Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton caretaker boss Lee Bowyer to remain in charge until end of season

1235»

Comments

• Options

“With no confirmation of the much talked about takeover of Charlton Athletic, the current ownership has been in London this week to make provisional decisions to allow the club to best prepare for the start of the 2018/19 campaign.

“The club’s ownership remain very hopeful of the takeover but felt it could not be left any longer to make key decisions with the season fast approaching and the players due back for pre-season at the end of the month.”

Bizarre language. Has the comms team been replaced by a robot? Or perhaps a Belgian?

Or the same person who did the statement of hate after the boro game.
  • Options

“With no confirmation of the much talked about takeover of Charlton Athletic, the current ownership has been in London this week to make provisional decisions to allow the club to best prepare for the start of the 2018/19 campaign.

“The club’s ownership remain very hopeful of the takeover but felt it could not be left any longer to make key decisions with the season fast approaching and the players due back for pre-season at the end of the month.”

Bizarre language. Has the comms team been replaced by a robot? Or perhaps a Belgian?

Weird, meaning unique {...}
  • Options
    At least it's some form of communication at last
  • Options
    yes strangely worded. Surely you would use Roland Duchatelet instead of ownership.
  • Options

yes strangely worded. Surely you would use Roland Duchatelet instead of ownership.

Probably afraid of the sack.
  • Options
    Yes (little tick shows it’s been verified as the clubs official Twitter account)
  • Options
    Didn't @JamesSeed (in one of his many informative posts) mention that the Aussie's had been meeting potential managers. It's possible that Bowyer was their choice and RD has agreed to put him in place whilst the takeover is finalised. Or they have instigated it so that we can start preparing.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Didn't @JamesSeed (in one of his many informative posts) mention that the Aussie's had been meeting potential managers. It's possible that Bowyer was their choice and RD has agreed to put him in place whilst the takeover is finalised. Or they have instigated it so that we can start preparing.

Not how I see it.

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Really? RD doing them a favour while they are in the midst of negotiations? Surely he'd be using the fact they need to prepare and appoint a manager as leverage.
  • Options
    the Machine learning in Google's flemish to English translator is getting better isn't it, still work to do though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

I see it more like RD trying to speed things up. He won't want to bring in a CEO, other senior staff or signings.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Unsatisfactory all round.

Not good for Lee who can't do the job properly while still a caretaker. And I would be happy with him as permanent boss BTW.

Not good for the club either.

Just another shit storm created by Duchatelet.

I was half hoping Bowyer would tell them to poke it. I wouldn’t want to manage in these circumstances.

• Options
    Scoham said:

cafc-west said:

I see it more like RD trying to speed things up. He won't want to bring in a CEO, other senior staff or signings.
    I agree, he would not want to bring in senior management temporary as it would cost too much to get rid of them if the Aussies did not want them, whereas Bowyer will probably get a month or two wages as he has taken this on with the knowledge he may not be wanted after the takeover. In my opinion (I am not ITK), I believe Bowyer is the Aussies choice, but cannot be made permanent until it is all sorted
  • Options
    How long is lb caretaker for?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    When I look on the cafc website, I’m getting a pop ad for a 5 star cruise.... in Australia!!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Scoham said:

cafc-west said:

I agree, he would not want to bring in senior management temporary as it would cost too much to get rid of them if the Aussies did not want them, whereas Bowyer will probably get a month or two wages as he has taken this on with the knowledge he may not be wanted after the takeover. In my opinion (I am not ITK), I believe Bowyer is the Aussies choice, but cannot be made permanent until it is all sorted
    The way it's gone I think that's too optimistic. He may be their first choice, but RD hasn't done it to help them out. He's done it as he has to. The club loses value if we end up in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    I know they had a list of managers they were interested in, but they also thought Bowyer was doing a good job.
    I think it's good news all round that LB has accepted a caretaker role, as it suits both side. I expect that to be made permanent when and if the Aussies buy the club.

I think yesterday may have been the first time Muir and RD have met, and I'm not sure they got on.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I know they had a list of managers they were interested in, but they also thought Bowyer was doing a good job.
    I think it's good news all round that LB has accepted a caretaker role, as it suits both side. I expect that to be made permanent when and if the Aussies buy the club.

I think yesterday may have been the first time Muir and RD have met, and I'm not sure they got on.

Any chance you could speak to your contact JS?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't get on. One of them thinks the other is trying to rob them, while the other thinks exactly the same thing about them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed It said:

JamesSeed said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't get on. One of them thinks the other is trying to rob them, while the other thinks exactly the same thing about them.
    ..and they are probably both right.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Any chance you could speak to your contact JS?
    I'll explain after this process is done why this probably won't happen. I'm away this weekend, so casual beer as before unlikely anyway.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I doubt even Mrs.douchbag gets on with the old scrote.
  • Options
    Good to see that Lord Bowyer hasn't had his lands removed from him yet.
  • Options
    Has a club ever ended a season and then started the next with the same caretaker manager in charge?
  • Options
    Was Karel Fraeye an interim manager longer that Bowyer has been?
  • Options
    I just find it hard to understand why anyone would want to work for roly shitbag , when he is selling any assets for that the manager needs and wants to ruin our Charlton I think it’s a personal vendetta against us the fans
  • Options
    FORD said:

Has a club ever ended a season and then started the next with the same caretaker manager in charge?

It would be unusual for sure. But I can’t see Bowyer being caretaker for long, he’s already said he’d only consider a permanent role. Hopefully he’s only agreed to carry on in the short term as he feels he has a chance if the takeover goes through. I doubt he’d stay in a permanent role next season under RD as it’s unlikely RD would finance a push for promotion, I doubt he needs the aggro and can go back to his carp farm.
  • Options

Unsatisfactory all round.

Not good for Lee who can't do the job properly while still a caretaker. And I would be happy with him as permanent boss BTW.

Not good for the club either.

Just another shit storm created by Duchatelet.

I was half hoping Bowyer would tell them to poke it. I wouldn’t want to manage in these circumstances.

Me too. Would have forced RD's hand. As it stands he can carry on (just). With no manager in place the situation soon becomes untenable. I like LB but he should have politely declined.
  • Options
    The selling of Konsa behind the buyers back's was more significant than Bowyer. We need to get on with preparing for next season now and nobody can argue with that or the person doing that preparation.