Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The last non-Charlton game you attended

Comments

• Options
    Have been to Liverpool v Leicester (the day after Wigan away), West Ham v Leicester (to tick off the Olympic stadium) and Welling v Chippenham (4-0 and the best i’ve ever seen them play) other than Charlton this season.

If Welling make the play offs may make another appearance at Park View.
  • Options
    Hartley Wintney v Marlow.
  • Options

Borussia Mönchengladbach v Borussia Dortmund in February this year.

Pretty average game, but good atmosphere and enjoyed being served beer during the match, by a guy with a beer tank on his back.

Saw that at Reading a few years ago with the back packs. Great you don't queue up and you can stand around gassing etc. The beer prices were rounded as well i.e £3.50 etc so it was easy to give the right money if you wanted 2/3 pints. If it was us we would be £4.19 or something similar.
  • Options
    Any: Torino - Bonaventure, Jan this year.

EFL: Barnsley - Millwall playoff final two years ago.

FA Cup: Millwall - Watford last year.

International: Japan - Mexico in the London Olympics

I don't think I've ever been to a Premiership game that didn't involve us.
  • Options

Hartley Wintney v Marlow.

I had a girlfriend at Uni who came from Hartley Wintney, I'd never heard of it before then.
  • Options
    Oxford - Barnsley @ Wembley in the 2016 SJP final.

1-0 at HT. It was fckn dire so missed the entire second half as getting pissed was more interesting. FT score was 3-2. Ah well, I stand by my decision.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Not sure what’s the most recent but seen Swansea v Torquay, old div 4 Friday night match at the vetchfield.
    Huddersfield v Blackpool, last game at Leeds road.
    Huddersfield v Swansea, at Wembley
    Wigan v Millwall, Paul Rogers in the last minute at Wembley.
    Wigan v bury (I think), old div 3 or 4, was the day before we had Man City so took the opportunity to get the DW stadium ticked off. Christ that was an awful game.
    Celtic v the mighty Montrose where the gable endies took Celtic all the way in a 6-0 cup defeat at Celtic Park.
    Mansfield v tranmere, day before we had derby, John fortune was on loan at Mansfield, Chris greenacre got a hat-trick.
    Man Utd v Liverpool, fa cup final cantonaaaaa.
    Man Utd v juventus, European quarter final 1st leg at old Trafford. Juventus had zoff, platini, Rossi and boniek playing for them.
    Arsenal v Man Utd, milk cup semi final first leg at Highbury. Utd won 2-4.
    Quite a few other Utd league matches with my dad, before I was allowed to go football on my own which is when I started going Charlton.
  • Options
    Bromley vs. Spennymoor Town
  • Options
    Whyteleafe v Greenwich Borough.

Bradley Pritchard and Charlie McDonald played for GB.

• Options
    Chelsea v stoke a few seasons back when stoke scored from almost the half way line
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Viktoria Plzen vs Sporting Lisbon in the Europa League about 3 weeks ago, and it was a real belter. 2-0 down in the first leg, Viktoria brought it back to 2-2, and then their keeper saved a penalty on 90+3, only for Sporting to steal it in extra time.

It's not always that good...
  • Options
    USA versus Bolivia, in 1996.
  • Options

Welling vs Dartford on Boxing Day. A cracking last minute winner for the Darts to win 3-2

The last non Charlton league game I saw was Barnet losing to Accrington in 2015 at The Hive, with young Kevin Lisbie coming off the bench for the Bees!

Saw Spurs vs Rubin in a Europa League match a few years ago from a box, the only time I've sampled hospitality at a football match!

The only international I've seen was a Brazil vs Italy friendly played at the Maracana Emirates
  • Options
    About 3 or 4 years ago Bromley FC Vs Ebbsfleet United. Not a lot of class on show, it has to be said but it was a nice day out with my oldest until I tripped on the way back to the car and had to drive home in pain with gravel embedded in my right hand.
  • Options

Mine was Mexico v Senegal, Aug 2012 during the Olympics at Wembley

I was there for this.

Last one for me was probably Bromley vs Dover in the FA Cup.
  • Options
    Spurs vs Juve the other week, thanks to a mate who couldn't use his ticket. Wasn't ever going to turn that down. Fantastic atmosphere pre-match, obviously it didn't last...

I've been to that and a game at Fulham this season and it is a nice change to attend a game without nail-biting or the usual frustrations of points chucked away.
  • Options
    Atletico Madrid v Qarabag last October.
  • Options
    West Ham v Burnley at the Olympic stadium last year to tick it off the list
  • Options
    Saints V Man utd league cup final last year with the saints fans. Saints fans were great, united fans were giving it the arrogant "this is our second home we're not even bothered" chat
  • Options
    I go to a lot of Bostick South games when Charlton aren't at home or close away, but last professional game was West Ham vs Burnley this season where it kicked off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tunbridge Wells vs Spennymoor FA Vase final at Wembley 2013, over 13000 made the trip up. Brilliant day out saw so many old friends and acquaintances, just a shame we lost 2-1.
  • Options
    The very last non charlton game would have been Man City v Celtic in last years champion league and I was in with the Celtic fans. Well I use the word fans however animals comes to mind, awful experience
  • Options
    West Ham vs Shrewsbury. I was scouting.
  • Options
    Worthing United v East Preston, two days ago.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet v Maidstone earlier in the season
  • Options

Worthing United v East Preston, two days ago.

That's a very bright 3g pitch!
  • Options
    West Ham v Liverpool, same season we played at Upton Park.
  • Options
    Barcelona 0-0 Getafe, February 2018.

First game they failed to score at the Nou Camp this season. BBC live text mugged me off:

Another lovely stat:

"Barcelona failed to have a shot on target in the first half of a La Liga home game for the first time since 21 April 2012 in El Clasico."

The time before that, I went to Dortmund, for their game against Wolfsburg. They won 3-0. I was really looking forward to it - four of us had tickets in the Yellow Wall.

However, this happened: Dortmund to host Wolfsburg without 'Yellow Wall' after accepting sanction

Not had the greatest track record with away days abroad lately.
  • Options
    Celtic Vs Zenit unless you count sunday league.
  • Options
    FC UNA Strassen v FC Rosport in Luxembourg premier league 2 weeks ago.
    Me, and about 75 others.
    10 EUR to get in.