Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pensioners Against Duchatelet (PAD)

Comments

• Options

Just for equality there should also be;

SAD - Students against Duchatelet
    MAD - Motorists against Duchatelet
    BAD - Builders against Duchatelet
    CAD - Children against Duchatelet
    TAD - Thespians against Duchatelet
    DAD - Divorcees against Duchatelet

CAD - Colostomys against Duchelet
  • Options
    Forget CARD, WAR, ROT and PAD

Its all about
    EAR
    Epileptics Against Roland.

We may be a small group but the last thing Roland wants is a game disrupted by seizuring fans :wink:
  • Options
    I look forward to the thermos flask stress toys being thrown onto the pitch.

Assuming the PAD protesters can reach that far.
  • Options

I look forward to the thermos flask stress toys being thrown onto the pitch.

Assuming the PAD protesters can reach that far.

It'd getting over the barrier for the PAD pitch invasion Is going to be challenging and quite entertaining too ;o)
  • Options
    Are ear trumpets considered as an offensive weapon nowadays?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Post-noon (April Fool) answers to The Quiz

As no-one answered all of the questions correctly the Committee of PAD has decided to return its Zimmer Frames to the cupboard and disband but for the sake of those still trying to get to the answers without Google (and yes of course we know how to use it!!).

1) The popular Post-WWII meal item on a Monday evening would be Bread and Dripping (utilising the dripping from the Sunday roast)
    2) Rationing officially ended in the UK in I954
    3) Yes, the Victorian penny was still commonly found in change in 1954 and could be used until 1971.
    4) The Festival of Britain was in 1951
    5) An Allotment is a piece of ground usually 'allotted' by a local council to those without gardens primarily for growing fruit and vegetables - a necessity in Wartime but with the advent of Supermarkets has declined in popularity.
    6) This was a trick question: Henry Irving was a renowned Victorian stage actor who died in 1905. Although the humble Cardigan was first 'invented' by the eponymous Lord Cardigan sometime between 1854 and 1870 we have no way of knowing which was Henry Irving's best cardigan.
  • Options
    It was too easy, mate.

But I didn't want to give my real age away.

• Options

As no-one answered all of the questions correctly the Committee of PAD has decided to return its Zimmer Frames to the cupboard and disband but for the sake of those still trying to get to the answers without Google (and yes of course we know how to use it!!).

1) The popular Post-WWII meal item on a Monday evening would be Bread and Dripping (utilising the dripping from the Sunday roast)
    3) Yes, the Victorian penny was still commonly found in change in 1954 and could be used until 1971.
    5) An Allotment is a piece of ground usually 'allotted' by a local council to those without gardens primarily for growing fruit and vegetables - a necessity in Wartime but with the advent of Supermarkets has declined in popularity.
    6) This was a trick question: Henry Irving was a renowned Victorian stage actor who died in 1905. Although the humble Cardigan was first 'invented' by the eponymous Lord Cardigan sometime between 1854 and 1870 we have no way of knowing which was Henry Irving's best cardigan.

Seem to remember having a petrol rationing book, somewhere between 1970-73.
  • Options

Seem to remember having a petrol rationing book, somewhere between 1970-73.
    Apologies @harveys_gardener - should have specified food rationing which was result of WWII shortages whereas petrol rationing of the 1970s was precipitated by the Oil Crisis.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ok John, I'll play;

PWR
    1) DRIPPING
    2) 1952
    3) YES
    4) 1951
    5) A SMALL PLOT OF LAND WHERE YOU GROW YOUR OWN
    6) 50'S HIS GRANDAD BEQUEATHED THEM TO HIM :wink:

Did I pass?

Edit; Just the one wrong then, happy with that :sunglasses:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No green shield stamps?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

No green shield stamps?

That's what they called the goalie............................cos he gave free gifts away :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Just for equality there should also be;

SAD - Students against Duchatelet
    MAD - Motorists against Duchatelet
    BAD - Builders against Duchatelet
    CAD - Children against Duchatelet
    TAD - Thespians against Duchatelet
    DAD - Divorcees against Duchatelet

EAR - Elf’s Against Roland
    BAD-Boycotters against Dushitelet
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Solidgone said:

No green shield stamps?

That's what they called the goalie............................cos he gave free gifts away :smiley:
    ok, you can stop that now - this is just getting silly!!!!!
  • Options
    I know that bread and dripping is right but when I asked my mum what was for tea she said ‘bread and pullit’.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Ok John, I'll play;

PWR
    1) DRIPPING
    2) 1952
    3) YES
    4) 1951
    5) A SMALL PLOT OF LAND WHERE YOU GROW YOUR OWN
    6) 50'S HIS GRANDAD BEQUEATHED THEM TO HIM :wink:

Did I pass?

Edit; Just the one wrong then, happy with that :sunglasses:

@RedChaser you are a star - there were to be no prizes but I feel that you deserve to be sent a pot of Brylcreem in recognition of your splendid effort.
  • Options
    Suitably
    Hedonistic
    Inabriated
    Team
    Followers
    Against
    Club
    Egomaniac
    Duchatelet
  • Options
    Why 65? Before Roland rocked up you could get an OAP season ticket at 60.
  • Options

Why 65? Before Roland rocked up you could get an OAP season ticket at 60.

Brexit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had bread and dripping every night
  • Options
    I'd like it if Roland said;

"In the end I just had to sell the club. PAD was what pushed me over the edge and I couldn't take it anymore"

• Options
    T_C_E said:

I don't qualify under this regime ask me again in 5 years! ;)

• Options
    1. Dripping
    2. 1954
    3. Pass
    5. Somewhere to grow marrows and Runner Beans
    6. Pass

Does this qualify me for membership?
    Are Charlton still playing home matches at Selhurst?
    Memory not great.
  • Options
    Helping
    All
    Roland
    Duchatelet’s

Teams
    Initiate
    Their
    Transfers
    In
    Every
    Season
  • Options
    PAD could have one or two splinter branches
    Such as IPAD
    Incontinent pensioners against Duchatelet
    But maybe that’s just getting a bit messy
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Dave2l said:

I'd like it if Roland said;

"In the end I just had to sell the club. PAD was what pushed me over the edge and I couldn't take it anymore"

It does look as if we're getting to him if this latest photo of him at lunch today in Sint Truiden is to be believed

• Options
    Bloody hell, Rod Stewart went downhill quickly.
  • Options
    Charlton Ruined Under Duchatelet CRUD
    Sell You Belgian Imbecile Liar SYBIL