Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danson stables pub

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Sounds like you're better going up a couple if junctions on A2 to the Jacobean Barn, I went in there a few times when it first opened and it was quite nice
  • Options
    Agreed with all above. What a massive let down. I've been twice and not for about 7 years now because it was shit. Probably fine for a drink though.

Another one that always disappoints with a roast is the Anchor at the bottom of Shooters Hill. Rubbish roast dinners. I nearly broke my tooth on a roast potato the other year, it was late in the day though. I'm sure the rest of the menu is fine but ill always avoid it now.
  • Options
    1905 said:

About 5 years ago I had a terrible experience - all of what has been posted above but in one sitting. After complaining to the brewery I was told to introduce myself to the new manager on my next visit and claim a complimentary meal. That experience was even worse, I have never left a place feeling so angry (except the Valley nearly every time we play our loveable neighbours)

So you went to a restaurant and had shit food.
    Complained and got invited back for a freebie.
    Had shit food again and it made you angry.

personally would have wrote it off, rather than thinking I had had it off by being offered a freebie.
  • Options
    Head to The Lion Inn at Farningham. Top drawer.
  • Options

Head to The Lion Inn at Farningham. Top drawer.

We went to The Poacher and Partridge in Tudeley nr Tonbridge last weekend, we’ll wort a visit.
  • Options

1905 said:

About 5 years ago I had a terrible experience - all of what has been posted above but in one sitting. After complaining to the brewery I was told to introduce myself to the new manager on my next visit and claim a complimentary meal. That experience was even worse, I have never left a place feeling so angry (except the Valley nearly every time we play our loveable neighbours)

personally would have wrote it off, rather than thinking I had had it off by being offered a freebie.
    Not at all. Sounds like They had a bad experience so The restaurant said, come again so we can show you that was an anomaly but the second meal was poor too.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Had quite a pleasant time there with my wife recently. Only had drinks and snacks, but the service was pretty quick. Could have been more friendly.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Had quite a pleasant time there with my wife recently. Only had drinks and snacks, but the service was pretty quick. Could have been more friendly.

"They gave me the drinks I paid for. And pretty quickly too."

Probably the minimum I'd be after, to be honest.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

1905 said:

Not at all. Sounds like They had a bad experience so The restaurant said, come again so we can show you that was an anomaly but the second meal was poor too.

This is the same as we experienced, the thing on the revisit we informed them beforehand that we were visiting due to their poor service and we would be using vouchers that they had supplied. Thinking they would put out all the stops, guess what it was the same old shite. Never been back and the place never enters our minds as somewhere to eat.
  • Options

It's way below average. Last time i was there, there was a huge great steaming turd in front of the entrance. Staff happy to leave it there.

Was it on the menu?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a meal there before and was in keeping with other people's views; poor.

That said we hired their side room for our boys 1st birthday. Was really surprised with the buffet food as it was great. Perhaps they used different caterers for that
  • Options
    Agree the boathouse carvery on a Sunday is excellent.
  • Options
    It's chavtastic.