Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rotherham | Easter Monday | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    The Addicks are looking to do the league double over Rotherham for the first time since the 1960-61 campaign, when they were in the second tier.

Rotherham haven't won any of their last five league meetings with Charlton (D3 L2), this after having won their previous five against them (from 1981-83).

Charlton unbeaten in their last nine league games on Easter Monday (W7 D2), including wins in each of their last five.

Rotherham have won six of their last nine league away games (D1 L2), although both of those losses have come in their last three games.
  • Options
    Got a good feeling about tomorrow (though I have been drinking). Come on you reds!
  • Options
    In terms of the Millers, I think rb is a weakness for them so we need to be on top of that.
  • Options
    We are invincible, even against the might and wealth of super Rotherham. The dream continues.

• Options
    Lose 4-1
  • Options
    My postitivity seems to be flowing after Fridays performance, it will be a difficult game, in fact I think even very difficult, but Bow/JJ have the squad 'buzzing'...Addicks win a good game of footie and a hard fought battle......3-1
  • Options

In terms of the Millers, I think rb is a weakness for them so we need to be on top of that.

That is the side we attack most. They could unbalance their side to cover.
  • Options
    That is Fosu's side, just saying ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

ross1 said:

Tariqe Fosu: Charlton are reaping the rewards of Lee Bowyer’s formation change

Tarqie Fosu celebrates his second and Charlton's third goal at Northampton. Photo: Kyle Andrews
    POSTED BY: LOUIS MENDEZ 1ST APRIL 2018

Charlton midfielder Tariqe Fosu says that caretaker boss Lee Bowyer’s formation change has given the side new impetus.

The Addicks have won both of Bowyer’s game in charge so far, with the former Charlton academy graduate utilising a 4-4-2 rather than the 4-2-3-1 system that former boss Karl Robinson deployed.

The latest success, a 4-0 win away to Northampton Town, made it two wins out of two for Bowyer – and joint top-scorer Fosu reckons the switch affords the side a new-found freedom.

“He’s given us freedom – just told us to go out and play,” explained the 22-yard old, signed from Reading last summer.

“He’s changed the formation and that’s helped us a lot. He’s allowing us to play freely. Not giving us too much pressure. Everyday we’re training hard, doing things in training. It’s about putting it into the game.

“We’ve changed [the formation] and it’s working really well. It’s just about continuing and getting three points. (Michal) Zyro and Nicky (Ajose) have been very good. The link-up play has been very good. They’ve been holding up the ball running in behind. They’re supporting well and effecting games. It allows me to come inside and link up with the strikers – it’s been very good.”

The win over the Cobblers, in which Fosu grabbed a brace, leaves the Addicks just two points shy of the play-off positions, with at least one game in hand on those sides directly above them.

Fosu, who had to endure a frustrating few months on the side lines due to injury whilst his teammates struggled to get results on the field, says that points are more important than sparkling displays like the one seen at Sixfields in the race for the play-offs.

“The main thing is winning, getting the three points and trying to get into the play-off positions,” he said.

“That was the target. We won last week against Plymouth who are a good side and this game following is a good result as well. We went on a little spell where we were losing to it’s very good to win again – to get three points. The main thing is getting into the play-off positions, to try and get promoted.

“[My injury was] a bit frustrating but as a professional, these things happen. You get injured and it’s about bouncing back.

“[Reaching the play-offs has] always been the main objective and it hasn’t changed. We’ve been mentally strong and for us to come and perform is very good for us. Everyone’s buzzing and raring to go for the game on Monday (against Rotherham United). We want to get three points again. We’re in [on Saturday], we’ll recover well and go again on Monday.”

@ross1 - please don’t post our work on here word for word- it makes it pointless us doing it and putting it on the website which the paper will get ad revenue through. the same applies for news shopper as well.

Please just post links to the websites. I know you mean no harm through it but it’s not fair on either paper.

Cheers mate.
    This and probably worth you starting another thread about it. If we want to read about Charlton in other publications etc then those publications probably need to know Charlton is of interest to as many readers as possible and not just to one person who is copying and pasting it.
  • Options
    Couple of returning Rotherham with Addicks connections....Centre Back Wood and Ritchie Barker.
  • Options

That bodes well for us then, we've been excellent down the left our past two games
  • Options
    Tight game , but think we'll edge it 2-1 . Hope we get a good crowd for this one .
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @LouisMend unless you and News Shopper's obstructive and interruptive ads are stopped, it will continue to occur. I hate to admit it but I fully support it when it saves being bombarded with irrelevant ads on a poorly structured website.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@LouisMend unless you and News Shopper's obstructive and interruptive ads are stopped, it will continue to occur. I hate to admit it but I fully support it when it saves being bombarded with irrelevant ads on a poorly structured website.

SLP website doesn’t have pop up adverts in my experience. Just stuff at the top and bottom. Not obstructive at all.

Won’t be a problem of course if the content keeps getting posted elsewhere, we won’t be required to write it after a while
  • Options
    1-0. 65th minute, fosu tripped, ajose from the spot
  • Options
    Rotherham line up against Posh was...
    Marek Rodak, Josh Emmanuel, Joe Mattock (sub, Michael Ihiekwe, 83 mins), Semi Ajayi, Will Vaulks, Anthony Forde, Matt Palmer, Joe Newell, Ritchie Towell (sub Ryan Williams, 90 mins), Michael Smith, David Ball (sub, Caloan Levery, 60 mins).

Richard Wood was an unused sub.

• Options
    Confident our good run will continue. 2-0 to the Addicks.
  • Options
    Thanks for keeping up your brilliant work over Easter FA. In fact thanks everybody.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the team will be rotated a little bit tomorrow :)
  • Options

That bodes well for us then, we've been excellent down the left our past two games
    Yes, I am hopeful for a comfortable win with the way we are playng.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I think the team will be rotated a little bit tomorrow :)

If it ain’t broken.....

Unless someone is a bit broken after the robust challenges on Friday.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm sure they will gauge each player's fitness.
  • Options
    Tough to call but we have to trust in Bowyer or give up all hope now.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

lb might be too, as first choice Mattock is out injured-and supporters are saying its a big loss.
  • Options
    I might be tempted to have a bet on a big score.
  • Options
    That interview just does it for me .....he says I'll speak with jacko and a few others..here is a Charlton man who is happy to have a word with others, scratch his arse and think ok maybe try what you think.give him the fecking job.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Dazzler21 said:

SLP website doesn’t have pop up adverts in my experience. Just stuff at the top and bottom. Not obstructive at all.

Won’t be a problem of course if the content keeps getting posted elsewhere, we won’t be required to write it after a while
    SLP is pretty good for adverts tbf. Newshopper has got a lot worse and is pretty horrendous to be honest. Pop ups all over the place and loads of 'fill out a short survey to read this article'. I've stopped reading them because of it. Theire not a Kent live levels but getting there.
  • Options
    Is Richard Wood still going? Thought he was old when he was with us. Or did I have that wrong? Was a solid no thrills player. Decent as a back up.

3-0 charlton. The run continues and we keep the Bowyer clean sheet.

Reeves, Ajose and Magennis.