Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/9 Season Ticket Update

13»

Comments

• Options
    cafcfan said:

When in the month does the staff get paid?

12th sounds a bit of a finger in the air but if that gives say 2 weeks to get some additional income in so that Roland doesn’t have to personally fork out so much to pay the monthly wage bill, that may be the logic behind it

I think the money belongs in the next financial years accounts in any case.

We'd have to sell a lot of season tickets to cover £750k in wages plus all the win bonuses they must be getting.

Personally, i think they have delayed as long as possible there being no leadership and finally someone senior has realised they have to do something (pretty sure the ticket office staff knew all along).

it is a mess because the senior management is a mess.

My fear is that they will jut repeat the same pricing as last year which was over complicated and in some cases overpriced.

But who in a senior position at the club could work out a more sensible pricing model?
    That’s not my point @Henry Irving i probably wasn’t being clear. Every month (let’s say on the 28th) the club forks out £900k in wages (guess). Over the course of the month the club accumulates 200k from Match day and non match day income, leaving a shortfall of 700k that Roland has to transfer / loan to the clubs account (which he then charges interest on).

In my opinion there is a chance he is saying “I’m not loaning another 700k if I don’t have to”. So if 300k gets brought onto the club’s account between the 12th to the 27th from ST sales, he’s then looking at only having to transfer 400k for the end April wage bill.

Yes, it will marked off the annual accounts / projected income to buyer, but in real terms, it’s potentially saving Roland a few hundred grand he may have to find again in a few weeks.

Or am I way off with this?
    When you put season tickets on sale most people who renew early do so in the last week before the deadline. I doubt if the total that would renew under RD would reach £1m. I'm guessing they will have a deadline of about May 7th to try to game the play-offs if we reach them, i.e. the threat of price increases if the team is promoted. An initial period much shorter than that would be crazy, which is possibly why they are fixated on April 12th. It leaves about a month to the first play-off.

Correct - for a normal year. But this time round, upon a change of ownership, there will be a significant number - including me - who have refused to give Roland money for the last couple of seasons but would be very keen indeed to get their old seat back. They would be looking to make an early purchase to maximise the chance of achieving that.
    Good point, thanks for the heads up, I’m renewing on 12th April, I like my new seat...
  • Options

Get your pounds down quick and give yourself a chance to thank Roland for his wonderful leadership of our club before he departs

I know you talk in jest but on one of the Facebook groups the other day a guy was saying that if we get promoted we must thank Roland, Katrien and Robinson who masterminded the whole damn lot of it.

There really are some odd people who support our club.
  • Options

Get your pounds down quick and give yourself a chance to thank Roland for his wonderful leadership of our club before he departs

I know you talk in jest but on one of the Facebook groups the other day a guy was saying that if we get promoted we must thank Roland, Katrien and Robinson who masterminded the whole damn lot of it.

There really are some odd people who support our club.
    They must be on a wind up or genuinely brain dead.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Maybe i'm reading this incorrectly, but isn't the ticket office closed on Thursdays?
  • Options

Maybe i'm reading this incorrectly, but isn't the ticket office closed on Thursdays?

Think you can get tickets from the club shop now but not by phone on Thursday afternoon.

I still don’t understand what they mean by “launch”.
    Will they go on sale next Thursday or just release details.
    I suppose a lot depends on how fast Leanne on reception is with her tippex and last years left over application packs.
  • Options
    Complete madness, must of come from Roland himself
  • Options
    Dont care about the deadline or increased prices. Not buying till he's gone (my seat in lower west has been available for the past two years of me not renewing).
  • Options
    So prices are increasing and they are partly blaming this on terrorism. Excellent.
  • Options
    I got confused by the blue and purple and thought that they'd made the lower north the most expensive past of the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Take it to the new thread...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!