Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you underestimated when they signed...

Comments

• Options
    Robbie Mustoe
  • Options
    Stig said:

I was worried when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink signed, that he might be a disinterested, overweight has-been looking for one final payout. How wrong I was. An who'd have thought that after a glittering career with us he'd go on to be the greatest manager in Northampton's history? Oh.

Now has been sacked
  • Options
    Dean Kiely
  • Options
    Stuart fleetwood, Dorian smith.
  • Options

Dean Kiely

Yes, known only for being the York keeper who helped beat Man Utd.
  • Options
    Who could forget Paulo Monteiro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who could forget Paulo Monteiro

Who?
  • Options

You show me someone who predicted how good Fosu would turn out to be, and i'll show you a liar

This. Fosu stunned me. I was sure we brought him in as a development player.
  • Options
    Aizelwood, McKenzie, Melrose, Perry, Stuart, Wiggins, Yann, Igor and currently Fosu and if he keeps it up, Reeves.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

You show me someone who predicted how good Fosu would turn out to be, and i'll show you a liar

Me!
    First I heard of him was when my work mate berated me for us having stolen him. He said he was a real talent, and I think I passed that on, on here?
  • Options

Robbie Mustoe

I'd second this.
  • Options
    Not sure this’ll count, but Alexi Smertin.
  • Options
    El karkouri, Graham stuart, and more recently fosu.
  • Options
    Harry Cripps, Colin Pates, Mark Bowen, Andy Hunt, Keith Jones.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Going back a bit - Terry Naylor
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easy question for me. Yann.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That is a good point, we weren't over excited at first but it didn't take long!
  • Options

Harry Cripps, Colin Pates, Mark Bowen, Andy Hunt, Keith Jones.

No, I am sorry. That is unacceptable.

:-)

• Options
    I didn’t think Bent would cut it in the Prem.

Turned out pretty wrong on that one
  • Options
    Paul Williams. Sure he was playing non-league.
  • Options
    David Whyte. Was it him and the deity known as Morts we got for Pitcher? Brilliant, brilliant player.
  • Options
    Yes, definitely - there are quite a few when you put your mind to it. Probably warns us not to judge too early!
  • Options
    I remember when we signed Simon Webster, in those pre-internet days one of the only things that we knew about him, was that he was part of the Huddersfield back four that lost 10-0 to Man City - when Man City were shit house and had players like Jeff Whitley and Steve Redmond playing for them.

Consequently I was a little underwhelmed by his signing, but he proved to be a fantastic player for us, and would have had a good career in the PL had he not been 'done' by Julian Dicks.