Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how do you take your latte?

13»

Comments

• edited April 2018
    If like a lot of Waitrose customers, F.O.C. after spending 30p on something like a banana or a pack of gum.
  • I like a coffee from one of those shops but like others I don’t get the fascination & ritual of it. Especially in Starbucks when you tell them your name and that never write it or say it properly.

The state of our nation is sad when the number of coffee shops is probably overtaking the number of pubs. If it isn’t happening already, it probably will.

Sadly the coffee culture in the UK has gone the way of America and not European countries.

When you go to a major coffee outlet in the UK unless you drink espresso or cortado the options start in a large glass or cup. Luckily I drink espresso so I am not affected however I used to like a flat white now and again but the size of those have increased over the years.

I look around in coffee shops and watch other people holding cups and mugs you could bath a small baby in, some even have a double handle. Add to this the toppings and the person behind the counter asking if you would "like to go large with your coffee" or "can I interest you in a pastry with that" and they wonder why people are fat.

Walk into a coffee shop in most European countries and apart from an espresso everything comes in the same small cup and saucer, thankfully with one handle.