Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which local derbies have you been too?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Rangers v Celtic about 15 years ago couldn't believe how much the club announcer and record choice encouraged the sectarianism
    Atmosphere was unbelivable
  • Options
    Sparta v Bohemians was mostly notiable for sausages that cost pennies and Sparta skins chasing trams down the road. 2-0 to Sparta.
  • Options
    Ottawa Intrepid v Toronto Blizzard. About as local as you can get in Canada. Terrible standard but very big burgers.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Just about to set off to see the great historical rivalry that is LA Galaxy v LA FC unfold.

Got me thinking that other than Charlton & our lovely neighbours I don’t think I’ve been to any other derbies that I remember.

Am sure someone on here has been to the Timbuktu derby or somesuch rarity!

Charlton vs
    Nigels
    Cavemen
    Bromley
    Welling

Celtic Vs Rangers

Brisbane Roar Vs Newcastle Jets, not really local but believe it maybe the most local team in A league to Brisbane.
  • Options

Been to a few including West Ham v Millwall but River Plate v Lanús sticks in my mind. Just the three people shot before the game. It’s a Buenos Aries derby but not a scratch on when River play Boca.

Went on a Boca tour last December. The tour guide said that all Buenos Aires derbies do not allow away fans.

Boca's ground is fantastic and I'd recommend trying to get in. Two options are via a hotel or from the risky business of a tout BUT I'd always reckon on a fan having a spare. In this case it will always be a bonus if you can speak spanish.
    Yeah we got our tickets from the hotel but they insisted that we went with their group but I wanted to make my own way there and soak the atmosphere. I lost that battle with the missus and was quite happy when we were locked in the club museum whilst River fans run around outside with guns. Mostly ultras attacking each other it seemed.

We sat in a private section in the main stand. Atmosphere was incredible. Sadly it was 0–0.

Lanus had about 1,000 fans segregated and surrounded by police up away on their own in the stadium and were held back for ages after the game.
  • Options
    Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline. Ebbsfleet v Dartford/Maidstone. Alloa V Stirling. Falkirk v East Stirling. Hartley Wintney v Camberley....
  • Options
    Dundee v Dundee Utd
  • Options
    Went to the Merseyside derby at Goodison in Jan 91. 1-1. Mo Johnston for Everton and Nicol, I think, for Liverpool
  • Options
    Borussia Munchengladbach v Borussia Dortmund. 6 of us were the guest's of German Addick - Marc a couple of month's ago.

Great experience at the stadium ( can recommend the 'Fan House' 10 minuet walk from the ground )

Another highlight was Marc and his family treating us to a wonderful dinner in his 'man cave' a wooden chalet built in his back garden and full of Charlton memorabilia.
  • Options
    Schalke - Dortmund
    Bremen - HSV
    UC Dublin - Shamrock Rovers
    Galatasaray - Besiktas
    Charlton - Millwall
    Millwall - Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Been to a few including West Ham v Millwall but River Plate v Lanús sticks in my mind. Just the three people shot before the game. It’s a Buenos Aries derby but not a scratch on when River play Boca.

Went on a Boca tour last December. The tour guide said that all Buenos Aires derbies do not allow away fans.

Boca's ground is fantastic and I'd recommend trying to get in. Two options are via a hotel or from the risky business of a tout BUT I'd always reckon on a fan having a spare. In this case it will always be a bonus if you can speak spanish.
    Yeah we got our tickets from the hotel but they insisted that we went with their group but I wanted to make my own way there and soak the atmosphere. I lost that battle with the missus and was quite happy when we were locked in the club museum whilst River fans run around outside with guns. Mostly ultras attacking each other it seemed.

We sat in a private section in the main stand. Atmosphere was incredible. Sadly it was 0–0.

Lanus had about 1,000 fans segregated and surrounded by police up away on their own in the stadium and were held back for ages after the game.
    How much did they charge for a ticket?
  • Options
    Partizan vs Red Star in the 80s.... makes the Glasgow derby look like a tea party.. never felt so scared at a game in my life.
  • Options
    Sparta Prague vs Slavia Prague 1998. Was a dour nil nil draw and a poor crowd. Football was shit. Sat in the Sparta end near some lively Ultras who weren’t afraid of the odd Nazi salute..,sweet Jesus! Cost us about £2 to get in and I bought a Charlton pin badge outside the ground! Quite a lot of London teams stuff available, including a lot of Millwall/West Ham/Chelsea gear. English hooligans were popular! Saw a Slavia fan attacked outside and relieved of his flag. A bit of fighting in the park opposite the stadium after the game, where there were plenty of rocks laying around for the two sides to throw. No teal police presence tbf. Got out of there fairly sharpish and back to the city centre. An eventful afternoon haha!
  • Options
    Struggling to think of anymore?

Torquay vs Exeter - not the main Devon derby but a good atmosphere

Carshalton Athletic vs Sutton Utd - a decent pub crawl if you start in Sutton

England Non League vs The Highland League - can I count this? It was at St Albans City’s ground and ended up 5-4 or something stupid! Not sure who won.
  • Options

Brighton v Crawley fa cup 3rd rd
    Late 90s early 00s

Forgot about this one! Lost 5-0 but Crawley had the whole side terrace. Unfortunately it was uncovered, so we got soaked as well as knocked out the cup