Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

play off semi-final dates

Comments

• maybe Wembley logistics?
  • What's Wembley got to do with it?

The 3 finals would still be held on the same bank holiday weekend, just that there would be no need to cram the 6 play offs in so soon after the season ends.
  • We've got to finish 5th. 10th May would be a nightmare for me.
  • Can make Shrewsbury away or Rotherham home. If we do get Rotherham those not going to the game would a pub be arranged we could meet up to watch at be good to get some atmosphere.
  • Cant make either :( away in vegas so fingers crossed we can get to Wembley for the big day out!
  • Cant make either :( away in vegas so fingers crossed we can get to Wembley for the big day out!

I think sympathy for your plight will be limited...
  • Had a look at trains for both the away legs both will include an overnight stop, do people think the club will arrange coaches??
  • I am in Crete on 27th May.......OFFS!
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a look at trains for both the away legs both will include an overnight stop, do people think the club will arrange coaches??

They struggle to sell tickets. The only way they could achieve this would be to beg the fans that used to do it to come back.

Shrewsbury would be a 5.15pm ko on the Sunday. National Rail says the last train back is at 9.31pm.
  • On 25/5 I get my gallbladder out. Keyhole surgery but never react well to anaesthetic. Will I be fit enough for the final at Wembley?
  • MrLargo said:

Had a look at trains for both the away legs both will include an overnight stop, do people think the club will arrange coaches??

Shrewsbury would be a 17.15 ko on the Sunday. National Rail says the last train back is at 9.31pm.
    with no extra time the game will be finished 7.15ish

shrewsbury changes arrival london euston
    19.42 1 23.58
    20.23 1 00.25
    21.31 1 01.03

suppose could get a taxi from london as will likely miss south easterns last trains.

currently return train is £58.95 without railcards.
  • Oh see what you mean. Yep, have to make do with night buses etc to get back to SE.
  • How about 4 of you get together and get an Uber ??
  • kimbo said:

On 25/5 I get my gallbladder out. Keyhole surgery but never react well to anaesthetic. Will I be fit enough for the final at Wembley?

You should be fine unless you are planning on playing!
  • MrLargo said:

Had a look at trains for both the away legs both will include an overnight stop, do people think the club will arrange coaches??

Shrewsbury would be a 17.15 ko on the Sunday. National Rail says the last train back is at 9.31pm.

19.42 1 23.58
    20.23 1 00.25
    21.31 1 01.03

suppose could get a taxi from london as will likely miss south easterns last trains.

Plenty night buses these days. N41 London to Bexleyheath.
  • MrLargo said:

19.42 1 23.58
    20.23 1 00.25
    21.31 1 01.03

Plenty night buses these days. N41 London to Bexleyheath.
    it was more having to work the next day ill ghost it anyway but a 5.15 wake up after getting in at 2 isn't ideal, would more than likely drive.

• I'm a bit concerned about the time available to sell the tickets, especially for the SF home leg. We play Rochdale on the 5th, the 6th is a Sunday, the 7th a public holiday and maybe we play the SF on the 10th. (Thinking back to 1998 I and my sons were all VIPs so I don't recall any problem for us.) Even if new owners appear very soon it will surely be too late for them to have any impact, at least where this issue is concerned.

Airman, any thoughts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ticketmaster.
  • kimbo said:

On 25/5 I get my gallbladder out. Keyhole surgery but never react well to anaesthetic. Will I be fit enough for the final at Wembley?

2-3 pints in you'll be wondering what all the worrying was about. Of course you'll be fine.
  • edited May 2018
    i think shrewsbury would be v hard to get a ticket for if not a st which a lot of our away support is depending on how the club sell them, i think max well get is 1500, fortunately match will be on sky, just wish it was an earlier kick off time, the wednesday night at rotherham is out for me, and like an idiot i booked a holiday over playoff final day
  • just looked up logistics for both - real shame shrewsbury ko isnt earlier.

shrewsburys ground is 2 miles from the station. without et you would struggle to make 19.42 which gets you to euston for 22.53, more than likely would be the 20.23 which has 1 change at crewe arriving into euston for 00.25.

driving from Bexley is 3h 26mins

rotherham would mean an overnight stop if getting trains as last one goes at 21.29

driving from Bexley is 3h 37m
  • MrLargo said:

19.42 1 23.58
    20.23 1 00.25
    21.31 1 01.03

Airbnb have rooms around £30. Bit of breakfast and 6.30 train straight into work for 9?
  • Or travel to Wolverhampton and stay overnight there. 1hr 39m into London.

shrewsburys ground is 2 miles from the station. without et you would struggle to make 19.42 which gets you to euston for 22.53, more than likely would be the 20.23 which has 1 change at crewe arriving into euston for 00.25.

rotherham would mean an overnight stop if getting trains as last one goes at 21.29

you think you've got it bad - i've got to get back to Brussels for the Monday morning for a course !

you think you've got it bad - i've got to get back to Brussels for the Monday morning for a course !
    love the team but i possibly may go for the sky option

love the team but i possibly may go for the sky option
    yep, might be wise for me too.

Go there in Roland's private jet, I'm sure he'll be over for the playoffs