Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The (slightly smug) Bowyer betting thread

2»

Comments

• Options

Betvictor have settled Bowyer as a winner today based on the CAFC announcement.

Skybet haven't :-(
  • Options
    edited April 2018

VC are pwoppa bookmakers!!
  • Options
    Nice one those who got on.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

12/1 I'll take that. Come on Skybet pay me out please

They won't pay out until he completes the ten games, so season end they will pay.
    Thanks for the update. A bit cheeky on their part as we have stated the job is his till the end of the season.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

@bobmunro

No doubt still driven by the values instilled there by former management back in the day :smiley:
  • Options

bobmunro said:

@bobmunro

No doubt still driven by the values instilled there by former management back in the day :smiley:
    Very true, Phil.

And Ladbrokes?? ;-)
  • Options
    Had a tenner on Kewell at 6/4, was feeling smug when he hit 1/10... but now I'm just taking credit for Bowyer doing so well by betting against it.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

@bobmunro

Very true, Phil.

And Ladbrokes?? ;-)
    They are a shambles.
    I go in various Lads shops about twice a week and I can't tell you how far standards have slipped.
    Maybe one or two guys didn't have a lasting impact there.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

@bobmunro

Very true, Phil.

And Ladbrokes?? ;-)
    They are a shambles.
    I go in various Lads shops about twice a week and I can't tell you how far standards have slipped.
    Maybe one or two guys didn't have a lasting impact there.
    They are certainly a shadow of the company we knew, Phil - all those years ago!!

I would say it anyway of course as I've played a part, but 365 know how to run an online business.
  • Options
    I stuck £20 on Bowyer the night before the Northampton game and got 9/1 with Skybet. Immediately afterwards his odds dropped to 7/1 which my brother then backed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

They won't pay out until he completes the ten games, so season end they will pay.
    Thanks for the update. A bit cheeky on their part as we have stated the job is his till the end of the season.

Disagree mate he might not make the 10 games.
  • Options

Fiver at 12/1 last week.

Same here.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Is that the same for all bets then? even if a manager is announced and been given a 5 year contract I would have to wait for his first 10 games to get paid out. Or is it because Bowyer hasn't officially been given a contract to the end of the season.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

clb74 said:

Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Is that the same for all bets then? even if a manager is announced and been given a 5 year contract I would have to wait for his first 10 games to get paid out. Or is it because Bowyer hasn't officially been given a contract to the end of the season.
    It's because he's still caretaker. If he'd been named permanently then they'd pay out straight away.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a weird one actually - skybet have acknowledged to me by e-mail that they are considering LB as the next Charlton manager but have not decided to pay out yet - they have also closed the betting which is a pretty big sign to me that they are at least looking into it - my guess is the reason betVictor paid out early is because they didn't let LB slip out as far as 16-1 (as far as I know - happy to be corrected if not the case but highest I saw it on there was 4-1 maybe 5-1?) so don't have so much risk as skybet?