Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

play off semi-final dates

Comments

• Options
    can't see us selling out the away leg on a Sunday tea-time and on TV
  • Options

Sage said:

Really hope I go to the away fixture of the play off. I’ve had a free season ticket this season but have had to give it back now as the league season is over at home.

Any idea how it’ll work getting tickets for the away leg?

probably the same for any restricted sale this season:

1) Valley Gold
    2) Season ticket holders
    3) No. of aways purchased via CAFC (criteria then set by club)
    4) Open sale
    this i do think that non valley gold/st holders may struggle
  • Options

Sage said:

Really hope I go to the away fixture of the play off. I’ve had a free season ticket this season but have had to give it back now as the league season is over at home.

Any idea how it’ll work getting tickets for the away leg?

probably the same for any restricted sale this season:

1) Valley Gold
    2) Season ticket holders
    3) No. of aways purchased via CAFC (criteria then set by club)
    4) Open sale
    But with really truncated time limits, considering that if it's Shrewsbury there will be less than a week to sell the tickets, allowing a day or two to receive the actual tickets from them.

For Shrewsbury themselves, it'll be even more of a rush to sell tickets for the Thursday match at us or Scunthorpe
  • Options

would be very disappointed if we couldn't shift 1700 for Shrewsbury assuming we hadn't been tonked in the first leg
  • Options
    Thanks guys, hopefully I’ll still get tickets! Worst case is I watch it on Sky but would rather be there.
  • Options

would be very disappointed if we couldn't shift 1700 for Shrewsbury assuming we hadn't been tonked in the first leg
    You'd assume that all the tickets for the away match would be sold before the home leg anyway!
  • Options
    I believe Shrewsbury's away end holds 1796.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Curb_It said:

How long do Registry Office weddings last? My sister has part one on the 12th at Woolwich at 11.45. Just asking for my other half, I've got no chance.

My brother got married at Bromley registry office last year. From recollection, I would say about an hour an a half in total including drinks on arrival, half an hour formalities and then half an hour taking photos etc.

If he's not likely to be an integral part of the photos then he might be able to slide off after an hour.
    We are the witnesses. So a little tricky.

But Then we are all going to Spain for the actual wedding, due to fly back on the 29th. Arghhh. Least the wedding is midweek so no problems leaving Spain early.

• Options
    What date are the play-off semis this year? Gotta go away and trying to org anise it around Charlton
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    What date are the play-off semis this year? Gotta go away and trying to org anise it around Charlton
    Teams normally get 10 days to prepare for the final (26 May) so you need to work back from there which are likely to be in the 7days from say 9th May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking a page back on this thread to last season the first legs were either  Thursday & Sunday or Saturday & Wednesday......straight after the end of the normal season. 
  • Options
    Can we not skip the play off semi finals and get straight to the Sunderland Charlton play off final which everyone want to see.
  • Options
    Can we not skip the play off semi finals and get straight to the Sunderland Charlton play off final which everyone want to see.
    Not so sure they won’t sneak 2nd.
  • Options
    I think the first leg of the semi final will be on Saturday 11th May
  • Options
    Can't say for absolute certainty but if it's the same as previous years the first legs will be on Thursday 9 May and Saturday 11 May and the second legs on Sunday 12 May and Wednesday 15 May. If we finish 5th or 6th we will be at home in the first leg. 
  • Options
    I of course have cleverly booked a week away in the Lake District from may 11th.

I'll have to dress that up as committed boycotting when Idle junior twigs.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I of course have cleverly booked a week away in the Lake District from may 11th.

Not too bad if we're playing away at Blackpool or Fleetwood though!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    IdleHans said:

Not too bad if we're playing away at Blackpool or Fleetwood though!
    Only two hours drive to Sunderland or Barnsley as well
  • Options
    Looks odd on to be Portsmouth. Been looking that way for a couple of weeks. Neither of us are probably good enough/the teams above won't drop enough for us to catch them. And 6th place are too far behind/inconsistent to catch us.
  • Options
    I'm not around either on Sat 11th May so hoping it's not that day. Looks odds on us against Pompey in the semi finals, hopefully we can finish 4th and get the home leg second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Not so sure they won’t sneak 2nd.
    Sunderland will have 9 matches to play in
    April/May due to postponements, international breaks and Checkatrade. Will be a busy schedule for them.

• Options
    I think Doncaster will miss out as they have a very difficult run in. Really hoping we can at least pip Pompey for 4th. I don’t think anyone will fancy Sunderland away midweek!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    I think Doncaster will miss out as they have a very difficult run in. Really hoping we can at least pip Pompey for 4th. I don’t think anyone will fancy Sunderland away midweek!
    If Sunderland finish 3rd, won't they play the 6th placed team which on current form is unlikely to be us?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    If Sunderland finish 3rd, won't they play the 6th placed team which on current form is unlikely to be us?
    Only two points ahead of Portsmouth and four ahead of us despite their game in hand though

Plus they'll both get a further game in hand on us when they play in the Football League Trophy

Sunderland have to travel to Accrington and Fleetwood for what'll be their two games; Portsmouth will host Peterborough (all three fixtures in early and late April)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Weird that for a second season running our final game is against Rochdale.

And that again potentially they might need to win it to stay up!
  • Options
    Sunderland also have a harder run in than Barnsley, expect Barnsley to grab 2nd. Expecting us to play Portsmouth. One of the legs will almost certainly be the weekend immediately after the season ends. Home of Away, who knows. Fixture schedule dictated by sky who will look at all 12 play off games and decide who they want where! 
    Final definitely 26th
  • Options

And that potentially they might need to win it to stay up!
    Makes a change from having to play the champions in the last game every year.
  • Options

And that potentially they might need to win it to stay up!
    I think Rochdale might be gone this time round...

Last term they had the benefit of having enough games in hand from their pitch problems and FA Cup to put them in a false position

If we dont go up I'd like us to look at Ian Henderson from them
  • Options
    if we play Portsmouth I wonder how many Millwall will be popping along ….
    We'll be lucky to get a ticket. The spanners will be queuing outside the valley in April.