Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Promotion or sale?

2»

Comments

• Sale, of the whole business lock, stock and training ground. The bungling old weirdo can't have any remaining interest in any part of CAFC, if it is to be able to survive.

By interest obviously that's a financial, business term. The septic crackpot never fostered the remotest affinity for CAFC, or its customers.
  • Promotion all day long
    Will be harder to get out this division next season

Will it?

Luton will probably come up and will be a threat, whilst coming down I'd expect Sunderland to do similar to Blackburn.

Other than the usual suspects I'd say League One could be slightly easier
    Barnsley have a chinese billionaire owner don't they? if they come down they'll be looking to go straight back up. Any of Birmingham, Reading, Hull or Bolton will also be tough.
  • Takeover ...
    With Roland here - his investment in charlton will be either minimal or based heavily on player sales , so all the time he is here regardless of promotion or not he will weaken the team!

Would prefer a Promtion like last time , where it was a clean slate and everyone was behind 100% that is charlton - there was/will be no niggles or stay always and no harsh feelings

A takeover before a promotion would be the best in the long term as it would enable consistency throughout
  • Takeover. Can't go to see them until he's gone.
  • Sorry but promotion

I’ve never been to Accrington but nor do I want to

Promotion, new owners, Millwall finish 7th on goal difference and Palace go down in the last minute

That’ll do
  • Promotion, followed by a takeover.
  • No contest,promotion.
  • Strange question. It's a bit like saying would you like a kick in the left bollock or the right one.
    If forced to answer the original question.

Sell the club all day long.
    Success cannot be achieved until he has fucked off
  • PWR Sale
  • Promotion all day long
  • Sponsored links:

• Sale, of the whole business lock, stock and training ground. The bungling old weirdo can't have any remaining interest in any part of CAFC, if it is to be able to survive.

By interest obviously that's a financial, business term. The septic crackpot never fostered the remotest affinity for CAFC, or its customers.

100%
  • rikofold said:

Sale.

There's no long term future under Duchatelet. If it means being in League One a little longer but having a genuine footballing ambition again and a culture suited to the club's values, I'd take that over short term success all day long.

This x 500 zillion

Massively more important than promotion, or LB being appointed as manager, or anything else to do with CAFC.
  • An owner who could develop some real interest and feeling for the club.
  • If it's a choice between one or the other then it has to be the takeover.
    If we get promoted and Roland remains as owner then we know that there will be no proper support for the manager (whoever that may be) and relegation back to League One will surely follow.
    I'd take another year in this crap division if it means that we get owners that know what they are doing and have ambition for the club.
    On a personal note it would also mean that I could return to actually supporting the team that I have followed for nearly 50 years.

This absolutely!
  • I hate these questions? I want a sale and I want promotion, why is there a necessity for me to choose? Oh, there isn't.
  • I hate these questions? I want a sale and I want promotion, why is there a necessity for me to choose? Oh, there isn't.

You don't have to choose. But it's an interesting exercise to see where people's interests are.

My preference would be for the old scrote to sell up. And I think that's the most likely scenario.
  • I wonder IF Roland would make an appearance at Wembley?

He could probably do a job for the last 10 minutes when fresh legs are needed.
    Not fresh teeth tho
  • Promotion for me. Makes us more appealing for a sale. To me a promotion means a sale in the medium to long term.
  • Sponsored links:

• Promotion all day.