Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Ajose - pg 6, loaned to Mansfield for remainder of season

Comments

• Oggy Red said:

72'
    Substitution, Mansfield Town. Danny Rose replaces Nicky Ajose.

And so ends Ajose's debut for Division 2 Mansfield.

Hope he did his strut as he walked off.
  • Ajose missed an absolute sitter. 2 yards out and spooned it over. It’s on Sky sports news this morning

• In the highlights it looks like he was playing wide left.

His chance that went over the bar he was simply caught wrong footed. Certainly looks his level from those highlights though.
  • Surprised there was no mention of Ajose getting Mansfield's first goal today as they came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Colchester

Was neat tap in for him
  • Surprised there was no mention of Ajose getting Mansfield's first goal today as they came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Colchester

Was neat tap in for him

He's very good at being in the right place at the right time.

But then poacher/fox in the box is his game.

• From the PA match report:

Colchester keeper Rene Gilmartin foiled Mal Benning just before half-time, but Mansfield pulled a goal back soon after the break when Ajose chested in Tyler Walker's cross from close range.

The Stags then equalised when Walker side-footed home from Jorge Grant's pass.

And Mansfield completed their superb turnaround with 11 minutes left through CJ Hamilton, who prodded home in the six-yard box after Ajose's pass had caught the home defence napping.

Was neat tap in for him

On our matchday thread by me
  • Would it be out of the question for Ajose to be recalled while we're still in January to cover Taylor's ban if not overturned and then loan him back out to Mansfield once the ban is served? Assuming we don't bring anybody else in on loan yet that is?
  • I still don’t understand loaning him out, unless we are getting someone better in, say from a division above.

Even then, like Zyro, I’d rather Ajose, who has been around the squad for a while.

Keep the squad settled to the end of the season I’d say.
  • yesterday .. scored one, made one with a superb pass .. hope he does well for the Stags
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t know why but I got the impression he wasn’t very popular amongst the rest of the squad
  • edited January 2019

I don’t know why but I got the impression he wasn’t very popular amongst the rest of the squad

Maybe because no one wanted to pass to him and he rarely smiled, generally looking surly ?
  • I don’t know why but I got the impression he wasn’t very popular amongst the rest of the squad

If you look at his goal and assist yesterday for Mansfield he was hardly among the celebrations either for a big game like that. Could point to that he has some social issues.

Cracking assist for their winner either way yesterday, but we all knew his positioning and passing was never an issue
  • Ajose returned to Charlton injured 5 weeks ago & was said to be out for 4-6 weeks.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/mansfield-must-manage-without-nicky-ajose/
  • Ajose returned to Charlton injured 5 weeks ago & was said to be out for 4-6 weeks.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/sport/mansfield-must-manage-without-nicky-ajose/
    Parker is better
  • Ajose is on the bench for Mansfield tonight (9/5) in the 1st play off game .. bad news ? .. he won't be available for us on Sunday ((:>)
  • Ajose is on the bench for Mansfield tonight (9/5) in the 1st play off game .. bad news ? .. he won't be available for us on Sunday ((:>)
    That is good news.
    Not bad news.
    That is good news.
    Not bad news.
    hence the 'smiley' at the end .. errrrrrrrr .. I was attempting irony
    That is good news.
    Not bad news.
    hence the 'smiley' at the end .. errrrrrrrr .. I was attempting irony
    Ok mate .my mistake.  😁
  • His first appearance in the squad for 2 months, maybe he'll also get to Wembley!
  • Sponsored links:

• He was toilet, and we spent a fortune on him. If I recall correctly, the noises coming out of the club at the time suggested that he wasn't Russell Slade's choice, which presumably means that Driesen identified him as the next Thierry Henry and Katrien then stepped in to negotiate a heavily-inflated fee and an excessively expensive contract.
  • So L2 Mansfield don't want him back.
  • So L2 Mansfield don't want him back.
    Not even Swindon want him back ... 
  • 1 decent season in his career and loads were tap-ins

useless player and bad attitude to boot

wont be missed 
  • I saw Ajose on his debut, pre-season friendly at Welling.  Despite scoring a hat-trick of two-yard tap-ins, he looked all wrong for a proper striker: far too lightweight.  Also making his debut was Lee Novak, who looked all wrong for quite different reasons: clumsy, slow in mind and body.

We have signed some absolute turkeys in recent years.
  • I saw Ajose on his debut, pre-season friendly at Welling.  Despite scoring a hat-trick of two-yard tap-ins, he looked all wrong for a proper striker: far too lightweight.  Also making his debut was Lee Novak, who looked all wrong for quite different reasons: clumsy, slow in mind and body.

We have signed some absolute turkeys in recent years.
    I still have nightmares about Akpo 
  • Lazy useless bastard who robbed us blind.
  • Tresor Kandol is the one I can't deal with