Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Monger

Under 10 months after losing both of his legs in a life changing accident in Formula 4, Billy Monger made his debut in the British Formula 3 championship today.

He had to re learn to drive essentially using a specially adapted car with a combination of hand controls and braking using an extension of sorts onto his knee (now the end of his leg).

Qualified 5th and scored a debut podium.

Almost beyond belief. What an incredible young man.

Comments

• Options
    He has a serious “never say die” attitude.
    Even in the days after his initial accident he was so positive about stuff. Proper inspirational
  • Options
    Fantastic to see. Would love to see him in F1!
  • Options
    fantastic - Go Billy. !
  • Options
    Billy drove for Ambition Motorsport, my sons Cadet karting team, and Paul our boss says he is still the quickest boy he has ever seen at that level (and Paul raced Hamilton in Super One).

The kids got serious willpower. To even have the guts to get back in a car never mind with this success.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Great result for him. Go Billy Whizz.
  • Options
    I have no interest in Motor Racing but for a story of true guts and determination then you won't beat the BBC documentary "Driven: The Billy Monger Story" that is available on demand.

The lad is an absolute inspiration and unique.
  • Options

I have no interest in Motor Racing but for a story of true guts and determination then you won't beat the BBC documentary "Driven: The Billy Monger Story" that is available on demand.

The lad is an absolute inspiration and unique.

Watched this - his attitude is amazing.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t it be amazing if he fulfills his dream and get a F1 drive.
    Who knows he just may just do it......especially as Lewis Hamilton seems to have taken him under his wing to some extent.
  • Options
    Just wateched this on iPlayer. What a trully awesome young man. And an amazing family too. His attitude is inspirational over and above his amazing talent. I hope he is able to fulfill his potential and ambition
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For anyone who hasn't seen the BBC's "Billy Monger's Big Red Nose Day" I would encourage you to do so. The word "inspirational" doesn't cover what he achieved and had to endure during his challenge.
  • Options
    For anyone who hasn't seen the BBC's "Billy Monger's Big Red Nose Day" I would encourage you to do so. The word "inspirational" doesn't cover what he achieved and had to endure during his challenge.
    Definitely. Also the previous film about what happened to him. I can't find the right words to do what he has achieved and his character justice