Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew Has Left WBA

Comments

• Options

Come on get it up - Michael Appleton is favourite at 4/1!!!!

He was Player, coach and Assistant manager there. Wouldn’t be surprised.
    Agreed - but his picture appears on here for every other managerial vacancy but for the one he is likely to get he goes missing.
  • Options
    21 games, 3 won, 5 drawn and 13 lost. Whoever at WBA thought this guy was Red Adair needs to be sacked.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options

Sky have just said that WBA's result against Burnley on Saturday was a PL record of 8 consecutive defeats. However, we did that in 1998/9. In fact, we didn't win a game in any competition between 25th October 1998 and 7th February 1999 - a run of 15 matches. I know because I bought our points on the spread that season and to say I was a little worried about my position was a bit of an understatement!

So Sky don't give us any credit, even when it's for being shit...
  • Options

That's probably it for Pards now.
    TV punditry from now on with a very slim chance of a small town club like Ipswich or Reading

Did he leave Reading on good terms?

His record was pretty good there (first mgr job) and then WHU came calling with compensation, plus it was 15 years ago.

Martin Allen has had 5 goes as Barnet manager !
  • Options
    Ipswich need a manager for next season.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Halix said:

Hes going to come and rescue us!!!

Charlton man, ex-player, ex-manager, knows English football, recent experience at the highest level, currently unattached. Ticks all the boxes. What's not to like?
    He will be very upset you never mentioned his modesty.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Stig said:

Halix said:

Charlton man, ex-player, ex-manager, knows English football, recent experience at the highest level, currently unattached. Ticks all the boxes. What's not to like?
    He will be very upset you never mentioned his modesty.
    Surely he's too modest to mention that?
  • Options
    Can't believe the Saudis want him as our manager.

Won't be popular with some but think we have to get behind him and give him a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

Halix said:

Alan Pardew
    Gutted I can't Like and Lol this post.
  • Options

Won't be popular with some but think we have to get behind him and give him a chance.

PSG have also got him lined up to take over, so we might have some competiton
  • Options
    Posted this on Managerial sackings thread

McCarthy to West Brom?? or would his feelings and loyalty towards Wolves stop him
  • Options
    Annoyingly can see him taking over at Ipswich in the summer
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Agreed - I suggest we start a campaign - Campaign to Recruit Alan Pardew.
    Gerald Rattner is interested in being head spokesperson......
  • Options
    Give the big nosed twat some credit, he has taken the art of rinsing foolish football clubs to an art form.
  • Options
    That's gotta be pardew finished in the premier league surely?

I guess he will always be sniffing round the corner waiting to further destroy a Watford or a Bournemouth then get another pay out.

He doesn't bring clubs into the premier league ..he just contributes to clubs getting relegated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now that IS a surprise.
    You’d have to have a heart of stone not to laugh :smile:
    But nicely timed tho with our Takeover about to happen, Super Chancer Al might have half fancied his chances with us again.
    FUCK OFF ALAN. But if poor old Crawley, apparently, end up needing a manager soon, perhaps it’s time for you to step up a couple of levels and apply for that job, you knob.
    Hopefully though you wouldn’t get it. No club deserves that.
  • Options
    Let us hope that they start winning and get above Palace :smiley:
  • Options
    He's got quite a long list on Wikipedia under "Controversies". Some of them I hadn't heard of before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Pardew
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He's got quite a long list on Wikipedia under "Controversies". Some of them I hadn't heard of before.

In March 2009, Pardew stated on Match of the Day 2 that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien "absolutely rapes" Manchester City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball, in the sense that he bested him physically.[110] The BBC explained why there was no on-air apology, saying: "What Alan Pardew said was misheard, it was thought he used the word 'rakes.'".[111]
  • Options

Scoham said:

In March 2009, Pardew stated on Match of the Day 2 that Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien "absolutely rapes" Manchester City player Ched Evans during a midfield tussle for the ball, in the sense that he bested him physically.[110] The BBC explained why there was no on-air apology, saying: "What Alan Pardew said was misheard, it was thought he used the word 'rakes.'".[111]
    Ironic that the player he made that bizarre comment about was Ched Evans...
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

That's gotta be pardew finished in the premier league surely?

I guess he will always be sniffing round the corner waiting to further destroy a Watford or a Bournemouth then get another pay out.

He doesn't bring clubs into the premier league ..he just contributes to clubs getting relegated

Yeah can't see too many other top flight clubs wanting him. Question is whether a mid-table championship side would want him, or even if he'd want to drop down like Pulis has done. He might just decide to take it easy and go into punditry.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Ironic that the player he made that bizarre comment about was Ched Evans...
    I was thinking that but didnt want to say it as i know what people on here are like :wink:
  • Options
    Tossa
  • Options
    What about a concerted campaign from us to persuade Sky not to employ him as a pundit. ? (i'm sure we could get Newcastle,WBA fans to join us).
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm planning to send them an e-mail citing his arrogance, lack of ability and checkered past, will threaten to cancel subscription, his smug face shouldn't blight our screens again!

What about a concerted campaign from us to persuade Sky not to employ him as a pundit. ? (i'm sure we could get Newcastle,WBA fans to join us).