Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how do you take your latte?

Comments

• How can you bastardise coffee by putting cow juice in it?
    Double espresso. Nero does the best out of the chains, Starbucks coffee is horrible.
  • 1. I'd put the milk in after - because it's less faff, but i only really drink americano/long blacks or espresso.
    2. Beans
    3. Pact
    4. Gaggia Classic (though it just died so am using a dolce gusto - full disclosure and minus geek points)
    5. Not allowed to say

Nice to see I am not the only pact subscriber here. They do some lovely coffees.
  • Whilst wearing a silk robe and listening to Puccini
  • I take my lattes in tablet form. Pro Plus. Caffeine is caffeine.
    Double espresso. Nero does the best out of the chains, Starbucks coffee is horrible.

So you're a psychopath too?
  • Carter said:

Orally

Liar!! ;)
  • edited April 2018
    Anyone that orders a coffee by saying the words “can I get.....” needs taking outside and shooting.
  • Black with 2 thanks
  • I just bought a Sage Nespresso machine.

I’m rather overwhelmed by the choice of pods available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Coffee and only other ingredient, water.

So you're a psychopath too?
    Apparently

Good choice, Sage make the best Nespresso machines by far. I have had mine just over a month and it is head and shoulders above the other Nespresso machines I have had.

Don't be tempted to buy the snide pods you can get in outlets, stick to Nespresso pods.
  • Americano, Moka stove top or Cafeterie, generally milk

For work take in a contigo coffee cup and must have saved hundreds of pounds and the environment from the scourge of non recyclable cups
  • All that effort just for a bloody hot drink.
  • edited April 2018

I just bought a Sage Nespresso machine.

Good choice, Sage make the best Nespresso machines by far. I have had mine just over a month and it is head and shoulders above the other Nespresso machines I have had.

Don't be tempted to buy the snide pods you can get in outlets, stick to Nespresso pods.
    I have a couple of other Sage items so was pretty sure this would be a good choice.

I’m not a coffee buff and chose a pod machine to avoid the faff of bean to cup etc.

I’ll only be using the Nespresso pods - but there’s so much choice.

It didn’t help that my first trip to one of their poncy boutiques was in Paris where I was faced with the double trouble if not knowing what I was buying....and also not speaking the language.
  • edited April 2018

I have a couple of other Sage items so was pretty sure this would be a good choice.

I’m not a coffee buff and chose a pod machine to avoid the faff of bean to cup etc.

I’ll only be using the Nespresso pods - but there’s so much choice.

It didn’t help that my first trip to one of their poncy boutiques was in Paris where I was faced with the double trouble if not knowing what I was buying....and also not speaking the language.
    The Bluewater store is welcoming and they are more than happy to let you try the coffee before you buy.
  • edited April 2018
    Without boiling, without coffee and without milk.

Coffee is the devil's drink.
  • Leuth said:

Chai latte with loads of cinnamon and a double helping of simpering outrage about the state of the planet ;)

We assumed that anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• In a Sports Direct Mug
  • I like a coffee from one of those shops but like others I don’t get the fascination & ritual of it. Especially in Starbucks when you tell them your name and that never write it or say it properly.

The state of our nation is sad when the number of coffee shops is probably overtaking the number of pubs. If it isn’t happening already, it probably will.

• edited April 2018
    I like a decent latte, flat white or espresso. Mrs SB was stuck for what to get me for Christmas so a coffee maker was suggested. I was duly dispatched to do my homework and was horrified to find that anything I regarded as decent (bean grinder attached rather than those pod thingys) was about 500 quid! We didn’t bother. Sticking to my cafetière. Lavazza is my home brew of choice at the moment.
  • I like a coffee from one of those shops but like others I don’t get the fascination & ritual of it. Especially in Starbucks when you tell them your name and that never write it or say it properly.

The state of our nation is sad when the number of coffee shops is probably overtaking the number of pubs. If it isn’t happening already, it probably will.

Not sure if it's sadder, or better to be honest.

Both drinks are bad for you in excess but one pushes people to binge...

I don't often drink alcohol and can't drink coffee but people are madly addicted to them both.
  • I take my coffee the same way I take my women...

Of a drivethrough..?

Coffee enema man eh?
  • Dazzler21 said:

I like a coffee from one of those shops but like others I don’t get the fascination & ritual of it. Especially in Starbucks when you tell them your name and that never write it or say it properly.

I don't often drink alcohol and can't drink coffee but people are madly addicted to them both.
    Seems as if you are doing regular pub goers a disservice here.
    Thousands if not Millions of people in this country alone will drink in the same pub every week and have done for years, does that automatically make them 'addicted' or on the brink of a binge ? I highly doubt it. I know many people who could stop tomorrow if need be and you often see the same whereby dry January comes around and people drop drink with minimal fuss.

The pub is a far greater loss as in many cases it acts as a community hub, and a place for people to meet neighbors and for friends and families to socialize. Going to a pub supports local and independent brewers and landlords.
    A Starbucks is full of people staring aimlessly into their phones or macbooks whilst sipping on an overpriced coffee.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I like a coffee from one of those shops but like others I don’t get the fascination & ritual of it. Especially in Starbucks when you tell them your name and that never write it or say it properly.

Culturally (well for British Culture at least) it sad.
  • I was spending a small fortune on Starbucks etc so bought a flask and take my own to work these days.
    2 level tablespoons of coffee
    1 litre of boiling water
    1/2 litre hit milk
    Fave brand:- Nescafé Azzuro intenso or kencoaddw a Millicano