Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eric Bristow Dies

Comments

• Options
    2 greats in 2 days. Unbelievable.
    RIP Eric.
  • Options
    RIP Crafty Cockney. Fantastic player and a great character. Very sad.
  • Options
    RIP Eric.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Crikey. That is sad news. Saw him at a pub in Elmers End a few years ago.
  • Options
    How shocking another big big part of our collective upbringing.

RIP the crafty cockney.
  • Options
    Very moving watching the darts earlier. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Absolutely gutting. Playing in a darts comp earlier and the room fell silent when we heard the news. RIP Eric you will be missed big time.
  • Options
    Very sad news big part of my childhood song as both my mum dad and brother absolutely love the sport and played it constantly in doors and in midweek leagues locally

Remember having flights on my dads darts that had crafty cockney and a cartoon of Eric on them

I guess the lifestyle caught up with him in the end

RIP big man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP. I was Bristow as a kid playing darts. He was the character everyone remembered, and some classics with John Lowe. Seems like my childhood greats are dropping like flies right now.
  • Options
    RIP Eric, condolences to family and friends
  • Options
    RIP Eric
  • Options
    RIP Eric as @nth london addick said Eric was a big part of our childhood met him quite a few times as I got older and played around the darts circuit he wasn't to everyone's taste but he was a London County legend and a hero of mine will be missed
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP
  • Options
    Bumped into him once on a tube when we were playing Leyton Orient in the late 70's...sure it was the game we drew 0-0 and the point meant we stayed up....Anyway he gave these kids aged about 14=15 his autograph and all they had to sign it on was a fag packet.
  • Options
    RIP Eric
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad news, the only person who got me to watch darts. R.I.P. Eric, far too young.
  • Options
    I loved watching Eric. RIP x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Eric. Bristow and Butch a year apart in age, a week apart in death, both from heart attacks, sporting professionals whose livestyles could not have been more different.
  • Options
    RIP Eric - another one, no age at all.
  • Options
    RIP...really enjoyed the darts in the 80's and he was one of the very big characters of that era.
  • Options
    reckon him and jocky are chucking the arrows up there
  • Options
    Really sad news, some time ago watched a TV programme about him.
    I believe that he made darts become as popular as it is now.
    Fantastic personality, such a great loss.
    Condolences to his family at this sad time!
  • Options
    Shame. RIP Crafty Cockney.
  • Options
    RIP Eric
    Met him a few times and a nice bloke who always had time for a chat and also spoke exactly how he felt
  • Options
    Apparently lived off of beer,fags and curry and was only 60.
    RIP Eric.
  • Options
    RIP. Goodbye to a legend.