Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help needed for this young lad.

Comments

• Missed this - what a great picture. Heartwarming.
  • edited April 2018
    Just donated £25 - still seems a fair way to go.
  • My brother has just donated £25.
  • edited April 2018
    I just been told the Radio station has just been in touch to spec the chair needed by TJ and hopefully followed by a realistic quote. Someone on here is also helping in the same way and dealing with Melissa directly. Thanks @MuttleyCAFC
  • Maybe this thread could have a sticky put on it?
  • donation made good luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Ray, Bailey and Valli for completing the 10mile walk.....so proud xxx
  • made a donation last week. Good to see its going well.
  • T_C_E said:

Just a quick update on TJ.............
    Just been told, his new wheels have been ordered and Melissa is crying again. ;)

Great news.

Do you know how things are progressing on sourcing the bed TJ also needs?
  • T_C_E said:

Just been told, his new wheels have been ordered and Melissa is crying again. ;)

Great news.

I don't, the last update I had was someone/people from here were trying to help with grants (I believe) and the local radio station that got involved have utilised their resources and are trying to get grants. I have spoke to Melissa and she will bring the family to The Valley next season to meet and thank those that helped from here. Obviously with TJ's requirements it will take some organising but without you all he would be nowhere near getting a chair let alone what has been raised towards the bed so I know she wants to do it. :)
  • T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

Great news.

I don't, the last update I had was someone/people from here were trying to help with grants (I believe) and the local radio station that got involved have utilised their resources and are trying to get grants. I have spoke to Melissa and she will bring the family to The Valley next season to meet and thank those that helped from here. Obviously with TJ's requirements it will take some organising but without you all he would be nowhere near getting a chair let alone what has been raised towards the bed so I know she wants to do it. :)
    Thanks. Fingers crossed that some grant money sorts that out. Kudos for a brilliant job in highlighting Melissa's plight and getting her help.
  • T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

Great news.

Thanks. Fingers crossed that some grant money sorts that out. Kudos for a brilliant job in highlighting Melissa's plight and getting her help.
    Thanks, but I just came on here asking for help and advice on how we could point Melissa in the right direction. Then, Charlton fans took over. :)
  • It's what the Lifers do. So many generous heroes on here.
  • masicat said:

Melissa emailed me tonight. I put her case forward to a charity called 52 Lives. She has been accepted and they are going to make her one of their lives. www.52-lives.org. Should make a real difference.

Fantastic news
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:

Melissa emailed me tonight. I put her case forward to a charity called 52 Lives. She has been accepted and they are going to make her one of their lives. www.52-lives.org. Should make a real difference.

what a great charity, had never heard of them before. well done for getting them to help.
  • masicat said:

Wow well done masicat. That is excellent.
  • Excellent. Very well done @masicat
  • Great news. Well done.
  • Brilliant work @masicat

Well done squire
  • She’ll start crying again :)
  • Brilliant news well done masicat and TCE.
  • Yes, excellent work @masicat.
  • As an aside to this, it looks as though the radio station that sponsors my dogs has found another benefactor prepared to help in some way. Melissa is working so hard, everything from selling sweets to walking over the O2. A wonderful lady and true inspiration.
  • Only just seen this. Happy to make a donation and hope the little man gets everything he needs.

To everyone that has gone above and beyond donating, you're an inspiration.