Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/9 Season Ticket Update

Comments

• Options

When in the month does the staff get paid?

12th sounds a bit of a finger in the air but if that gives say 2 weeks to get some additional income in so that Roland doesn’t have to personally fork out so much to pay the monthly wage bill, that may be the logic behind it

Last possible day.
  • Options

12th sounds a bit of a finger in the air but if that gives say 2 weeks to get some additional income in so that Roland doesn’t have to personally fork out so much to pay the monthly wage bill, that may be the logic behind it

I think the money belongs in the next financial years accounts in any case.

We'd have to sell a lot of season tickets to cover £750k in wages plus all the win bonuses they must be getting.

Personally, i think they have delayed as long as possible there being no leadership and finally someone senior has realised they have to do something (pretty sure the ticket office staff knew all along).

it is a mess because the senior management is a mess.

My fear is that they will jut repeat the same pricing as last year which was over complicated and in some cases overpriced.

But who in a senior position at the club could work out a more sensible pricing model?
    Lianne on Reception?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

It seems simple enough to me.

Buy an ST before the takeover and the money goes straight into Duchatelet’s pocket. Wait and the money goes to new owners to invest in the team.

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

That's not how it works. The price for the club will be adjusted for any season ticket income, as that relates to the next financial year.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Buy an ST before the takeover and the money goes straight into Duchatelet’s pocket. Wait and the money goes to new owners to invest in the team.

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

If were that close to a takeover ie next couple of months and the new owners have not sorted out what happens to the season ticket money then i do wonder
  • Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

That's not how it works. The price for the club will be adjusted for any season ticket income, as that relates to the next financial year.

Yes but if no takeover happens and RD is still the owner this time next year those that purchase are giving him their money.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Personally I don’t think those that have boycotted should be able to buy a season ticket! *using fb logic* ;)
  • Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

Yes but if no takeover happens and RD is still the owner this time next year those that purchase are giving him their money.
    At this stage it has to be assumed that the takeover will happen. RD is clearly not interested in football any more, so it's a matter of when rather than if we are sold

• Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

At this stage it has to be assumed that the takeover will happen. RD is clearly not interested in football any more, so it's a matter of when rather than if we are sold

I admire your optimism, personally I am not convinced especially now we are doing well on the pitch. You are not dealing with a rational business man when you are dealing with RD, that has clearly been shown in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We'd have to sell a lot of season tickets to cover £750k in wages plus all the win bonuses they must be getting.

Personally, i think they have delayed as long as possible there being no leadership and finally someone senior has realised they have to do something (pretty sure the ticket office staff knew all along).

My fear is that they will jut repeat the same pricing as last year which was over complicated and in some cases overpriced.

But who in a senior position at the club could work out a more sensible pricing model?
    I would imagine from an accounting perspective, the income would be recognised over the length of the season, even if that straddles two accounting periods.

But cash is cash and from a cash flow perspective, AFKA could have a legitimate point.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

I admire your optimism, personally I am not convinced especially now we are doing well on the pitch. You are not dealing with a rational business man when you are dealing with RD, that has clearly been shown in the past.
    Lets face it Mike, i dont think anyone including Roland knows whats going to happen.
  • Options

Tony
  • Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

You have more confidence than I do in the trustworthiness and straight-dealing of Duchatlet and his minions in the contractual negotiations. I see cash going straight in to line his pockets or to cover some of the expenses arising from his dicking around with the sale.
  • Options
    The statement appears to be aimed less at fans and more at the prospective buyers, giving them an ultimatum to settle the deal or accept no say in setting season ticket terms.
  • Options

The statement appears to be aimed less at fans and more at the prospective buyers, giving them an ultimatum to settle the deal or accept no say in setting season ticket terms.

A new owner comes in and rejigs the season ticket prices.

Assuming they are less than published then refund the difference to fans who have already bought one.
  • Options

Tony
    Free burger with every season ticket.
  • Options
    It's good to get any news about the season tickets.

A few weeks ago I was not going to renew mine, but I have had a change of heart.
    The more fans we get inside the Valley, the better it must surely be for Lee Bowyer and the team.
    10,000 or 12,000 cheering the team on has got to be better than 6,000 or 7,000
  • Options

Davo55 said:

“HOLD ON TIL HE’S GONE”

Actually Roland is a fairly rational businessman, he wouldn't have made so much money otherwise. It's in his politics and the way he ran the football clubs where he went a bit weird (to be generous)

As for Season Tickets, it seems strange to me to put them on sale before the club is sold, as the new owners would surely have their own ideas but I guess the club can't wait for ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I picked me mum’s birthday for the takeover day because mine, my dad’s and my son’s were all taken.

April 10th.
  • Options

That’s not my point @Henry Irving i probably wasn’t being clear. Every month (let’s say on the 28th) the club forks out £900k in wages (guess). Over the course of the month the club accumulates 200k from Match day and non match day income, leaving a shortfall of 700k that Roland has to transfer / loan to the clubs account (which he then charges interest on).

In my opinion there is a chance he is saying “I’m not loaning another 700k if I don’t have to”. So if 300k gets brought onto the club’s account between the 12th to the 27th from ST sales, he’s then looking at only having to transfer 400k for the end April wage bill.

Yes, it will marked off the annual accounts / projected income to buyer, but in real terms, it’s potentially saving Roland a few hundred grand he may have to find again in a few weeks.

Or am I way off with this?
  • Options
    Renew early otherwise the boycott boys will nip in and steal your seat as they have cash hanging out of their pockets. :-)
  • Options

That’s not my point @Henry Irving i probably wasn’t being clear. Every month (let’s say on the 28th) the club forks out £900k in wages (guess). Over the course of the month the club accumulates 200k from Match day and non match day income, leaving a shortfall of 700k that Roland has to transfer / loan to the clubs account (which he then charges interest on).

In my opinion there is a chance he is saying “I’m not loaning another 700k if I don’t have to”. So if 300k gets brought onto the club’s account between the 12th to the 27th from ST sales, he’s then looking at only having to transfer 400k for the end April wage bill.

Yes, it will marked off the annual accounts / projected income to buyer, but in real terms, it’s potentially saving Roland a few hundred grand he may have to find again in a few weeks.

You may be right @AFKABartram but not sure it would be enough in any case.

• Options

When you put season tickets on sale most people who renew early do so in the last week before the deadline. I doubt if the total that would renew under RD would reach £1m. I'm guessing they will have a deadline of about May 7th to try to game the play-offs if we reach them, i.e. the threat of price increases if the team is promoted. An initial period much shorter than that would be crazy, which is possibly why they are fixated on April 12th. It leaves about a month to the first play-off.

• Options

I agree with the theory you put out there. I've thought for a while RD would stop funding us at some point from his own pocket which is why I thought Konsa would have been on his way in January to fund us for the rest of the season without having to inject any more of his own cash while RD drags out the sale of the club at his own pace to try and get the price he wants.

If he planned on still being here after Easter then why did he not cash in on Konsa or anyone else?

But yes I agree whatever he can get through the till will just reduce what he actually puts in from his own pocket between now and selling up and probably had this in mind as soon as KM left, but again we come back to the lack of sales in January - why?
  • Options

When you put season tickets on sale most people who renew early do so in the last week before the deadline. I doubt if the total that would renew under RD would reach £1m. I'm guessing they will have a deadline of about May 7th to try to game the play-offs if we reach them, i.e. the threat of price increases if the team is promoted. An initial period much shorter than that would be crazy, which is possibly why they are fixated on April 12th. It leaves about a month to the first play-off.

Correct - for a normal year. But this time round, upon a change of ownership, there will be a significant number - including me - who have refused to give Roland money for the last couple of seasons but would be very keen indeed to get their old seat back. They would be looking to make an early purchase to maximise the chance of achieving that.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

I agree with the theory you put out there. I've thought for a while RD would stop funding us at some point from his own pocket which is why I thought Konsa would have been on his way in January to fund us for the rest of the season without having to inject any more of his own cash while RD drags out the sale of the club at his own pace to try and get the price he wants.

If he planned on still being here after Easter then why did he not cash in on Konsa or anyone else?

But yes I agree whatever he can get through the till will just reduce what he actually puts in from his own pocket between now and selling up and probably had this in mind as soon as KM left, but again we come back to the lack of sales in January - why?
    Probably because he’s taking the Konsa fee whatever and whenever as part of the deal? He’ll just add £5m to the price.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!