Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The last non-Charlton game you attended

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I’m @ Boston Bruins vs Ottawa Senators. Does that count?
  • Options
    Sydney FC v Suwon Bluewings in the AFC Champions league.

Was about 7k there, in a 45k stadium
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Spanish said:

Been to 3 this season Lincoln Crawley, Barnet Lincoln and Swansea Spurs being the last. All new grounds, trying to do the 92 whilst Roland is playing with Charlton. At 82 currently.

Completing the current 92 on the 24th of this month with a trip to Morecambe.
    Contact the club mate and get an acknowledgement in the programme.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    el-pietro said:

Was at Waterford FC v Cork City last night. Result did not go my way and there were 6 red cards! Bit of a brawl in stoppage time.

Last non Cork City game I was at was Millwall v Cardiff a few months ago. Good enough game. Was at Utrecht Hereenveen in August or September. Yer man Odegaard played. The kid Real Madrid signed a few years back. Wasn't impressed.
    I was also at half of a game in St. Triuden last year!

• Options

el-pietro said:

Was at Waterford FC v Cork City last night. Result did not go my way and there were 6 red cards! Bit of a brawl in stoppage time.

Last non Cork City game I was at was Millwall v Cardiff a few months ago. Good enough game. Was at Utrecht Hereenveen in August or September. Yer man Odegaard played. The kid Real Madrid signed a few years back. Wasn't impressed.
    The Cork manager should be ashamed of himself - going down like that after a little shove.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Spanish said:

Been to 3 this season Lincoln Crawley, Barnet Lincoln and Swansea Spurs being the last. All new grounds, trying to do the 92 whilst Roland is playing with Charlton. At 82 currently.

Completing the current 92 on the 24th of this month with a trip to Morecambe.
    Played at the Globe Arena. Decent enough ground but terrible location. Bit of a trot for a drink. Christie Park was much better. Set up at Fylde shows what should have been possible.
  • Options
    Ajax v psv
  • Options
    el-pietro said:

Makes our scuffle against Shrewsbury look a bit small time!
  • Options
    Spurs v Palace
    At Wembley this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

el-pietro said:

The Cork manager should be ashamed of himself - going down like that after a little shove.
    Well he got a red card for it so ref must have thought it was a dive!
  • Options
    Southampton vs Hapoel Beer Sheva (2016)
  • Options
    non league would of been Ebbsfleet last season. think they were playing Truro city.

league game must of been Millwall v Palace a few years back. 0-0. pretty glad neither side scored as I'm not sure what my reaction would of been.
  • Options
    Exeter v Barnet in between Xmas and New Year, in the Barnet end. Highlight of the day was some wag singing "I can see clearly now your stands have gone..."
  • Options
    Plymouth/Wimbledon play off final 2015/16 season. Plymouth my second club due to close family connections to the area.
  • Options
    Holidaying in Marseille, noticed there’s a game on so tomorrow I’m seeing my first Europa League game, Olympique v RB Leipzig.
  • Options
    Went to Leyton Orient v Torquay a few weeks back, it was a terrible game. Have seen Bromley more times than Charlton this season, first time that's happened since the very early 90s.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet v Dartford January 2017, only lasted 30 minutes, shit game, too cold, we went to the pub instead
  • Options
    Melbourne Victory - Melbourne City
  • Options
    Phoenix v Greenwich Borough on Boxing Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last Sat.....Hendon v Worthing.....absolutely superb game 4-3.
  • Options
    Inside Stade Velodrome. I’m higher than the top of the West Stand and still have twenty rows to go.
  • Options
    Hull vs Liverpool FA Cup replay I think in 1974. I was at uni in Hull and I think the replay was a midweek afternoon game as this was during a period of power cuts, miners strikes etc. Hull were in the old second division but had a pretty good team in those days.
  • Options
    Welling v Hemel Hempstead on Tuesday night
  • Options
    Hà Nội v Thanh Hoa in the Vietnamese V-League last year. One of the craziest games I’ve been to.

Mental atmosphere with terrible football. Thought I was in the home end, but realised at half time I was with the Thanh Hoa fans who massively outnumbered the home fans.

It all kicked off in second half. At 1-1 with a couple of mins left Thanh Hoa had a goal disallowed, which caused a huge argument. Then the Thanh Hoa coach decided he wanted to beat up the linesman. When they finally dragged him away and sent him to the stands, the game restarted with some ridiculous challenges flying in. Ref didn’t want to know anymore, so he just kept waving play in even when two footed lunges that were knee high were going in.

Hà Nội got a winner in stoppage time. Cue the Thanh Hoa fans starting to throw loads of bottles (albeit plastic water bottles) from the stands in anger. Meanwhile the Hà Nội fans stole the crappy pyrotechnics from the front of their stand and they were going off in the middle of the crowd.

One if the best games I’ve been to!
  • Options
    Leeds v Norwich 2nd may 1992 the day Leeds received the last 1st division trophy before being rebranded as the Premier League.
    The company I worked for at the time had a box there and earlier in the season was given the choice of either this game or Leeds v QPR not realising the significance at the time chose this one.
    Did feel a little guilty walking past hundreds of Leeds fans begging for tickets who couldn’t get in but enjoyed the free meal and beer before the game and watching from the comfort of the luxury box with sandwiches and coffee at halftime.
  • Options
    Real Betis v Villareal
  • Options
    Since I last saw Charlton I have seen:

- Napoli v Benevento
    - Fulham v Southampton
    - Fulham v Notts Forest
    - Arsenal v Man City
    - Arsenal v Milan

And I might be going to Milan v Napoli this weekend if I can make it.

I won't be returning to Charlton until we have new owners.