Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Ajose - pg 6, loaned to Mansfield for remainder of season

Comments

• He wasn’t very good and didn’t appear to apply himself but it’s not his fault that Charlton bought him and paid over the odds in fee and wages. Don’t blame him rather than Meire
  • edited June 2019
    Danny, Akpo's game (Exeter?) when we were down to nine men was one of my top ten strikers games alongside Lisbie Vs Liverpool and Clive at Wembley, Killer, Yann and Melrose. Didn't score but chasing down your own flick-ons. Quality.
  • Danny, Akpo's game (Exeter?) when we were down to nine men was one of my top ten strikers games alongside Lisbie Vs Liverpool and Clive at Wembley, Killer, Yann and Melrose. Didn't score but chasing down your own flick-ons. Quality.
    Swindon wasn't it? Desmond? Lirera scoring in injury time?

Anyway as you say he was superb in that game. 
  • Tresor Kandol is the one I can't deal with
    I might be dreaming but I thought he scored twice at The Valley in one match?

That said I still wasn't particularly impressed. Him and Dickson in the Championship on one occasion wasn't it or have I made that up?
  • LenGlover said:
    Tresor Kandol is the one I can't deal with

That said I still wasn't particularly impressed. Him and Dickson in the Championship on one occasion wasn't it or have I made that up?
    Or was it a terrible nightmare?
  • LenGlover said:

Nah he scored twice away @ Walsall but that was as good as it got for him
  • I can never hate someone that scores against Millwall. 

Good luck in your next move Ajose
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    I can never hate someone that scores against Millwall. 

Well there arent many players who have done it for us in the last 10-years

Nicky Ajose | Alou Diarra | Deon Burton | Nicky Bailey | Steve Morrison
  • edited June 2019
    LenGlover said:

Scored twice v Watford at The Valley and we lost 3-2.

Kandol and Dickson definitely played up front together in a very rare home win (2-0 v Plymouth).

• Stewart said:

I like them all, all great players in my eyes. 
  • Stewart said:
    Stewart said:

I know I have lost touch recently but I a certain that Steve Morrison has not played for us.
  • Stewart said:
    Stewart said:

I know I have lost touch recently but I a certain that Steve Morrison has not played for us.
    Scored for us though in the 4-4 draw
  • Nicky signed for Exeter City yesterday
  • Solly connection, he's good mates with Matty Taylor so maybe he put a word in for him.

If he knuckles down he'll get goals at that level.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Solly connection, he's good mates with Matty Taylor so maybe he put a word in for him.

Hmmmmm. Matt Taylor was a "leave everything on the pitch" type of player.

Ajose's lackadaisical manner may grate on Matt. Unless Ajose scores a bucketful, I can see it all ending in tears...
  • edited July 2019
    My best memory of Ajose was the goal he scored in that huge 2-1 win over Pompey at Fratton Park in December.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Solly connection, he's good mates with Matty Taylor so maybe he put a word in for him.

Hmmmmm. Matt Taylor was a "leave everything on the pitch" type of player.

Ajose's lackadaisical manner may grate on Matt. Unless Ajose scores a bucketful, I can see it all ending in tears...
    Yep can't see Matt suffering him too kindly 
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont think he was as bad as people made out.
  • edited June 2020
    Just been looking through the expected Exeter City squad for tonight's play-off final game and noticed is he listed as a likely sub for them. He hasn't really seemed to pull up any trees for them this season although it appears he was out for quite a while before lock down injured. Even so I am somewhat surprised he wasn't able to cut it at league 2 level when he did play, I always thought he would come good at some point! Good luck to him tonight anyway I hope he gets a run out. 
  • Interesting to see on Wikipedia he's made more appearances for us than anyone else in his career
  • Nicky Ajose is, and always has been, shit.  He thought he was the bollocks based on one season where he bagged a lot of tap-ins for Swindon.

He has scored 83 goals since 2010 and he got 24 of those in one season at Swindon

so 59 goals in 9 years

He is a "striker" as he is not a great assist maker.  But as a striker he is pants

Note - He will score the winner tonight in injury time
  • always seemed like a proper lazy bastard to me. No way he’d be in a bowyer side, always strolling around mostly offside hoping for a thousand crosses from which he would score 10
  • Interesting to see on Wikipedia he's made more appearances for us than anyone else in his career
    That's not quite true as he's played most games for Swindon albeit in three different spells. The fact that he's had 13 clubs by the age of 28 does rather tell a story though.
  • One of the most disinterested players I've seen in a Charlton shirt.
    Not at all surprised to see him as a bit part player at Exeter. 
  • certainly didn't help his confidence much when we started to sing "Ohh, Nicky is Pony" 
    tbf i used to join in. 

think us getting him for a large amount of money, 800 thousand i think, made him believe he was a much better player than he actually was. 
  • Scored the winner at the best away day in years. People think he's lazy but his intelligent runs constantly opened up space for other players coming forward.