reasonably confident that we will win, though we may concede one or two...
  • SDAddick said:

Wheels fall off. 3-0 defeat, out of the playoffs, Bowyer leaves to manage WBA and 800 doughty away fans lay waste to Filton.

Thank you, all this optimism was starting to make me feel deeply uncomfortable.
    All the optimism was making me think i was on the wrong board!
  • It could actually be a game made for Ajose to score. So Magennis hat-trick it is, then.

I think that the current set-up, for the first time in ages, has a team playing for each other and generally up for it.

Worryingly, I'm reasonably confident that we will win, though we may concede one or two...

Make your mind up mate.
    What's it gonna be:)
  • A close game and probably great entertainment, would hope for a narrow away win 2-3 perhaps...
  • If our players can continue to play without pressure then we might get a win. However away from home I'll take a draw every time in most circumstances.
  • I think we will need Page at LB for the Wobbles who play long ball, so JDS for Bristol with Djiksteel at RB. Then Konsa returns on Tuesday. I think we will win at Bristol, so long as no-one is sent off.
  • think the standing areas are uncovered not so great if we get a soaking
  • We are very confident right now but Bristol Rovers is a tough place to go. I still think it will be a tough ask to make the play offd but I live in hope. Don't be fooled by their manager writing off their chances, not yet. 1-1 and a good point. But will it be enough come early May?
  • Sponsored links:

• On the Bristol Rovers forum, of 15 posters, 13 have gone for an away win, one for the draw and one for a home win.
    I will go 3-1 Charlton.

Home win it is then

Sounds a bit like us before the Plymouth game.
  • Rovers have been very poor in the last 3 matches against CAFC.
    Could be a potential banana skin.
    1-1
    Followed by win at Wimbledon.
  • edited April 2018
  • Pub before game?
  • I'm glad it appears that Anfernee will be playing tomorrow. It feels even better to be able to rotate, a fresh Konsa in midweek would be fantastic to be able to bring into the team.

Same goes for JDS and Page.

My team would be the same as the Northampton/Plymouth games but with Mavididi in place of Fosu. It would seem that Kaikai will most likely get the nod instead with Mav ready to make an impact of the bench once again.
  • Having a cup of tea and a bowl of cereal before setting off to meet up with my niece (Millwall), her husband (Brizzle), and baby (undecided, but it's safe buying him blue and white items as well as the odd bit of red to wind them both up) who live just north of Bristol. Then on to the pub with the husband before posh seats in the main stand for the main event.

A performance that gets anywhere near last year's will be very welcome.

Onwards and upwards with Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer.