Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

play off semi-final dates

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    My weekly moan.
    People worrying about the final , I don't think we sold out for the away semi final game last season surely that's more important than the final.

More importantly how much is a 3 bed semi in Wembley 
    Your be lucky that'll get you a Wendy house
    No doubt your be at the final if we get there
    That should suit Elfs down to the ground  ;).
    On form today Mr Chaser.
  • RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    My weekly moan.
    People worrying about the final , I don't think we sold out for the away semi final game last season surely that's more important than the final.

On form today Mr Chaser.
    Sorry about that mate, I had to up my game after that very average effort the other day. See you at Wembley. 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    My weekly moan.

On form today Mr Chaser.
    Sorry about that mate, I had to up my game after that very average effort the other day. See you at Wembley. 😉
    He won't get a ticket 
  • edited March 2019
    Buggerit
  • clb74 said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    My weekly moan.

On form today Mr Chaser.
    He won't get a ticket 
    Two tickets for the half-way line please misery guts.
  • clb74 said:
    My weekly moan.

Weekly moan?

• Anyone know if semi finals have been sorted date wise yet ?
  • Anyone know if semi finals have been sorted date wise yet ?
    They haven't and probably won't be until the 3rd-6th places are definite.
    I think TV & possibly police decide on the dates, when they know the fixtures.
  • Unless it is completely unavoidable, I genuinely have no idea why any Football league fan would book a holiday for the end-May BH weekend when there is even the smallest possibility your team might get to Wembley. Just don't understand it. 
    Well my life used to revolve round Charlton. Used to. Now I feel so disconnected to the Club it’s actually frightening. When we looked at doing a cruise this May with friends I didn’t even consider the play offs. This from someone who has previously missed weddings and christenings because I was going to a totally meaningless Charlton game. I’ll be in the middle of the Med, literally, on the day of the Final. If we get there I’ll have to make do with the TV. Thanks Roland, I’ve never hated anyone as much as I hate you. Just go away and leave us alone.
    He wants to be left alone as well.

There are more of us, so maybe time to get in his face. Any plans Belgie 20?
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad to see they are running the finals in correct order again this year. Was quite anticlimactic when they had the Championship final first. Play-off weekend is the best weekend of sport in the calendar, imho, and having it build up to the biggest of three games is the best way to do it.
  • Glad to see they are running the finals in correct order again this year. Was quite anticlimactic when they had the Championship final first. Play-off weekend is the best weekend of sport in the calendar, imho, and having it build up to the biggest of three games is the best way to do it.
    They’ve stated to play the Championship play off final first when it’s a tournament year. It will switch back next season because of Euro 2020.
    They’ve stated to play the Championship play off final first when it’s a tournament year. It will switch back next season because of Euro 2020.
    Does the 2 days make that much difference to tournament preparation? It just seems a shame to not end the EFL season with its biggest game, indeed in some ways THE biggest club league game in the world or certainly the most financially important.

Our game against Sunderland in 1998 was on Monday, and that was a tournament summer
    Does the 2 days make that much difference to tournament preparation? It just seems a shame to not end the EFL season with its biggest game, indeed in some ways THE biggest club league game in the world or certainly the most financially important.

Our game against Sunderland in 1998 was on Monday, and that was a tournament summer
    Not like there are going to be any England internationals playing in any of the games. Without wishing to come over all Daily Mail, why should the English league calendar be adjusted to minimize impact to the tournament preparations of foreign national teams?
  • what are the provisional dates for the semi-finals,anyone know or hazard a guess
  • what are the provisional dates for the semi-finals,anyone know or hazard a guess
    Few guesses at provisional dates mentioned in this thread...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/81456/play-off-semi-final-dates#latest
    9th 10th of May bert
  • Can't say for absolute certainty but if it's the same as previous years the first legs will be on Thursday 9 May and Saturday 11 May and the second legs on Sunday 12 May and Wednesday 15 May. If we finish 5th or 6th we will be at home in the first leg. 
    See my earlier post for dates. Can't be certain these are right but the days correspond with what has happened in previous years. 

Not like there are going to be any England internationals playing in any of the games. Without wishing to come over all Daily Mail, why should the English league calendar be adjusted to minimize impact to the tournament preparations of foreign national teams?
    I could give you an answer.... but, if you think about it a little more I’d say you could come up with a reason that it benefits the English leagues themselves.

Please forgive my tone; the daily mail undercurrent to your post bothered me 
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    what are the provisional dates for the semi-finals,anyone know or hazard a guess
    9th 10th of May bert
    Nice one, I'll get in touch with The Bricklayers.
  • irrespective of the semi dates, I have just booked a hotel and train trip to norf London for finals weekend..  on the offchance we don't make it, a weekend of shopping and sightseeing will be in order .. I HOPE not !!
  • Just changed my flight over. Last September I booked the flights to take in the final 3 games of the season. Now that we'll make the playoffs (I can't see us imploding) I've changed my flights to May 6 through May 27.

One of the little hazards of following Charlton from such a long way away. And, it costs money to change flights. That comes with the territory though.

Wembley here we come - we'll see :).   
  • edited March 2019
    I'm hoping for a repeat of 21 years ago.
  • anyone worked out if we will be home or away first leg 2020 and exact dates?
    You thinking of going on holiday again
  • clb74 said:
    anyone worked out if we will be home or away first leg 2020 and exact dates?
    You thinking of going on holiday again
    if possible for a week between semi final and final
  • anyone worked out if we will be home or away first leg 2020 and exact dates?
    I wouldn’t worry about the play off dates as we will be one of the Automatics. 🙃
  • Solidgone said:
    I wouldn’t worry about the play off dates as we will be one of the Automatics. 🙃
    i could do a fortnight then
  • Solidgone said:
    Do you know what date the parade will be