Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United

13»

Comments

• Amos: 8 - Caught everything launched into his box, couldnt do much about the goal
    Konsa:7 - Not as good as Dijksteel, yet obviously told not to get forward too much
    Bauer: 8 - Immense at the back, has a great partnership with Pearce
    Pearce: 9 (MOTM) - Was great watching his battle with Michael Smith, kept him quiet all game
    DaSilva: 7.5 - Good to have him back, difficult to split him and Page
    Reeves: 7.5 - Completely different player now... Lovely ball towards Ajose for what was the first goal
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - The engine in Midfield, didnt stop running
    Aribo: 9 - Great Jacko-esque type run for his first goal, lovely skill for the second
    Ajose: 7 - Low mark as didnt really get a sniff but didnt stop running
    Zyro: 7.5 - Did well to score yet beaten to the majority of headers (Rotherham arent a short team)
    Kaikai: 6 - Didnt really notice him I'm afraid
  • Amos: 7
    Konsa: 7
    Bauer: 7.5
    Pearce: 8
    DaSilva: 7
    Reeves: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Aribo: 8
    Ajose: 7.5
    Zyro: 7.5
    Kaikai:7
  • edited April 2018
    Amos: 7.5
    Pearce: 9
    DaSilva: 8
    Reeves: 9
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Aribo: 8.5
    Fosu-Henry: n/a
    Zyro: 8
    Kaikai: 6.5
    Mavididi: n/a
    Magennis: n/a
  • Amos: 7 - Confident and commanding. Unlucky with the goal as it was a decent save. He is the slowest goalie I have ever seen though!
    Konsa: 6.5 - Solid mostly, but offered little going forwards.
    Bauer: 7.5 - Very good
    Pearce: 7.5 - Also very good
    DaSilva: 7 - Always an option on the left, and did well when targeted
    Reeves: 7.5 - Purred through the game
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - Ran his socks off
    Aribo: 8.5 - Worked hard and obviously learning from Bowyer (header was classic Bow!); second goal was fantastic!
    Ajose: 6.5 - Worked hard but just needs that good chance to come his way
    Zyro: 7.5 - Very good all afternoon and clinical finish
    Kaikai: 6 - Got involved (first time I've seen that!) and not as selfish as usual

Substitutions were spot on (again); hope Fosu is not out for long?
  • Amos: 7
    Konsa: 6.5
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 6.5
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Reeves: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5
    Aribo: 8.5
    Ajose: 7
    Zyro: 7.5
  • edited April 2018
    Amos: 7 Commanding in the air and caught well against tall attackers. No chance with their goal.

Konsa: 6.5 Stuck to his task well looked a little exposed at times.

Bauer: 7 Solid

Pearce: 7.5 Probably the best I've seen from him. Captaincy seems to suit and I loved the way he grabbed the ball to frustrate the Rotherham players and run down the clock. A true 'old pro' performance to help us maintain our lead.

DaSilva: 6.5 Looked understandably a little rusty at times by his own standards but grew back into it.

Reeves: 7 Have questioned him previously but no complaints today. Contributed fully.

Forster-Caskey: 7.5 Did what he does and a lovely delivery for Aribo's first goal

Aribo: 8 2 goals gets him my MOM but discounting those he stuck to his task well. 'Better than Semedo' and some.

Ajose: 7 The good twin rather than rogue mascot turned up again today and he played an instrumental part in Aribo's second goal as well as dragging defenders around the park with his running off the ball.

Zyro: 7.5 The finish for his goal was arguably the classiest moment of the match. He also held the ball up well and brought others into the game.

Kaikai:7 A big ask for anyone to replace Fosu-Henry and have a similar impact but, unlike earlier weeks, he grafted and his spin and give started the move for Zyro's goal.
    Konsa 7
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 9 mom
    Forster-Caskey:
    Ajose: 7
    Kaikai 6
    Mavididi: 6
    Magennis: 6
  • Amos: 7 didn't really have to make a save but handling was good.
    Konsa: 7 Solid
    Bauer: 7 Solid
    Pearce: 8 Great leadership
    DaSilva: 7.5Great offensively and defensively
    Reeves: 9 He is a key part of this side doing what he is doing. Edged my MOTM as he is so vital.
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 Quality
    Aribo: 9 Wasn't a dominant as against Plymouth but two goals.
    Fosu-Henry: n/a Hope he isn't out for two long
    Ajose: 7.5 Great workrate and team player - who'd have thought it?
    Zyro: 7.5 Very assured, great finish
    Kaikai: 7 Good and not so good but mostly good

Spot on for me.
  • Amos: 8
    Bauer: 8
    Pearce: 9
    Reeves: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 8
    Aribo: 9
    Ajose: 6.5
    Zyro: 7
    Kaikai: 6
  • Amos: 7.5
    Konsa: 6.5 makes me nervous
    Bauer: 8.5 beast
    Pearce: 8.5 beast
    DaSilva: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 9 joint mom
    Aribo: 9 joint mom
    Ajose: 7 made some good runs back, cant see the fuss about him though.
    Kaikai:8
    Mavididi: n/a pretty poor
    Magennis: n/a not enough time
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos: 8 - did everything he had to do well, hard to see what happened with their goal from where I was sitting.
    Konsa: 7 - did a job.
    Bauer: 8.5 - superb, cleared everything.
    Pearce: 9 - superb also - had a brilliant battle with Smith.
    DaSilva: 7.5 - everything went through him first half, always available out wide, and get back quickly when he gets forward.
    Reeves: 7.5 - some things didn't come off, but he worked tirelessly. Unbelievable footwork to win the free kick for the third goal.
    Forster-Caskey: 7.5 - got stuck in well, great set piece deliveries.
    Aribo: 9 - what a player, exceptional with his feet, great finishes.
    Fosu-Henry: n/a - seemed to be doing ok before going off.
    Ajose: 7 - tried, not a huge amount came off, lots of running and very good tracking back to help the defence, decent assist. Needs a goal or two.
    Zyro: 8 - great goal. If I'm being picky he doesn't always get very far off the ground when challenging for headers. Held the ball well at times and brought others into play.
    Kaikai: 6.5 - A lot just didn't come off for him. He got stuck in though and gave away pliantly of free kicks, needs to be a bit stronger on the ball. Got better as the game went on.
    Mavididi: n/a - Nearly scored bar a fingertip tip. Think he was being eased back into the team and perhaps told to not sprint around to close down.
    Magennis: n/a Played well in the little time he had.

Konsa: 6.5
    Pearce: 7
    Reeves: 7.5
    Ajose: 8
  • Amos: 7 - commanded his area really well.
    Konsa: 6 - struggled as full back. bit risky when on the ball.
    Bauer: 8.5 - another superb performance
    Pearce: 9 - bullied smith all game.
    Reeves: 8 - some solid tackles which I would never of expected him doing. good passing. kept going all game.
    Forster-Caskey: 8 - similar to Reeves. been really impressed with him in the last couple of weeks.
    Aribo: 9 - extra mark for the two goals. bit too deep in the first part of the game (also that slide tackle before their shot onto the bar was terrible) but when he goes forward he causes problems. another great performance. the control for the second was up there with any top class striker. really feel he could be the difference to this promotion push.
    Ajose: 7 - workrate top notch. hope he gets a goal soon. got around alot to draw their defenders away from others. I would think about instead of bringing Josh on for Zyro maybe bring josh on for Ajose. no harm in having two big blokes up front. both can play on the floor an all.
    Zyro: 8 what a shot for the goal. really liking this chap. seems to really give his all for the cause.
    Kaikai: 6 - attacking wise he's alright but defensively he is a bit of a liability.
    Pearce: 7.5
    Forster-Caskey: 7
    Aribo: 9
    Ajose: 6.5
    Kaikai: 6
  • <
    Amos: 7
    Konsa: 7.5
    Bauer: 8
    Forster-Caskey: 8
    Zyro: 7.5
    Kaikai: 7

• For Nigel Thundercock's information,
    Ben Reeves is the guy who used to be shite,
    But now in the last 3 games is alright,
    Who covered every blade of grass, won tackles, never hid, sprayed the ball around the field with aplomb and nearly scored a worldy at the end. Plus he's the small guy with the giant forehead if your still not sure who he is.
    Konsa: 6
    Bauer: 8.5
    Kaikai:7
    Konsa: 5
    DaSilva: 9
    Reeves: 4
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Aribo: 7
    Ajose: 7
    Kaikai:4

and this years award for the stupidest marks of the season for marking down Reeves and Kaikai goes too....
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos: 7 - solid and commanding. He would give Ben Hamer a good run run for his money in the time wasting stakes (not that I'm complaining)
    Konsa: 5.5 - looked a bit vulnerable at times. I'd like to see Djiksteel back in that position
    Bauer: 8 - a dominant performance. Rock solid
    Pearce: 8 - ditto. His leadership and will to win rub off on the other players
    DaSilva: 7 - very good
    Reeves: 7.5 - another strong display. Good feet in tight spaces and showed some moments of real vision and class, not the least of which were his work to win the free kick for the second goal and when he beat two men from the short corner in injury time and had his shot blocked. He even won the ball back for us on a few occasions
    Forster-Caskey: 7 - very competent and does a good job for the team
    Aribo: 8.5 - hard for the opposition to live with when he comes to life, as he did in the second half. His second goal was the sort of moment that keeps us all coming to football - absolute magic
    Ajose: 7 - another good performance. His hard work will soon yield the goals it deserves
    Zyro: 7.5 - played well and he is getting stronger and fitter with each game. Three goals now and a cracking strike for the opener will only pump up his confidence and self-belief
    Kaikai: 5.5 - a few good moments but gave away a lot of unnecessary free kicks and turned in an uneven display. He may just be trying too hard to impress, as his time at Shrewsbury demonstrates that there is a player in there