Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton spend 20% of league 1 intermediary fees

2»

Comments

• Options
    The 17 players involved in agents fees are,Dijksteel,Bowry,Barnes,Hackett-Fairchild,Konsa,Jackson,Pearce,Clarke,Cummings,Marshall,Hall-Anderson,Holmes,Da Silva,Magennis,Reeves,Maloney & Mavididi.
    https://t.co/jCQFDvrz11
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    clive said:

The 17 players involved in agents fees are,Dijksteel,Bowry,Barnes,Hackett-Fairchild,Konsa,Jackson,Pearce,Clarke,Cummings,Marshall,Hall-Anderson,Holmes,Da Silva,Magennis,Reeves,Maloney & Mavididi.

This is from the six months (or thereabouts) that proceed the table listed in the OP.

For a lot of those you expect the fees to be pretty minimal, primarily the youth team signings. I would also hope the loan signings don't come with that large of a fee. Suspect we'll go down in this table for the 17-18 period, or at least for the first half of it, a lot will depend in what happens in the summer.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Also, on the original list, three of the top four are teams that were relegated in this period. The exception being Sheffield United, who pip Bolton by 2k. Given that we had to bring in a bunch of new players in the summer of 2016, including players probably on decent wages or with decent transfer fees (Ajose, Novak, Crofts, Foley, etc), and it costs more to live in London than Milton Keynes or Bolton/Manchester or Sheffield and thus you expect higher wages (and higher agents fees), I kind of wonder just how damming this is. I mean the players that money was presumably spent on have not/did not live up to what was required, but given we had to rebuild a squad (and didn't) I wonder how extravagant our number is compared to what you'd expect from signing so many players.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    clive said:

We are on page 11.

I'm sure there could be a reason apart from incompetence, but as many of those players are our Academy players, no obvious reason stands out to me.

Perhaps, there were large fees for Mavididi & Da Silva and perhaps Pearce, Holmes and Reeves ?

I can't see why any of the others would command big fees maybe Konsa, Clarke, Marshall & Magennis ?
  • Options

clive said:

We are on page 11.
    I'm sure there could be a reason apart from incompetence, but as many of those players are our Academy players, no obvious reason stands out to me.

Perhaps, there were huge fees for Mavididi & Da Silva and perhaps Pearce, Holmes and Reeves ?

I can't see why any of the others would command big fees maybe Konsa, Clarke, Marshall & Magennis ?
    Those listed are from a different time period than the one covered in the original list.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I am very surprised all the big leagues in Europe have not gotten together and made one simple rule...

"All payments to agents and families must come from the players."

That would take care of the problem right there. If the player wants to give the agent 5% or 20%, that's on them. A car for daddy? That's on them. They can sign whatever contract they want with an agent for their representation but clubs should not have to (or even be able) to pay the agents. In the USA, agents take from 3-5% for club contracts and it comes from the players.

The player's hands would be tied. What are they gonna do? All go to MLS in protest?