Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charltons Full accounts Published

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:

I see that the properties are shown as leasehold.

I wonder who the freeholder (s) is and what the implications might be regarding a sale?

The freeholder is Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, as it has been since 1992. Both companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of Baton 2010 Limited.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Operating loss up from £12.6m to £14.3m covered by £16.2m of player sales.

Who'd buy a football club, eh?!

No, really, who?

• Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    edited March 2018

RedChaser said:

Operating loss up from £12.6m to £14.3m covered by £16.2m of player sales.

Who'd buy a football club, eh?!

No, really, who?

It really does beg the question but if you're a visionary with a network of clubs who doesn't do failure....................Nah scrap that. How about an egotistical sycophant with more money than sense who wanted to give his 'niece' a business project to cut her teeth on.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Few things not mentioned that I picked out -

Roland lowered his interest rate from 3% to 2% from 1 July 2016.

Salaries reduced from £12,480,000 to £9,870,000. Anyone know how that compares to other League 1 clubs?

We could potentially pay £1.1m out in clauses and potentially receive £8.6m.

Ticket sales and match day activities reduced by £1.6m.

It mentions additions primarily relate to Magennis, JFC and Clarke. No mention of Pearce, Page or Fosu.

Katrien signed the documents on 20/12/2017, so as with previous seasons the accounts were completed months ago, just weren't available.

Checking Baton 2010 their accounts aren't available yet.

Aribo was considered an academy graduate. I guess u23s (and u21s before the change) are officially part of the academy rather than a reserve team.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

£16.2m profit on player registrations, £1m spent on training ground

So much for the Lookman money going on the Training Ground project

It cost them a mil to build a ditch last year??
    To be fair Gold tipped shovels a spades were used though mate :wink: .
  • Options

LenGlover said:

I see that the properties are shown as leasehold.

I wonder who the freeholder (s) is and what the implications might be regarding a sale?

The freeholder is Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, as it has been since 1992. Both companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of Baton 2010 Limited.
    Am I correct in believing that Baton 2010 is itself a subsidiary of Staprix NV?

If so then important that any prospective purchaser carefully satisfies them selves that they are purchasing both the freehold and remaining leases on the properties. In other words Baton 2010 Limited too from Staprix NV and thus Duchatelet as 90% controlling shareholder of Staprix NV.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Scoham said:

Few things not mentioned that I picked out -

Roland lowered his interest rate from 3% to 2% from 1 July 2016.

Salaries reduced from £12,480,000 to £9,870,000. Anyone know how that compares to other League 1 clubs?

We could potentially pay £1.1m out in clauses and potentially receive £8.6m.

Ticket sales and match day activities reduced by £1.6m.

It mentions additions primarily relate to Magennis, JFC and Clarke. No mention of Pearce, Page or Fosu.

Katrien signed the documents on 20/12/2017, so as with previous seasons the accounts were completed months ago, just weren't available.

Checking Baton 2010 their accounts aren't available yet.

Aribo was considered an academy graduate. I guess u23s (and u21s before the change) are officially part of the academy rather than a reserve team.

Erik Samuelson told me that AFCW operate in this division on £4m. And that is verifiable, since it is a fan owned club and he himself is unpaid.

Richard Murray proudly told me - the season after - that SCP's champions had a budget of £4.5m which compared with Huddersfield in 4th on £6.7m, but I have not verified that, nor do I know if he referred to all club salaries as opposed to football squad.

Charlton’s salary costs include the academy and non-football stuff, although the players are the main cost. It’s very high figure for L1.

Murray’s figure is for first team football.

Those operating numbers are pretty telling of a business whose costs were completely out of control - massive operating loss, wages off the scale but spending money on a rugby pitch and community trust facilities with no direct positive impact on the bottom line.
  • Options
    So essentially we made a profit due to Roland and Katrien selling the very assets we needed to help get us out of this division. Great :neutral:
  • Options
    edited March 2018

So essentially we made a profit due to Roland and Katrien selling the very assets we needed to help get us out of this division. Great :neutral:

The scariest part of this is that if you take away player sales, we already lost the FFP limit of £39M over three years. Accounting aside, in cash flow terms, the club has been losing over a mil per month for 3 years.

Once we run out of players who can be sold, we will have no money left to actually invest in the squad. New owners have almost no room to maneuver, regardless of whatever funds might be at their disposal.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    This accounts basically prove that the reason RD is not really selling because of protests. It's because he can no longer cover losses with player sales. The gig is up. Someone else will now have to clean up the mess. The sale is purely a financial decision.
  • Options
    @newyorkaddick did a very good interpretation of the accounts this time last year IIRC and hopefully he will give it another go this time round.
  • Options
    I'd argue that the protests/boycotts increased the losses significantly, despite that silly cow demonstrating her commmercial idiocy by stating that ticket revenues were not important because they only amounted to 35% of turnover, and thereby accelerated the need to find a buyer.
  • Options

This accounts basically prove that the reason RD is not really selling because of protests. It's because he can no longer cover losses with player sales. The gig is up. Someone else will now have to clean up the mess. The sale is purely a financial decision.

Nonsense.

The accounts "prove" nothing of the sort.
  • Options
    Way to go Napa, transatlantic remote ramblings that instantly piss off a sizable proportion of loyal Addicks who have spent time, energy and effort trying to drive change!

Social awareness ap not available stateside yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£16.2m profit on player registrations, £1m spent on training ground

So much for the Lookman money going on the Training Ground project

It cost them a mil to build a ditch last year??
    Jordache and West are more competive and do it a much cheaper rate

• Options

Well done the boycotters (the biggest sacrifice) and those who spend the minimum at the club .
    It’s not easy but every little bit not spent adds up to more losses for that piss taking twunt .
    Heroes one and all
    Careful with that sort of language, the natives will tear you apart :wink:
  • Options
    Section 14. Charlton Athletic owe £57.7m to Baton (wholly owned by Staprix, hence Duchatelet). Is this what he is hoping to recover on sale?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Section 14. Charlton Athletic owe £57.7m to Baton (wholly owned by Staprix, hence Duchatelet). Is this what he is hoping to recover on sale?

57.7mil as of June last year isn't it? I'd guess it would be upwards of 65mil now, minimum.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    It’s friendly, quasi equity though so it’s all ok
  • Options

IdleHans said:

I'd argue that the protests/boycotts increased the losses significantly, despite that silly cow demonstrating her commmercial idiocy by stating that ticket revenues were not important because they only amounted to 35% of turnover, and thereby accelerated the need to find a buyer.

The main contributor though is shockingly bad spending - overpaying players, paying them off because they aren’t suitable and even spending on things that are nothing to do with the business.
    True but not unique to RD/KM. I'm sure we can point to examples from previous owners too...Jimmy Ffloyd-Haslebank as a player cost that now seems high, Alan Pardew and Ian Dowie and their acquisitions etc.

Not positive by any stretch for RD only thing it does show us that he did put money in albeit unwisely.

Good news remains he wants out.

• Options
    Unwisely, with a continual churn of bs, lies and promises of change - we’ve been repeatedly strung along on the promise of better things to come and we’ve collectively brought it, hook line and sinker Roland must be pissing him self for taking us all as total and utter mugs

Changes of managers, repeated chances given, changes in fortunes on the pitch, descent dies down, continual near completions of takeovers just to ring out the last ounce of patience

At the end of this, he’ll walk away with something like 50mil profit on his original purchase price and we’ll be paying the price of repairing this shit for years come
  • Options

IdleHans said:

The main contributor though is shockingly bad spending - overpaying players, paying them off because they aren’t suitable and even spending on things that are nothing to do with the business.
    True but not unique to RD/KM. I'm sure we can point to examples from previous owners too...Jimmy Ffloyd-Haslebank as a player cost that now seems high, Alan Pardew and Ian Dowie and their acquisitions etc.

Not positive by any stretch for RD only thing it does show us that he did put money in albeit unwisely.

Good news remains he wants out.

Not unique, but there’s a question of proportionality - the club is now spending three times what it earns (or was in 2017).