Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC 3 Rotherham 1- POST MATCH THREAD 02/04/2018

12345679»

Comments

• Options

My first match since the woeful Shrewsbury performance, and really enjoyed it - was actually looking forward to the game, which is always a mistake, but for a change I was right to.

A lot of positives, but what probably struck me most was the way players that I had pretty much written off for this season - like Ajose and Reeves - are buying into the new approach and see themselves as part of this team. I was just disappointed Ajose got the hook so early when he was clearly desperate to score. When he gets one, I can see him going on a little run and scoring 4 or 5 in 6/7 games. Also felt a bit sorry for Aribo getting told to stay back for our later corners when he was on a hat-trick and had already scored a set-piece header, while Bauer and Pearce lumbered forward. He wasn't pleased but accepted it.

Was sat in the West Lower so kept an eye on Bowyer doing his pieces a couple of times - quite amusing.

Bauer going up for a corner during added time: 'Where are you f*****g going?!! Get back!!!', and earlier:

Bowyer: Cas! CAS!!! Tell Pat to f*****g pass it!
    JFC: I f*****g did!!!

It was a nice day out.

Haha I did wonder why Patrick was sheepishly going back after originally coming up for that corner
  • Options

My first match since the woeful Shrewsbury performance, and really enjoyed it - was actually looking forward to the game, which is always a mistake, but for a change I was right to.

A lot of positives, but what probably struck me most was the way players that I had pretty much written off for this season - like Ajose and Reeves - are buying into the new approach and see themselves as part of this team. I was just disappointed Ajose got the hook so early when he was clearly desperate to score. When he gets one, I can see him going on a little run and scoring 4 or 5 in 6/7 games. Also felt a bit sorry for Aribo getting told to stay back for our later corners when he was on a hat-trick and had already scored a set-piece header, while Bauer and Pearce lumbered forward. He wasn't pleased but accepted it.

Was sat in the West Lower so kept an eye on Bowyer doing his pieces a couple of times - quite amusing.

Bauer going up for a corner during added time: 'Where are you f*****g going?!! Get back!!!', and earlier:

Bowyer: Cas! CAS!!! Tell Pat to f*****g pass it!
    JFC: I f*****g did!!!

It was a nice day out.

Haha I did wonder why Patrick was sheepishly going back after originally coming up for that corner
    Yep - orders from the Boss! Thing is, he didn't hear Bowyer at first so took him ages to get the message and do the long slow turn. LB not pleased...
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I can't find the attendance figure for yesterday. Anyone know it?

'Highly inflated' comes to mind.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KQpMco5QYI

A view from a Rotherham perspective - I love Amos giving it to the Rotherham fans at the end...

Some of these vlogs can be pants but I thought this was pretty good, seem like some level headed lads and edited the video quite well.

His mate to the right of him during the game was making me laugh with a few of his comments 'no it's this way you're jokin'

Also loved Amos giving it some stick at the end, really hoping he's our permanent number 1 next season, regardless of what league we are in
    Loved it at the start when he cries, 'Bugger off, I hate pigeons' - all credit to these lads - this is quality.
  • Options
    purdis said:

A view from a Rotherham perspective - I love Amos giving it to the Rotherham fans at the end...

Some of these vlogs can be pants but I thought this was pretty good, seem like some level headed lads and edited the video quite well.

His mate to the right of him during the game was making me laugh with a few of his comments 'no it's this way you're jokin'

Also loved Amos giving it some stick at the end, really hoping he's our permanent number 1 next season, regardless of what league we are in
    Loved it at the start when he cries, 'Bugger off, I hate pigeons' - all credit to these lads - this is quality.
    I think it's the accent mate, just sounds very basic haha
  • Options

purdis said:

I think it's the accent mate, just sounds very basic haha
    I like the bloke whose job it is to shout, 'Suck cock!' every time anything happens.
  • Options
    Yes, I think he has won a lot of us over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa seemed to be struggling with how wide he was being asked to play. Couple of times as the ball was playing through the middle I thought we had nobody out on the flank as he was nearly in the dugout!
    Dasilva was doing the same but seemed to be a lot more comfortable.
    Can see why Bows demands it though as it does give the middle men more of an option if they are capable of delivering a longer cross pass.
  • Options
    He was ok though - struggling is a bit too strong imo,
  • Options

He was ok though - struggling is a bit too strong imo,

Yes. Maybe quiet was a better word.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    he wasn't as good as Djiksteel was in the previous two games. But he was Ok and a) we should trust Bowyer's decision and b) we cant know if Djiksteel was 100% and if he was whether he would have done better. Konsa did ok.
  • Options

CAFCsayer said:

Thought Reeves was mustard today, didn't stop running, tackling and was always looking for that incisive ball... Said it before today, will say it again... We will win every game until the end of the season and then have the momentum going into the playoffs. Lee Bowyer simply has to stay on, takeover or no takeover

Really impressed with his workrate and defensive contributions today. Weird how the player KR was desperate to sign (and knows well from MKD) only starts playing well after KR leaves
    I presume Reeves didn't want to play for Robinson again and signed for us as a last resort. We all got it the wrong way round.
  • Options

I couldnt understand a lot of what he was saying - needed an interpreter, but, did he say when he got off the coach that Charlton was a 'shithole'?......and he comes from Rotherham.!